NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

230 OMC

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by 79nautique 79nautique wrote:

well aware of that fact Pete but the big question is actual hours on the boat for that 28 years that is what makes a difference and tells you how much ware they have seen.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 10:55pm
time for some new points Pete
"the things you own will start to own you"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2010 at 10:57pm
Originally posted by eric lavine eric lavine wrote:

time for some new points Pete

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Scott Pryor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Pryor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 11:55am
Sheesh... now that's a firestorm of debate. Nice work, guys. And thanks for all the insight. When the ice shakes loose here in the next few weeks, I'm going to start digging into these upgrades and such. I'm hopeful you gents will stay tuned and be willing to provide more guidance (and debate) as I need it which sounds like a sport for you...

Again, thanks guys.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 12:14pm
debate, no debate just orginal Pete is dead set on points. Same story same discussion same results.

The Electronic Dist can be a little pricey compared to what you used to be able to get and at times on back order depending what unit you go with and the supplier you choose.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 12:33pm

debate, no debate just orginal Pete is dead set on points.
This is very true!!

Same story same discussion same results.
I can say the same about your opinions too!   

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2010 at 12:43pm
I was refering to all involved actually, Tim just likes to strattle the middle sometimes.
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2010 at 10:20pm
ReidP I see you're posting here. Question, you dragging anything down to the boat show,flea market in Florida?
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-15-2010 at 2:21am

I here ya Eric, put new ones in johns and had to spark them 4-5 times before the POS's would fire the coil,

Just realized while reading this Chris that the same set you put in are still there running. That was a few years ago (3?) now. Better throw some spares in the tool box.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Pryor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 2:34am
Hey guys... So I've gone ahead and replaced my plugs and wires to try and address my hard hot and cold starting issues as a start. I've also gone ahead and invested in a new distributor. So far, I've tried to follow the Mallory instructions as best I can, except that when I removed the old dizzy, the rotor turned so I'm not exactly sure which direction it should be pointed. Before removing it, though, I made sure to set the flywheel at 0ยบ top dead center. So, technically, the rotor blade (when I place the new dizzy in) should be pointing towards the #1 cylinder/plug/wire, right? And it shouldn't matter which way the new base of the distributor is pointing, right? I plan to time everything once I have it in, but I just want to make sure I'm in the "ballpark" so it'll at least start up. Hopefully I don't sound too knuckleheaded...   don't do this for a living.

I'm also planning on trying to "tune" my carb (mostly the float level) as directed by some guys here. But I'm having a really hard time finding any instructions on how to go about doing it, even on the Holley site. Anyone have any thoughts about where to find a "tuning guide" for a Holley 80552 carb, specifically how to adjust the float level?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 2:18pm
as long as you had the #1 Cyl on the compression stroke, then you should be good regarding the dist. it's normal for it to twist/rotate slightly when installing that is the gear's messing and seating. Regarding the base techinally no it doesn't matter but it's a good idea to pay attention to the clips for the cap and were the wires exit when postioning it.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott Pryor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2010 at 2:33pm
Thanks GP... appreciated. So, to be perfectly clear, just go ahead and install the new distributor, and point the rotor blade "towards" the #1 firing plug/wire in the cap? Then I should be able to start her up and time her, yes? And, yeah, I'll be careful how I position the base regarding access & clips & stuff. Again, these may be stupid questions, but I gotta ask anyhow.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic