Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1977 fish nautique restore

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
miniorf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miniorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1977 fish nautique restore
    Posted: December-01-2010 at 2:57am
Yes another 23 fish Nautique restore. I have just purchased her only 10 miles from my house and easily trailered her home to my house on Cape Cod! Couldn't believe it when I saw it on craigslist. It is an adopted project boat. Seemed like it passed though a few owners attempting to bring her back to life. This always raises a few questions... What were the stringers replaced with. Why stop at the bow terrace? Why fill all the rod holders? some of the layups look alil dry. Did you know what you were doing? ect. ect.

It is huge to not having to chunk out all that foam, or at least looked like it in jzarski really nice thread! http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=19112&PN=1&title=23-fish-nautique-restoration-project

Seeing that we are at a similar point I struggle with a few of the same questions.

First most where to put the fuel tanks. Im not keen on the above deck stern tank. THose of you with the barefoot nautique where did they put fuel? I am ver tempted to replace the bait well just in front of the console with a nice big tank. If you fill the bait well with with water it would be about the same weight as fuel....Id love to do saddles but think the will be expensive having them custom built. I also run into the issue with the secondary stringer as passionately discussed in jzarski thread.

Looks like the deck was almost free of horizontal braces, just supported by expandable foam. Anything wrong with repeating this process...?

Im sure more questions to come. Please bear with my spelling at times... Got that one right. Any input towards my project is greatly appreciated! Thanks.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 11:35am
Nice looking project there- welcome to CCF. I had a buddy who was interested in that boat but he dragged his feet... I told him it wouldnt last long!

The fuel tanks on the BFN's were above the floor as well, under the deck.

Most of your pictures arent showing up for me... not sure if the link is wrong or maybe theyre just blocked on my end? Photobucket comes through just fine.
miniorf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miniorf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 12:07pm
Thanks TRBenj, always great seeing pictures of other setups! This boat will be used off shore. I just worry about stability, putting all that weight above floor makes me uneasy. However they did survived for 10+ years that way from the factory like that. I changing my picture hosting to be though photobucket, hopefully that fixed things. Thanks for the heads up.
jzarski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jzarski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2010 at 1:13pm
This is great!!!! I am glad my photos helped you, I will keep them coming. About the front area.... Do yourself a big favor and tear it up. Mine was rotten from front to back. There was nothing left. The reason it is not soft is because the whole thing is foam filled. I bet all the wood is rotten. If you have any questions just shoot me an email and no problem with the hatches, when you are ready.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic