NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lake Norman Get Together 9/25

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
Author
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 1:49am
The Midwest Boys, Joe F. and Eddie 'Barefoot' deep watering it. I think?!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:00am
I would have loved to be there, but did not see this post till just the other day, have fun guys, what kind of boat is the big one? thats nice!
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:12am
A Chris Craft---I think the name of his business Classic Cruisers? Billy(BoatDr) or someone will be along to correct me.
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:17am
Midwest boys...HW and Johnny and who? Barefoot Eddie I know..Joe F?

Thanks for the pics Marty. Where are the pics of skicat?

Could've been a cool roadtrip for you me and Eddie Mark. Just needed a little more notice.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:29am
Sorry John(Jbear) still not doing to well with all the names-Remember I'm still a 'Newbie' with these events( 3rd one only for me). Guess you'll have to wait till Sunday late or Monday before we know the correct names and off course 'better' pics.
I'm still shakin' from Joe F (JoeinNY) doing the power turn in the Purple Rain with me digging into the gel with my fingertips .
66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:32am
Ok JoeinEverywhere I know! You are doin' great witrh the pics for us guys! What are you doin' on here tho...you should be still partying! I know HW and Johnny are just getting warmed up!

These events sure are fun...ain't they?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 2:43am
My 2nd 'Tow' Vehicle person bowed out on me last week, so I'm only 1 &1/2 hrs away, so I took Friday off, went down with the Skylark, left the party about 6:30pm Friday nite, then took the 93 SN down this (saturday) morn, and hadn't planned on staying later than 7 pm tonite.
But as we started down the road we could see the rain coming from the West. I didn't want to ruin the guys party and call 'em and tell them I could see it coming, so I guess it came around 8:30 or 9 pm. I hope everyone made it out of the water safely, and doesn't get sick. About 90' and sunny, and the rain was suppossed to hold off till Sunday and the high being 70' I think they were saying.
66 Skylark
93 SN
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 11:57am
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

A Chris Craft---I think the name of his business Classic Cruisers? Billy(BoatDr) or someone will be along to correct me.

I saw this boat a few weekends ago at the Antique Boat Show at Lake Norman. Patrick Cruise and his son own a Boat restoration business near Race City Marine in Mooresville. I believe this is a 55 or 56 model boat. It is beautiful and Patrick is very well know in the boat restoration business. He was a few Wooden and Fiberglass / Wood Century Resorters in his shop.

If you ever go to Race City Marine to visit Reid and Matt, you need to have them take you to Pat's shop Classic Cruisers. It is like a candy store for boat lovers. Lots of antique Out Board Motors. He is also a very nice guy.

I hope this helps,

Donald
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:01pm

WOW !!!!!

I see Joe and Tim & the guy's, just looking that big boat over and saying:    now that's a party boat..

Marty you are doing a fine job with the updates. Thank you for the great pics. "grasshopper"

And did I see correctly Karen was in some photo's..

Looks like a big blast.

Dave
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 12:35pm
Yeap, Stephanie my daughter, talked her into coming last minute. And Kent Upton , towed the Purple Rain down for us so we could all ride in 1 vehicle, and says he had a blast. He's hooked now he says. Another CCFan family member is aboard guys

The horn on that boat sounded like a barge coming down the lake .
It was loud and awesome man!

Also if we had known, Reid had a surprise FLY BY of a prop plane flown by either Petty's or Childress' pilot! Man did he 'buzz' us close with the Top Gun wing wave and all the fireworks! One member did get a pic, so I guess you'll have to wait for it. That was a treat

BF Eddie dock start awesome dude
66 Skylark
93 SN
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 9:19pm
What a great time! A huge thank you to Reid and his wife for putting on such an amazing weekend. Hollywood, his crew, Joe and I were the last one's standing. Keg standing that is till nearly 4am!!!!

I am terrible with names and with everybody's CCF usernames it was a lot to remember, but I had a great time meeting Tim, Joe, Eric, Mojo, Moorefoot, Skicat, Bremson, Hollywood and crew, and many others whose names I never heard or heard and forgot. You know keg stands and ski shots are not very conducive to remembering!

Pics and videos coming later. Youtube is sooooo slow!
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:24pm
Here is my video montage of Saturday evening.
"Kinda makes ya not wanna go back to work"
"working on these old boats may not be cost effective but as it shows its what it brings into your life that matters" -Roger

1973 Skier
The Godfather View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Godfather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:43pm

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Action shots, of the great fun with CCFans and Reidp hosting.

I have to make that trip next year..

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-26-2010 at 10:46pm
Jbear, six man was Hollywood,Johnny,Kurt,Joe,Tim and Eddie
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:00am
Thanks again Reid and Laurie, it was the typical ccfan event a great time with great people, and this year we have even started to add great weather to these events. Same complaint as always... Just not enough time to spend with everyone. In fact last night it seemed 3 hours passed so fast I didn't believe the time on my phone until after I cross checked it with reid's. We couldn't quite kick the second keg but we gave it a good effort. Thanks to everyone for the rides pulls and conversations, those who couldn't make it I hope to see you soon.   Me and bully are having a few drinks and watching some football in the charlotte airport we should be in ny just before midnight, save travels to all.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Keeganino View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keeganino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:01am
Here are some more pics. The Chris Craft Classic Cruiser was amazing. I thought I heard that it was a 1954. The pics dont really do it justice. There are several boats I cannot believe I did not get pictures of. Can't wait to do it again!

Joe and Tim talkin prop

Wake surfing behind the 2008

Ummmm does that look like it is riding little heavy?

I videoed this thing coming in and man does it sound good! Will post that vid soon.

Now that's a helm!

Classic indeed!

Nice profile

That horn was amazing!

Eric's 1962 Classic. Correct Craft's first fiberglass model.

My red 73 Skier and Reid's blue 72 Skier.

I got my first ever ski-shot. Good times, great people!

Great to meet you all!

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 2:10am
Thanks Tom...did they use skicat's BFN or...?

Very cool video and pics Keegan. Looks like the usual great time when C/CFANers get together.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 2:46am
Thank you again Reid and Laurie for your hospitality and generosity, you are truly some of the nicest people I have met. Thanks to all the other guests for making it a great time.

It was nice meeting clarkebar, swatkins, MartyMabe, Morfoot, and Keegan.
And always good to see the rest of the gang Greg, Tom, Tim, Joe, Alan, Dave, Steve, and Reid's local posse.

We got to stop by Race City Marine today and we also visited Reid's friends wood boat restoration shop, what a talented guy with love for the wood boats, a cool way to end the weekend.

Jbear, We used Barefoot Eddie's Python powered 89 BFN (maroon/grey, see it below).

Kurt

Purple Rain with 2 BFNs in the background

TRBenj in the python powered BFN

Boaty in the skier, a sweet boat, fun ride

Johnny and Joe wrapping up the night.

A nice shot from Friday night
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 10:51am
Awesome time, guys! Reid and Laurie, thanks so much for your hospitality. You guys are great hosts and really throw a great party. This was only my second event, but I had a blast and my buddy Shane is ready to ditch his outboard so that he can begin his hunt for a 2001 series SN.

It was also great chatting with all the familiar screen names from this site. Really great people. It was nice getting to know each of you and talking about our passions.

Tim, Joe, Hollywood et al. Thanks for running my boat and giving me some feedback. I felt like it was running strong, but your guys' comments confirmed it for me. So thanks again.

Mike & Gail, thanks to you again for the wake surf session. your boat is beautiful and the wake is stellar

Skicat, thanks for the prop removal/install tutorial. Reid, thanks for letting me try the prop.

To all others. Thank you and I look forward to next time.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:18pm
I am totally shot at work today, thanks to an excellent weekend in NC... Reid and Laurie sure know how to throw a party! Many, many thanks for having us out! It was great to see all of the familiar faces, and meet some new ones as well- another great CCF gathering that had me wishing it could have lasted just a few more days.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:48pm
Wow! At least you've made it to work Tim. I am spent! But oh what a good time we had. Thank you everyone that came out. I was honored to play host to this bunch. Our catered help Bart, who kept the food warm and flowing and the kegs cold, and who's also a bartender at our favorite local watering hole, summed it up for me perfectly; "you've got a bunch of really great friends who sure know how to party".   
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 12:52pm
Wow,what a great way to end the summer boating season.. Of course many thanks to Reid and Laurie for letting us all take over the compound for a weekend, and for taking care of us in First Class fashion. Haven't done a 30 hour weekend roadtrip like that in 25 plus years.. Had a ball.

