Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Any Motorcycle lovers out there?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 8:44am
In 1980, I rode a '72 Sportster from Kansas to Louisiana to register for college. Back then, if one of the guy's in the shop had any reason at all, we would kick start'em and leave town for several days at a time and almost lose our jobs when we returned. I still ride a Sportster.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 7:48am
   Jbear,

I think you did take my comment the wrong way.I should have been more clear about what I meant.I consider a biker someone who isn't afraid to ride their bike.It doesn't matter if they're clean or dirty,ride a Harley or a Honda,just that they love to ride.I guess that's where I wasn't clear.I can tell buy your posts that you are a nice guy,and look foward to someday meeting you.I have been in the motorcycle business for 12 years and I've seen a lot of guys(and girls) that buy bikes and never ride them,or ride them 500 miles a year(as long as the sun's out).I guess enthusiast may have been a better word to use.If you were offended,I appologize,that was not my intention....And I agree with you,If you love to ride and do so whenever you can,then you are a "biker" and you don't need a patch on the back of your jacket to prove it.

Mike
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-22-2006 at 7:16am
Dale and Mike- thanks for checking out his travel site and emailing him- I would love to catch up with him too, but just sold my last bike (Kawi KLR 650) and have our first baby on the way.
Keeping up with him via the website is the next best thing to actually riding along side him.
I work with a guy who has riden Goldwings in 3 Iron Butt rallies- these guys are bikers!
Thanks again for supporting Richard!
-Brad
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 11:00pm
Mike: I am a Harley rider and was interested in your "not really a biker" comment. I know that many of us who own Harleys are not what you'd think of as bikers the way they used to look. We are generally regular guys, not those big ole rough mean guys of the past. But we are "bikers" none the less. Hope I didn't take your comment the wrong way. Ask JEFF KOSTIS, he can vouch that I am an ok guy. Not trying to stir up trouble, just my .02 worth.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 10:39pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Mike (05 210) is a big motorcycle fan. I'm sure you'll see him jump on this thread.

Ken

Correction...I WAS a big motorcycle fan.Don't ever pick your passion as your occupation!Lol.It's just been a long summer.Looks like your buddy is having a great trip,Brad.I'll try to shoot him an e-mail&check back in when I have more time.I'm trying to get ready to take the family camping,so I gotta go pack up some stuff.
    I am a Harley technician and most of my customers are not really bikers(even though they think they are)and I commend Richard for having what it takes to pull that off.Not an easy feat by any means.I thought only guys that rode BMW's were that dedicated

Mike
Duck Soup View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duck Soup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 8:30pm
Brad,

Checked out the website/trip log. That's a trip of a lifetime I'm jealous. I have a 74 Triumph Triple (Trident) makes me wanna jump on it and catch up to him. I emailed him and will check back when I think of it. Yes I have a lot of old stuff!

Dale
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 3:24pm
Mike (05 210) is a big motorcycle fan. I'm sure you'll see him jump on this thread.

Ken
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-21-2006 at 2:44pm
Off topic thread here- but thought there were at least a handfull of Motorcycle enthusiasts on this site...

Here's a link to my pal Richards' travel blog site:

www.richardsbiketrip.com

He's riding his Triumph around the world.

He started in Boston and has made it to the west coast already- He'll be shipping the bike from Seattle to Russia as soon as his visa comes in.

Bookmark the site and check back every couple weeks!

Send this link along to your fellow biker buds-

If you get a chance- email him- send some good karma his way!

Thanks
-Brad
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic