NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

atom skier

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 3:19pm
If no takers I'd consider taking that off your hands Riley.
juniorwoody View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniorwoody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 3:17pm
If that's the atom skier I looked at yesterday morning best wishes. Very few original parts left there. They are a real pretty boat. My son and I are working on a junior utility and have gotten the bug so to speak.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 3:15pm
Bill, the one we have is a 16'. It's been completely stripped, but all the wood is there. If you want to come to Maine and get it, you can have it. I'd rather see it go off with someone that can use it rather than see my BIL get sick of looking at it in his front yard and burning it up. The engine was a 256 135 hp y block. We sold it to a friend, but he hasn't done anything with it and he mightbe interested in selling it.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by billbixby billbixby wrote:

Hello, I am in massachusetts, I bought an atom yesterday with no engine and trans, I am looking for plans to help speed up cutting new pieces for the hull, Thanks for any info you might have re eng and trans.. !

The year or length of the Atom would be great to get the proper size engine.

Pictures please!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
billbixby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billbixby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 2:07pm
Hello, I am in massachusetts, I bought an atom yesterday with no engine and trans, I am looking for plans to help speed up cutting new pieces for the hull, Thanks for any info you might have re eng and trans.. !
billbixby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billbixby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 2:05pm
Hello,I would be interested in seeing the stripped hull, I guess it's in Maine?
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 12:07pm
I think the best way to go about doing this is to find a complete trashed one and use it as a pattern boat that way you end up with hardware and drivetrain. There are plenty of them out there. Piecing one together from scratch will cost quite a bit.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 11:36am
I know where there is a stripped 1960 Atom hull.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 9:40am
There are no plans and I'd be surprised if CC ever had plans as well. I suggest looking for a Atom that you can restore, A reproduction will be worthless. Hopefully you can find one with all the original hardware as well.

Keep us informed and when you find the boat, I have several sources for an engine/trans.

Is there a particular reason you're looking for an Atom? BTW, there were 3 different lengths through the years of the Atom production. CC kept adding length so they could put larger engines in them.

Welcome to CCfan. What part of the country are you in?

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 2:09am
Welcome aboard! Pete will be along in the morning. You may also want to look through the reference section.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
billbixby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billbixby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-08-2012 at 1:23am
anyone out there have any leads on building plans/patterns for the atom skier please? thanks !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic