NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake Reunion Dates SET!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 10:18am
I suspect coming from CA that we'll probably be travelling the furthest. Per mapquest,
2,175 miles from my home. Orlando to Greenlake is 1,384. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 8:18am
I'm know your in WI but please splurge alittle on the BEER, maybe some Margarita's with Cobo Wabo

Most likely they would when the furthest distance travel award??
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2006 at 5:26am
jbear,

Look into Madison or Milwaukee, Wi or O'hare or midway in chicago.

Mojo, what do you figure drive time from madison or milwaukee. 1 1/2 hours max and from O'hare 3 hours?

About 700 miles drive from Knoxville to green lake, that's a pretty good drive towing the 80 behind you. Definately look into flying out, that would be really cool to get Mr and Mrs jbear up to our neck of the woods and throw back a few old Milwaukees.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 8:54pm
BKH; You know what? You are correct. We will be at Norris lake in TN during those dates. And we should be spending at least 6 weeks there again this summer. So, I better get on line and start researching some flights from Knoxville to ? I don't even know where to fly into. But you are 100% correct with your last comment. Just as an aside to you guys putting this all together, me and Mrs. jbear just spent a GREAT evening with 62wood and his lovely wife Pam. What a great time! But he can't wait to get home and see where you guys are at with this reunion.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 4:56pm
You know John, I think you need to suck it up, quit whining and come to Wisconsin for the weekend. You're going to be in Tenessee?? anyway. That's half way, and I think you're going to be there for a month or so, if I recall. So, what's one weekend? Just suck it up, buy the ticket, and get with the program If you fly into Milwaukee Thursday evening, we'll give you a ride. Isn't retirement supposed to be about doing what you want to do, after a life time of doing what you have to do?

BKH
Livin' the Dream

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 4:29pm
BKH; This post is on the top of the mind of poor guys who can't make it that far North.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 2:58pm
Thanks BKH,,,
There are only a few more final details to confirm and we'll be able to get Keith underway with a new page to register to....
It's looking real good !!! Campers should however book as mentioned by 81' Naut.... It's the best site on the lake...

Moj
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-03-2006 at 1:50pm
Just a bump to make sure this event stays top of page and top of mind. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2006 at 3:51pm
For all those campers coming to Green lake this July.

The Hattie Sherwood Campground opened to take reservations as of today. They are right on the lake and are your best bet for camping for the reunion weekend. Any other camping is off the water.

Contact info:
Hattie Sherwood Campground
451 S. Lawson Drive
Green Lake, Wi 54941
920-748-7530 Ask for Jean.

Reserved my site today. $25 per night with water and electric hook up. No sewer connections but they do have a dump station. There is also a boat launch on site.

They are relatively small with only 39 sites so I would not wait too long to make a decision and get your spot reserved. Tell her you're with the reunion and she will try to get us all in sites next to each other.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 12:36pm
Paul,
No worries dude !!! It's all good as they say !! We finalized the plan, now it's down to confirming some corporate sponsorship promises, site permits, and some fun things like the entertainment.. Once we have these things confirmed and the funding worked out, and the help from Keith on a registration page, we'll be underway to a great time in Big Green..

I think the rest of the guys would agree, that no one will go home dissapointed that they made the drive !!! That's for sure...

We are counting on having your 63' there Friday night as part of the kick off evening in the Park.. That enough will be a great contribution.

Stay tuned people..........

Mojo
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 11:55am
Stang,mojo & 81,

How did it go for ya guys? I'm sure lifelong friendships have been put in place.... Wish i could have been there I kinda feel like i've let you guys down.. I started this thing and you good old boys are taking it and running with it.(Doing all the work)If i was only closer!

You guys kick ass!!!!
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2006 at 6:30am
Amen Guys,
Lots of great ideas and a super plan from it. It was an absolute pleasure to meet you both. Alan, again, that you for the warm welcome and great lunch.

Yes, after s few small details, we will have one hell of a platform for getting together...

Summer, here we come.. !!!

Moj'
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 10:36pm
Our meeting at Alan's place was quite productive!As Alan mentioned,we want to wait until we see firm commitments...and let you all know whats going to take place! Some VERY cool possibilities.Dave shared info about the lake and this place is NICE!Wood sorry we missed you...hope the Fla trip went better than the start.
Alan...I got back to work on the 72....it was motivational to see what your doing with the 81! Thanks for the hospitality...and damn good pulled pork!!!
Looking forward to meeting all of you making the trip!
Paul...I will shoot you an email and update you on our meeting!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-29-2006 at 1:40pm
Keith,

Tried a couple time to reach you through e-mail but I'm not sure it's working correctly. We have enough info from our meeting yesterday to have you get a registration page up.   Please call me daytime at 1-800-661-5892 or evenings 630-556-3584 and I'll go over the whole program with you.

In the meantime gang, I am putting together a tentative schedule of events and once the other planners review it we'll get it posted. We have a few exciting sponsors that we're trying to get firm commitments from in the next few weeks so the pieces will keep falling into place.

Thanks to Stang and Mojo for coming out in the miserable weather. Great to finally meet you guys.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2006 at 4:37am
62   We're gonna miss ya. Have a safe trip and we'll fill you in when you get back in town.

Stang and Mojo, can't wait to meet you guys. Momma will have lunch ready and the beers are chillin
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 9:25pm
Hey stang, Alan and moj,
Ever have one of those days? Was supposed to leave for fL this afternoon...hoped to get out of work a little early...that didnt happen. Finally got home, got car loaded and at 5:15 got in car,ready to pull out.BUT had a dead battery :(..
Thank God a good mechanic friend had a battery in stock for it and came over and helped me install it. By that time it was almost 7 tho. so we decided to get up early Sat morning and leave....

Sorry I couldnt make the meeting! Man sooo close , well take care , I'll be back in touch in a week or so! Thanks for all "you's-guys" help!! steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 6:56pm
Awsome!More folks keep getting on board here!
Turn out will be outstanding!
We are going to take over the place.....can ya hear what it will sound like with all those inboards firing!
Alan & Mojo...see you tomorrow!Yippie!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 8:50am
Hey Paul,

I don't have anyone beat right now, my boats in about a hundred pieces scattered throughout the garage and basement.

Coming together pretty good but I'm at a standstill until we get some warm weather. Interior is done but I can't glue the carpet down, too cold.

Minicraft is having a hard getting color info from CC to mix up some gelcoat so I can touch up a few chips.

I need to start prepping the hull so we can restripe it, may do that this weekend but we'll see.

Engine wise. it's dead stock but runs real strong. Still has less than 300 hours on the boat so I'm gonna leave it alone for now.

Funny thing, only 300 hours but it's still 25 years old. Seems the more I look the more I find to fix up.

Can't wait to see yours, that's a nice looking ride.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 7:43am
Welcome bigair& ccskier!!! I agree 81 that is an awesome boat! i'd love to have one. 81 hows the 20th aniv. run anyway? It looks damn good to!! Hell i wont be able to hold a candle to all you big dogs in the water..??
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2006 at 5:36am
Awesome boat BigAir

Looking forward to seeing you and ccskier there.

Hang in there everyone for more details on the reunion, we have some really great things planned but it just takes time to iron out all the details.

ccskier16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccskier16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 8:39pm
Sign me up. I'll be there!
BigAir View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2006 at 7:26pm
This is awesome. I can't believe I didn't find out about this reunion until now. I don't know how I missed it. I only live about 100 miles from Green Lake. I will be there with my very red Nautique for sure. By the way, I'll bring the Sky Ski if anyone wants to have to some real fun.
My very red Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2006 at 6:41pm
Guys; I'm still jealous. You guys are gonna have a BLAST!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-25-2006 at 6:41am
I cant wait to meet all of you guys. This thing should be a blast....
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 11:58pm
Hey Paul ,
Its a tough job, but somebodies got to do it! Still lots of details to work out!Really hasnt been too bad, (altho my wife just questioned all the long distance phone calls to GL on our work number...oh well)
Thanks to moj ...him knowing the area has helped!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2006 at 12:42pm
To all Involved,( you know who you are)

I know i'm a long way away but if there is anything i can do to help you guys out there let me know....I cant thank you guys enough for running & coordinating this thing Lodging/shirts/ posts/Knowledge ect. ect.)and making it a great event!!!!You guys deserve alot of recognition for the time you invest on this site!! Many beers will flow your guys way at the reunion my brothers!! I just wish ALL of you guys could make it out!!My girlfriend calls you guys my "Boat Buddies" Ha Ha very funny huh!!

See ya guys soon!!
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2006 at 1:07pm
Hey all,
Just a heads up from the planning scene... We are set to meet this weekend and etch the plans in for the summer's reunion. If there are any other suggestions, comments, wish list items you would like considered, please let us know this week. Come Monday, these plans will be initiated and confirmations made. Keith has been pationately waiting for our information to creat a registration page.. So if there is anything on your mind, please let us know within the next few days...

All I can add for now is that with the preliminary work put in by the members helping me, this will be one of the best interactive reunions the Midwest has ever seen !!!!

Updates for you next week .....

Mojo...
ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:35pm
I will be there boat or no boat.But PLEASE help me find one like this before this event.

Thanks
Terry & Family.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 3:17pm
BKH,

Could you shoot me an e-mail when you get a change, Got an offline question for ya.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2006 at 9:49am
62; Where in Florida are ya headed?..john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic