NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

late seventies boat width?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: late seventies boat width?
    Posted: June-06-2006 at 11:17am
Yes, that sounds familiar. However, my records went with the boat, so I cannot check to be sure.

The 78 Nautique has a 6'-4" beam. So, the 6' wide bimini should be perfect. The mounting points can be pushed in or out a bit without causing mounting problems as the legs of the bimini are flexible enough. I am 6'-6" tall and the height was not a problem. In fact, the lower the bimini, the better it works at providing shade for you and not the fish.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:42am
Thanks Nate and David.
David, is your bimini the 6' long by 30" to 32" high model?, I like the hight.
David F View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:19am
I believe this one is the one some of us have used.
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 8:46am
i think 2 winters ago when we restored my '78, if i remember correctly it was 6ft @ the widest part (72"), but i would still hold off until u go & acually get those measurements for yourself, b/c mine is 60 mi. away also & i wouldn't want to have u drill in your deck or order anything incorrectly on my part...
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2006 at 11:09pm
Hi gang, my 78 SN is 80 miles away so I'm looking for someone that has their late seventies SN at home.
I need the measurements of the widest part by the windshield, measurements I need to order a Bimini top. Any help would be appreciated.
I think it's around 76".
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic