Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

It should be true

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
Author
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:30pm
Bottom line is that no matter what you believe or how hard you try to convince some one that what jesus did for all of us really did happen,unless someone is willing to believe through faith they will allways go through life as an athiest or an agnostic to believe that they themselves are the author of what life ultimatly holds for them.
davee40
lakeland,fl
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:30pm
Okie Boarder,

Let me ask you one final question. If you were born and grew up in Pakistan do you think you would still be a Christian? No, you would be Islam and you would surely believe in Islam just as strongly as you believe in Christianity. Can you see my problem with this?

Did you know that 1 out of 4 Americans believe that Jesus will come back in their lifetime?

The Christian story doesn't sound silly to people because it's been around for 2,000 years. To understand how silly it is you have to look at the new religions like scientology and mormons.
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by phospher phospher wrote:

Okie Boarder,

Let me ask you one final question. If you were born and grew up in Pakistan do you think you would still be a Christian? No, you would be Islam and you would surely believe in Islam just as strongly as you believe in Christianity. Can you see my problem with this?

That's a tough one to answer. I think it would depend a lot upon whether I was ever taught about Christianity and the Bible. Are you trying to say there are no Pakistani Christians?
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:44pm
No, I'm sure there are a few Christians. But over 97% of Pakistan is Islam. What are you chances? Then again, I realize your not a gambling man.

If your honest with and use reason, common sense, evidence, and intellectual honesty religion cannot stand on it's own.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:49pm
I really enjoy reading these conversations; and I enjoy having them. Everyone's thoughts are valid and come from experience, incorporated values (from parents, teachers, and culture in general), and individual thought. I always learn from others' perspectives. Of course it is easy to become defensive while talking about such sensitive issues.
Words like: faith, God, Christianity, and Jesus, can and do evoke a lot of different images in people's minds. It's easy to get emotional about those images, at least it is for me.
For me, the apostle Paul said it best. "You can have enough faith to move a mountain, but without love it doesn't mean a thing." How humbling that is, my religion without love is meaningless, my beliefs without love are empty . . . faith isn't what I need; it's love. And it's in love where I find God.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:49pm
Quote I think it would depend a lot upon whether I was ever taught about Christianity and the Bible.

And that's kind of my point too.. You never would have formally been taught about Christianity. It's not like Lutherans teach Islam on Sundays.

Surely you can see all the beef I have? And to be honest this isn't 1% of it I could really go on for weeks.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:54pm
Quote "You can have enough faith to move a mountain, but without love it doesn't mean a thing."

That is a nice quote. It is and I'm not being sarcastic. But do you know what else the bible says?

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9).

You can't just cherry pick the good!

I also think it is very narrow minded for anyone to devote them selves to any one religion without studying them all.

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:56pm
Even 2000 years ago when jesus was walking the earth people would rather believe a lie than to accept that he was the son of God ,all other religions that exist be it islamic or mormons, these are mortal men who took the gospel and turn it into what was best for their personal beliefs IE Jim Jones, if you look at the core of all these religions they are based on hieracy and lies ,i think that has proven itself over over again but if you wish to believe that if you blow up yourself and thousands of others in the name of allah and you will be rewarded ,then as i said people who choose not to believe the truth are open to believe a lie.
davee40
lakeland,fl
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 6:56pm

Surely you can see all the beef I have? And to be honest this isn't 1% of it I could really go on for weeks.

Surely there are other forums out there just for this.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:02pm
Jesus went to the cross for love of us all, no one says it but you cant see love or prove that it exist but we all say and feel it everyday with our spouces and our children and our familes.
davee40
lakeland,fl
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:04pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Surely there are other forums out there just for this.

Interesting isn't it how this kind of stuff gets kinda of icky feeling . . . wish it were easier to talk about.

OK, onto a new story, "A rabbi, a priest, and an attorney walked into a bar . . . and met . . .
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:05pm
If the forum doesnt interest you HW then go check out the one about the mating habits of rhesus monkeys
davee40
lakeland,fl
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:11pm
Phil, I had an employer for 14 years that was also a good friend that had similar views as yours. We've discussed all this over and over through the years. After a while it becomes pointless and is no longer interesting, and really is better to be left alone as it gets in the way of why we have come together. (Boats built to the glory of God)
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:14pm
Good point Riley ,its a win/ lose conversation
davee40
lakeland,fl
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:30pm
Quote Interesting isn't it how this kind of stuff gets kinda of icky feeling . . . wish it were easier to talk about.

It's easy for me. I don't get any icky feeling. I just can't believe that educated adults believe this stuff with absolutely zero evidence and they won't even question it. They are 100% sure. That's called Blind Faith.

I would love to hear your comments on this video, it's 10 minutes long. Basically, it tells how your really worshiping the Sun. To me, it seems a bit quincedental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3i6UwVkP6M
Okie Boarder View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Okie Boarder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:40pm

Quote Interesting isn't it how this kind of stuff gets kinda of icky feeling . . . wish it were easier to talk about.

It's easy for me. I don't get any icky feeling. I just can't believe that educated adults believe this stuff with absolutely zero evidence and they won't even question it. They are 100% sure. That's called Blind Faith.

I would love to hear your comments on this video, it's 10 minutes long. Basically, it tells how your really worshiping the Sun. To me, it seems a bit quincedental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here because you seem very convinced in your belief. There IS evidence of many things that are written in the Bible.

You could say the evidence presented isn't convincing enough for you, but to claim there is no evidence requires ignoring of certain information.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:41pm
What is that you worship Phil,im not trying to be rude just curious
davee40
lakeland,fl
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:41pm
Blind Faith toured last summer. Anyone see them?
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:43pm
Phil, you make many assumptions about people. To me that sounds like ignorance and bigotry, but do go on.
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:43pm
Hey Phospher,

I'll try and check out the video -- don't have time to right now.

Just noticed your signature, do you live in the St. Louis area?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:49pm
ive seen the video also have seen L ron hubbard video, they are all the same
davee40
lakeland,fl
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:50pm
The Lake,

No I just have that in my signature because it points out the earliest of certified inboards. I actually live in Wisconsin.

Davee40,

I'm an atheist and have been since around the time I stopped believing in Santa Clause and the tooth fairy.

I must say, talking about this is almost as fun as talking to the Jahovah's when they come to my door. I had a Jehova witness return to my house 5 times and try and convert me. Man was that fun. Eventually, my wife got really mad and yelled at the guy to leave and never come back. She thought I was wasting too much time.
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:53pm
Riley,

Please do point out any invalid assumptions that I make about people. I certainly do not claim to know everything.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 7:57pm
Thats a cult too,you failed too answer my question being an athiest what do you worsip ,ive met people that were close to genius and in all that brainage ive never met one that believed in a divine creator. and your wife was right to slam the door in the guys face.
davee40
lakeland,fl
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 8:01pm
Thats a start your saying that maybe you are wrong for an atheist thats a positive
davee40
lakeland,fl
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 8:01pm

Quote This Great Nation is founded on religous values

Could you give me more detail here because the U.S. Constitution does not contain a single mention of God that I've been able to find.

I'm not getting into a religious debate. People have died in wars over religion for centuries, and it still continues today. I enjoy a good debate, but nothing is going to be solved here.

I am not a religious person, and factually, I understand many of the
points that phospher makes. However, I owe Waterdog one, and so . . .

The Constitituion is not the basis for the founding of the this Country. It was not written until 1787, and was not ratified until 1788. It is the Supreme law of the land, but it is not the basis for the founding of our country.

The Declaration of Independence, is, by its very title, the foundation of our status as a country. The first paragraph of the Declaration reads as follows:

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 8:10pm
Brian if youll check your history a good portion of our forefathers were bible believing christians and you can see that in history the reason you see GOD on all your currency is evidence of that, and by the way the LAST war will be over religion, read revelations it will tell you who wins
davee40
lakeland,fl
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 8:36pm
I am hanging on every word! More more more.
bj
hasbeenskier
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 9:35pm
Davee40,

Quote what do you worsip

Maybe I don't understand your question but I don't worship anything and I sure wouldn't worship anything based on Faith alone. Do you know the definition of faith? Faith = firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Unfortunately, you can't reason with people of faith which is why this is always a never ending discussion. They all seem to know something non believers don't.

And your also wrong when you say,
Thats a start your saying that maybe you are wrong for an atheist thats a positive

That is incorrect. Atheists don't claim to be 100% sure that there is no god. Atheists instead say that there has never been one shred of evidence that a God exists and therefore there is no basis that anyone should ever believe in this stuff. There is a very distinct difference.

BKHallpass is right. This is nothing more than Christians trying to rewrite history.

The "In God We Trust" was not insribed on all currency until 1956. And I can tell you that, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Thomas Paine, Ethan Allen and Benjamin Franklin where not Christian.

The Treaty of Tripoli, passed by the U.S. Senate in 1797, read in part: "The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion." The treaty was written during the Washington administration, and sent to the Senate during the Adams administration. It was read aloud to the Senate, and each Senator received a printed copy. This was the 339th time that a recorded vote was required by the Senate, but only the third time a vote was unanimous (the next time was to honor George Washington). There is no record of any debate or dissension on the treaty. It was reprinted in full in three newspapers - two in Philadelphia, one in New York City. There is no record of public outcry or complaint in subsequent editions of the papers.
davee40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davee40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 10:02pm
let me give you the true definition of faith its the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen ,as i said before when people are not open to god he will not be open to you, because anyone who chose,s not to believe will be lost forever. for the simple fact that god gives you the choice to be ignorant.
davee40
lakeland,fl
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 9>
  Share Topic