NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Summerization check list

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 2:03pm
just buy a new Boat, its less work!
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 12:07pm
You might want to do your tune-up with new gas, not that left in tank over the winter
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Big Pappa Big Pappa wrote:

Here is the list of things I do each spring to get the boat ready. All that I can think of though.

1. Pull the cover off and give it a good wash.
2. Clean the interior.
3. 303 the Interior
4. Put the impeller back in.
5. Check, condition and tighten the belts
6. Check oil and transmission levels
7. Drain Antifreeze
8. Put charged battery back in
9. Run with fake a lake check for leaks and make sure everything is running good.
10. Clean and oil Teak Swim Deck
11. Check trailer bearings.
12. Check trailer and boat lights.

Lucky number 13. Fill the cooler

Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jerry.nichols@m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry.nichols@m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 11:28am
Thank you all very much. One again, thanks to this forum, I am better informed to take proper care of my new (used) boat.
Here's to summer just around the corner!
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 2:35am
It is a Vinyl Protectant. Here is a Link
shawnmc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shawnmc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 1:38am
what is 303 the interior?
Big Pappa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big Pappa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 12:46am
Here is the list of things I do each spring to get the boat ready. All that I can think of though.

1. Pull the cover off and give it a good wash and wax.
2. Clean the interior.
3. 303 the Interior
4. Put the impeller back in.
5. Check, condition and tighten the belts
6. Check oil and transmission levels
7. Drain Antifreeze
8. Put charged battery back in
9. Run with fake a lake check for leaks and make sure everything is running good.
10. Clean and oil Teak Swim Deck
11. Check trailer bearings.
12. Check trailer and boat lights.
78nautique78 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78nautique78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-14-2008 at 12:32am
I'm so glad there's talk about SUMMER!!. Mike
Barracuda View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barracuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 7:39pm
Originally posted by jerry.nichols@m jerry.nichols@m wrote:

I'm looking for a summerization and maintenance check list for my 99 Sport which has been winterized is currently in storage. Any ideas where I can find such a list?
Thank you.

Jerry, Beyond what the others have stated above, there is winterization and recommissioning section in the 99 Sport/Air Nautique owners manual in the reference section of this site. Section 8.13 is where to start.
Hope this helps.
-Brad
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 4:44pm
it's a good idea to check the condition of the impellar, some leave it in all winter, check the belts, adjust as needed. Also it's a good time to check and adjust the rpm, timing, inspect the plug, rotor cap. Most will do a tune-up at the begining of the season and then they will change the oil and filter when it was winterized. It's not a bad Idea to replace the spark plugs also.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:56pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Pete, it may have been winterized with conventional antifreeze/coolant- which would need to be drained, rather than emptied into the lake or driveway.

Tim, Is that why I have dead fish around the boat house the day after I get the boats going?? No, I switched to the RV years ago!!!

Very good point though.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:56pm
When was the impellor last changed?
Tim D
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:50pm
Pete, it may have been winterized with conventional antifreeze/coolant- which would need to be drained, rather than emptied into the lake or driveway.

Other than that, youre right- summerization doesnt really consist of much. It all depends on how it was winterized.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 3:42pm
Jerry, Hopefully the boat has been winterized properly. Check that all the drain plugs are in place, then just hook up the battery (charged), check the oil and trans level then turn the key! It really isn't much but some of the marina's really push the "summerization". It must be a real money maker for them and I do know people who fall for the scam!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jerry.nichols@m View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerry.nichols@m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2008 at 12:04pm
I'm looking for a summerization and maintenance check list for my 99 Sport which has been winterized is currently in storage. Any ideas where I can find such a list?
Thank you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic