NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need parts for 71 promo Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need parts for 71 promo Nautique
    Posted: May-18-2015 at 4:21pm
i have one that i could send off to get rebuilt.....maybe i could do that...just thought i might get lucky and find one that works good and good shape cosmetically cheaper than i could get it rebuilt?!
i think mine is different than yours though. I think i looked at the same one on Ebay?.
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2015 at 3:23pm
Pauly.... I saw one on ebay today as mine doesn't work either but mine looks to be in better shape than that one. IF you send yours off to get fixed let me know as maybe we could get a 'Group Deal'....Did order a 'new' Fuel Gage' for the 72.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2015 at 2:27pm
thread bump to top......still on the look for the Tachometer????

any help would be great!

Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-20-2014 at 1:34pm
Art.....any luck on Tach for the Promo????....thought i would bring this thread back to the top and hope for the best! i guess i could send it off and have it rebuilt...

Paul
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 2:46pm
thanks Art!!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 1:36pm
OK, now I know what tach we are talking about. Give me a couple of days to have a look. Chances for an exact are pretty thin!
Art
"Art"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 1:27pm
Art... Yes i am "keeping it original"... 71 promo ski Nautique...it has a 318 chrysler and it is a Teleflex tach. the tach has i believe 4 wires white/red/yellow and blue.

Not a very good pic.

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 1:02pm
Paul, are you trying to "keep it original" or do you just want a tach that works? What engine is in the boat? Some of the earlier tachs had a module separate from the tach that controlled it and other instruments as well. What year and model boat are we working on? I think that I have a couple of different ones.
Art
"Art"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-18-2013 at 11:50am
Anybody have a spare Teleflex Tach they would part with?....need one for the Promo.

thanks Paul,
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-22-2013 at 10:44am
Gary/ Tim...I won't have a problem getting it done. My dad is a VERY good carpenter and i have worked with my fair share of Fiberglass. I have been taking an extra day off the last few weekends to spend enough time on this project. It helps when you have two people on the job!! you can get a lot more acomplished that way. one in the boat taking measurments and one on the outside making cuts. The only real hard part about the job that sucks is grinding out the old fiberlass where the stringers were. Cutting the new stringers and cross members really wasn't that bad at all. I will take some pics when i go back down to my dads next weekend.
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2013 at 2:19am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

I have a much harder time keeping the fiberglass floor pans on the late 60's Mustangs looking clean.

Tim,this works pretty well,I use it on my cars. I scuffed my pan up with my shoes while working on it and had it handy so I tried it. I'm betting on Paul to get it done on time,after all he has already caught up to those 2 doing the Martinique restring
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 7:20pm
Paul, no need to change your signature, but you definitely need to get your DIARIES straightened out. You can have more than one!

Hopefully youve got a decent amount of time off before GL... stringers are a pretty massive undertaking! Working primarily weekends and some weeknights, my quickest turnaround on a full structural rebuild was March to August... but the boat wasnt completely sorted out until the following spring. The number usually referenced is about 200 hrs for a re-string, though Im sure some people take longer. Our BFN was probably double that.

Art, yes the Nautolex is a non-slip material that is meant to be used on boat floors. Pretty sure Pete has it (original) on his '64 Dunphy, so its been around for a long time. It doesnt seem to attract dirt and sand too badly though- I have a much harder time keeping the fiberglass floor pans on the late 60's Mustangs looking clean.
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 6:47pm
Thanks, TR. That looks good; I assume that the surface is grainy and non-slip. That can be a bit of a hassle in FL because the sand gets down into it easily and is hard to wash out.

I kind of think that the '71s were offered with different options for floor covering when they were new. I recall a guy from IN who had one with black flooring. He brought one to FL one year, and five minutes in the noontime sun and you couldn't possible walk on it. Had to keep a bucket in the boat to throw water on the floor to cool it.
Art
"Art"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 6:46pm
Art, sorry to confuse. Yes as Tim stated it was a signature i used when i first came on the site. I have a 63 classic that i thought at the time was a 67 Classic (boat Title read 67)but it turns out it is a 63. I ordered the Nautolex shark grey vinyl from Defender. It looks good in Jmurphs Promo.

Tim...Yes it WILL be at green Lake. i will get it done! i have been through all the stringer replacement forums and have a good idea of how to attack it. obviously it wont be as good or detailed as yours but will be structurally sound and tight! I know you probably would answer any questions i have though...right?

oh also Tim....probably wont change my signature. people know who i am and i'm good with it just the way it is.

Art...here's my classic.

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 6:13pm
Art, here's a close up of the floor covering used in the early 70's compared to the Nautolex "Shark". Its the closest we've been able to find. Its what was installed in John Murphy's orange '72 promo SN if you got the chance to check it out at the SJRR a few weeks ago.

Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Original floor covering:

Nautolex:

http://www.garysupholstery.com/ntomarfloor.html

The stuff used in the 60's may have more of a weave pattern in it... but Im not sure anyone has positively identified the best modern replacement for it. Until someone does, the Nautolex isnt a bad option. Im tentatively planning to use it in my '67 SN. But, a lot of things could change by the time I finally get to it!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:54pm
I would be interested in seeing what your Nautalex flooring looks like. I am looking for period-correct floor covering for Correct Craft's 1961 Ski Nautique and maybe that would do. Where did you get it? I don't think I saw anything like that on the Nautalex website.
Art
"Art"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:46pm
Art, Paul seems to have added a picture of his newly acquired '71 SN to the diary entry he previously had dedicated to his 312 powered Classic. Confusing for sure!

Paul, get a new diary going for the SN and change the one for your Classic back the way it should be, man!
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:40pm
Yikes, thats a pretty big investment (both time and money). Not fun when it hits suddenly and unexpectedly! I assume we wont be seeing the boat at GL this year then after all? Good luck and be sure to ask plenty of questions as you go!
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:39pm
OK, now I'm curious. Does the 312 refer to the hull number, or an engine? Perhaps your Classic has a 312 Interceptor in it? The SN HID should be 4 digits. The MoPar in the SN is a 318.
Art
"Art"
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:32pm
Chris....Not really what i wanted to do.....but already 1/2 way into it now...no turning back at this point.

Steve...I'll take it! No wait...yours has foam in it too. nevermind. lol
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:05pm
....with all your doing might as well sink my old 73 tug...

Cant wait to see it!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 5:00pm
Damn, Paul! You're not kidding around.

It's going to look great with new vinyl on the floor.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 4:46pm
Glad now i removed the floor.....would have been hard to retrieve the boat in a lake as deep as Geen lake!

i've removed all the foam and rotten stringers and ground out all the old fiberlass.....off to purchase material.

wasn't planning on this but yes Gary...it will be good to know it's sound!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by 67nautique312 67nautique312 wrote:

The boat resto thing gives me something to do so i don't get into trouble.....

Carrying it to the extreem huh Paul? I'm sure you'll do a great job and you will put your mind at ease knowing it's sound
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2013 at 12:09pm
Ok...Here we go....Took out floor and cartpet to replace it(correctly) and put in access panel(behind motor box)also install Nautolex shark grey vinyl to be period correct. Exhaust (at exit) is rotten to the point i'm supprised the boat didn't sink. Removed exhaust...guess what??? secondary stringers are shot....Didn't plan on this but now i have no choice but to do it right...So the journey begins. Already removed all the foam and rotten stringers. Ground out old fiberglass....wish me luck!

If you notice the exhaust going down into the foam has been replace to just down under the foam.....Half assed chop job...then they put foam around it after they put it in.....

Why can't people do it right the first time so i don't have to redo it!!!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 4:38pm
The boat resto thing gives me something to do so i don't get into trouble.....you have the same problem apparently alan.....i don't think anyone who attends this years GL reunion will notice any other boat but yours.....I myself personally can't wait to see(and ride in) yours!!!!

thanks for the compliment alan...means alot comming from a guy that masters every boat project too perfection!

see ya at GL dude!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 12:43pm
Paul that boat is shining up real nice, gonna be absolutely beautiful.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2013 at 11:28am
Before.....

After.....

Also installed the Airguide on the motor box that was missing....Huge thanks to JMurph for sending that one to me!!!

67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 5:00pm
Early morning/pre-skiing brew since we were out of coffee. Surprisingly, they set right there just fine under power.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2013 at 4:10pm
Promo Homos
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic