Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New addition to the stable - ACME 470 Installed

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
Author
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 2:29am
I use a Turkey Baster to pull the fluid out of the trans.

Donald
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 3:21am
Me to but do not tell the wife ...
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-23-2010 at 10:24pm
I found out the cause of the backfire issue.

I wired the leads to suit RH motor instead of LH motor   

What's worse is that is the second time I have done that. Did it on the 89 too.

I was only running on 4 cylinders.! It idled really smooth, but just didn't have that V8 sound.

A quick lead swap & it's purring like a kitten.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 1:55pm
It happens to all the good families!!! I did that same error while putting the engine back toghether after the rebuilt..LOLwe were looking the wrong diagram...but I noticed before starting the engine
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-24-2010 at 10:59pm
I made up a carpeted two piece baffle board to cover the gas tank last night. The carpet is not an exact match, but it's about the closest I can get here.

I assume the factory did something similar as there are some aluminium brackets for the board to slide into at the top that I reused.

Here's a pic for you.

kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 4:10pm
Looks good...now you need a pull tab in the lower part so you can remove them...
Anyway if you plan to put a seat or fabricate a trunk to put the ballast you won´t see them.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 10:53pm
Chopper - You might want to build a rear facing seat, maybe leave the port side open for a walk through. That way you won't cover up the great CC text.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
lewy2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewy2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2010 at 2:56am
Chopper might be worth looking into getting a rear seat from a Matrix Sorrento in Australia. They use a a rear seat with a fibreglass base that slides up to the engine cover. Giving rear facing seats and some under seat storage.
If you're going through hell, keep going

89 Ski

<a href="http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=5685" ta
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:22pm
Hey Mark,
Now that's a cool idea. I am just going to leave it at that for now though.

Seb,
Mate I left a carefully calibrated "finger width" gap on each end so removal is pretty easy. I did think about the tabs though, but thought this looked a little cleaner.?
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 11:37pm
I started the restoration process of the teak swim platform last night.

First step I employed was to soak it & give it a good scrub with a scrubbing brush. This actually came up looking pretty clean.

Second step I used teak "cleaner". This has really evened out the color and the grey "dry" look has gone.

I still have to apply the teak "brightener", but I am unsure if I will do this step or not as I really like the dark color. What do you guys think.?

Last step will be teak oil.

Here's some pics.

Before

After soaking & then scrubbing with water

After using teak cleaner

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2010 at 12:52pm
Looking good Chopper!

I'd go with the rear facing seat or something that can be changed around. On our 88 we actually used to flip the center section of the back seat around. Throw a cooler in between the seat and the gas tank and board all day! Sit down, throw your feet up and a few brews back!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 3:42am
My parts have FINALLY arrived.!

I get home Friday night. Wonder what I'll be doing this weekend
connorssons View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connorssons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 4:18am
Teak looks great Chop! where did you get the sticker on left side, looks cool? Jeff
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2010 at 5:59am
I believe it to be a factory decal. Cannot confirm though.

It's a 1989 world championship decal. There's one teh same only smaller on the reat side hull.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 2:05am
andy I guess you WILL upload a video when you get her running!!!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2010 at 5:06am
Hey Seb,
If I can work out how to do it I will.!

It's only running the standard prop, so don't expect anything fantastic.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 12:14am
I'll take some more pics of progress tonight, but essentially I installed the steering wheel assembly, dash pod& gauges (after I figured out some wiring issues) and the hand control.

When I hit the key last night there was nothing. no crank, not even a click. It was getting dark, so I didn't look into it too much, but I'm thinking it's ither the neutral switch or something like that.

I pretty sure my wiring is correct as the dash lights & accessories all work. Just nothing when I hit the key.

Did the 91's have a dead mans switch also.? I have some wires under the gunnel that have connectors on them, but I don't have anything to connect them to.?

Any thoughts on where to start looking.?

Come to think about it I didn't check the adjustment of the throttle position after assembly. I think I will start there.
WakeSlayer View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WakeSlayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 11:13am
91's don't have lanyards. Just disconnect the throttle and trans cables til you get it running, and then attach while making the adjustments. NSS is a good thought. You can test it real quick with a voltmeter.
Mike N

1968 Mustang

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2010 at 10:24pm
Found it straight away. The throttle was not in neutral 100%. A quick adjustment & she fired straight up.
Nevergrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2010 at 2:28am
Pics Pics Pics Chop !!!

Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2010 at 2:32am
Hey Justin,
Welcome buddy.!

Sorry I spent more time saturday preparing to go back overseas than I did on the boat. Didn't really get my extensive list completed. But I'm flying back home Friday to hit the lake this weekend & returning to PNG Monday.

Will definately have time to take some shots then. She will be bare bones for the debut. No tower, no bimni, no decals, no stereo.
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 1:06am
First water test was a great success. This has got to be the smoothest & quietest CC of this era I have ever been in. Amazing.! Everyone who came out in it simply could not believe it.!

I do need a better hole shot prop though.

Here's the only pic I have at the moment on the water. We forgot our camera

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 1:25am
Congrats Chopper! Sitting pretty!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 11:50am
nice!!!
so hows weather by now?
akabulla View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akabulla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 12:13pm
Lookin good Andrew! Glad you got it on the water!
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2010 at 10:48pm
Thanks boys,
I was just glad to get it out on the water. Was up until 3am Saturday morning just getting it ready enought to go after getting home from overseas friday night.!

I still have quite a bit of work to do before I'm happy with it, but the water trial was a success.

seb,
water is beatiful temp at the moment. Might cool off a bit next month. We can ski here in dead winter though no dramas. Put it this way, I don't even own a wet suit.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 1:49am
we do ski over the winter here...not as much as I did 10 years ago but I go eventually...but a long suit 3.2 at minimun is required..a drysuit is much better though...
i´m planning on grabing one to continue BF over the winter...
Pacey180 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacey180 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 3:17am
Looking good Chopper, sounds like you have picked up a nice ride. Will there be a tower going on this one? I know Indy is working on a new tower at the moment, it will be getting tested very soon and i love the look of it.
Have you sold the old boat yet.
Pacey.
Pacey180
88 SN2001
www.indyindustries.com.au
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 4:46am
Hey Cam,
Thanks mate. Yes I have a tower at home that I intend to install when time permits. Will probably install a custom bimni too. Where can I see pics of the new indy.?

Boat will be advertised for sale as soon as I can "finish" it as I have picked up a new ride a little earlier than expected.

Nevergrew has expressed his need to convert to Correct Craft after riding in Dans 89 at clinkerfeast so we'll see what happens there.! You never know hey Justin.?

Yes the 89 sold back in Jan. It's up in central QLD now. Nero of Wake.com purchased it.
Nevergrew View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nevergrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2010 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Chopper Chopper wrote:

Nevergrew has expressed his need to convert to Correct Craft after riding in Dans 89 at clinkerfeast so we'll see what happens there.! You never know hey Justin.?

I am indeed interested I am so converted, it's sickening !!

Water test sounds like it went terrific Andrew !! It looks brilliant on the water.

What have you got left to do on her ?? Are you still painting the hull, or are you restoring the gelcoat?? Can you get the decals in Aus??

I'm feverishly trying to get my old girl up and ready for sale. I'm going to struggle selling it coming into Winter though, but what will be will be I guess. So, the longer you take, the better it is for me........
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 4567>
  Share Topic