Too many highlites to mention, but I will say it was great to see everyone again and to meet and spend some quality time with some new friends we met for the first time...

Thanks to everyone for the rides and drives of your beloved Correct Crafts...

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 1:11pm
I think will pull a Tique and find myself a place to lay down and sleep.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 1:32pm
I think I forgot to mention my personal self-serving highlight of the weekend: I LEARNED HOW TO WAKE SURF!! Thanks for the excellent pull Mike, and extra thanks to Steve (Raindog) for his insistence that I try this, and for the superb coaching. In the span of an hour he had 4 of surfing for the first time, including MelissaRBenj. Look for me at next year's (senior) nationals, I'm hooked.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 1:35pm
Reid and Laurie thanks again for having a bunch of boat fanatics take over your place for the weekend. What a fabulous time with fabulous people. It was a long drive home back to ATL as it rained the whole way down but worth every minute. I'd do it again it a couple weeks. It was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

A big thanks to Mike and Gayle for providing the means for everyone to catch a wave (Yes, even Reid!)and teaching those who never wakesurfed before how easy it can be.

The fly by was really something to see, caught everyone off guard and happened so quick I didn't have time to snag a pic of her straffing the cove.
Watching barefoot Eddie do a dock start was so cool it blew my mind. The 6 man barefoot attempt was a real treat to watch and I got some great pics to share as soon as I get home and loaded up.
Like Steve (Swatkins) said, we even got Shane hooked on Correct Crafts even after I spun the boat 1 to many times on Sunday as he looked at me and said "I think that last one got me...." turned his head and heaved overboard.
Bully was there and got a chance to piggyback with Boaty and even went for a slalom run himself. He partied hard with the rest of us fans and even a few of his own and we have the pics to prove it. A shot ski toast to the Ripster was made and Bully got in on that one too (water of course! )

Boats were flying in and out as well as the cold brew, good food, great laughs and great friends. The look on Bart the caterer's face was priceless and I wouldn't be too surprised if he became a CC owner one day just by witnessing and being a part of this group even though he was working. I think it can be truly said.........."Anyone can own a boat but only the special people own a Correct Craft!"

Thanks for everything guys!   

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 2:28pm
Oh yeah, as Tim stated, Bully and his new "jungle" buds got together and had a great time. Damn near busted a gut watching him keg stand.. Hopefully Joe will show him a good time in NY. That pup can party !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

another great CCF gathering that had me wishing it could have lasted just a few more days.

But I couldn't have! You guys cause me to drink too much.

Thanks Reid & Laurie for allowing us to trash Pinkham Point again. You guys are very generous in you hospitality.

Great to see old faces & meet new ones as always. I have some pictures to post as soon as I get a chance. I have to deal with my truck that my daughter wrecked last night first!
Greg

86 BFN
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 4:48pm
I didn't see anyone twisting your arm to drink!
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 5:27pm
Just wanted to post quickly and thank Reid and Laurie for their hospitality. We had a great (albeit brief) visit on Saturday afternoon and Mrs Bremsen was very impressed by the welcoming we received. I know I didn't get a chance to meet everyone but it was great to finally put some faces to names (Marty, Tim, Hollywood, Joe etc). Mrs Bremsen and Mini Bremsen had such a great time I have no doubt that we will be regular attendees at future gatherings (LKN and other). Marty, thanks for the slalom pull, the purple rain really is a looker. Hopefully my boat will be running for the next gathering.

ps. Did anyone happen to see my son's vest? I think my wife left it behind on accident.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2010 at 5:38pm
Ryan,
There was definitely a child-size vest left behind, possibly with black being the main color. Last I saw it Hollywood was trying it on, but set it down as it was too large. I'll be glad to bring it to my office at Harris Blvd and I-77 if you'd like to pick it up since you're local. Just call or email if you like. reidp@bellsouth.net 704-451-5080
And thanks for coming out.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic