Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake  Aug. 3 - 5
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NE Ohio CCFan Mini at Salt Fork Lake Aug. 3 - 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
Author
Randy_in_Ohio View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 1:27pm

We were down at Salt Fork last weekend and I learned that they have a new primitive camping area! These sites are available on a first come first served basis and are $16 per night. This campground is in a secluded area about a half mile from the main campground. The area has latrines and drinking water. If you want a shower, you will have to travel to the main campground.

When I drove through last weekend there was only one tent set up there. If your looking for some privacy, you should be able to find it here!

If your on the fence and thinking about coming out at the last minute, come on out! I'm sure you will find a place to pitch a tent.

More pics can be found here:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=211826938857817&set=a.211826732191171.54489.195565490483962&type=3&theater

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2012 at 6:48pm
Here's the plan for the weekend:

FRIDAY:
6PM - Sunset

I would like to get all the boats gathered down at the campers beach for a cookout. Either on trailers, or if your on the water already, there are places on either side of the swimmers beach where we can beach boats. (No boats are allowed in the roped off swimming area). This will be a great place to get together, see everyone's boat and enjoy the water and the sunset. I will bring the grill down and provide hamburgers and hotdogs. If you want to bring a dish or a bag of chips to share, that would be great! I will also bring the corn-hole boards down.

Sunset - ???
Campfire gathering at the Wise's campsite. Come on over to our "classic" Winebaggo with the CCFan banner hanging on it for drinks and smores around the fire.

SATURDAY:
Noon - ~2PM

Boaters Beach water gathering.
The Boaters Beach is located across from Salt Fork Marina which is north of the campground. There is a picnic area here and I'll bring the grill down for anyone who wants to use it. I can bring a volleyball net too.

6PM - ???
Dinner at our campsite.
I will have smoked pulled pork for sandwiches. lets get a sign up sheet started in another thread like they did for SJRR and see if everyone can pitch in a dish to share. If you have something that's special to your home area, bring it! If your coming from far away and can't bring anything,don't worry about it. I will have the refrigerator in the RV as well as two smaller refrigerators and a huge cooler for anyone who needs to keep things cold. We will also have the grill, microwave, oven and stove top in the RV if needed. If anyone needs anything I can help out with let me know.

SUNDAY:
This will be a "do whatever" day.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please share them! If anyone has questions or needs anything I may be able to help with please give me a call, send me a PM, or contact me via email.

If you're anywhere near the Eastern Ohio area and don't have plans for this weekend, you should really consider joining us. Anyone who wants to join in is invited regardless of boat type. If you have Master Craft, Malibu, Moomba, or any type of boat, or even no boat, we don't care, your invited, as long as your not a complete a-hole of course!

Bring the kids, bring the dogs, bring your brothers, sisters, and friends! I'm looking forward to getting together with old friends and meeting some new ones.

watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 12:40am
Ill teach anybody who wants to learn how to sky ski, fri, sat, or sunday. Same with barefoot, front or back.

Tim
dwcar View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dwcar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2012 at 2:29am
I wish it was closer to Texas. Sounds like fun!
83Ski
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by watrski watrski wrote:

Ill teach anybody who wants to learn how to sky ski, fri, sat, or sunday. Same with barefoot, front or back.

Tim

I may give that sky ski a try Tim!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2012 at 3:03pm
Just checked campsite availability and right now there are two sites available for the weekend in the "G" loop.

Me and the boys went down Sunday and Monday and it was great. Water has cooled down a little so it's not like a hot tub anymore but more like a warm bath.
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 5:37pm
Wow, be absent from the site for a couple weeks and you miss a lot. I'm not even going to try to comment on everything I missed, what's important is I'm going to pick my boat up today (I've been assured its running good as new...we'll see...) and I'm in spot G32. Looked to be the only one left when I logged in. I haven't had much time on the water this year, so I plan on spending every waking minute on the lake. Don't know what anybody else is bringing, I'll have a boom if we need one, and at least one cooler full of beer (probably more, and the drill blender will be in attendance). Have no idea who's coming with me yet, but I won't bring anybody that ain't a good time, so don't worry about that. Can't wait to see everybody, old friends and new alike!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:17pm
OK Guys

Been working on getting a Bimini for the 93 from MI-nick ( Nick Augustyn ) in Ypsilanti,Michigan. Mr. Kirk Parsons- aka ...Kaptain Kirk- dochockey--has agrred to get the bimini and bring to this event.
I will be making a personal apperance with a CCFan.com Banner in hand to present to Kaptain Kirk when he hands over the bimini

I'll be riding with Roger Reavis...aka Critter in his RV- and he might be pulling the Skylark up instead of his 80 SN--which he has just finished 'painting' all the graphics back on the boat. And Man is it SWEET

So working all the details out- but maybe finally the 66 Skylark can get back North again- as it was delivered to MWCC back in 1965.From there it was in the Chicago Boat Show in 1965 where a gentleman traded his 1953 Chevrolet in and bought the boat from there.

So Hope to see some New faces and not so New faces in a couple of weeks!
66 Skylark
93 SN
If you're not living in NC, you're just camping out!
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by IAughtNaut IAughtNaut wrote:

Wow, be absent from the site for a couple weeks and you miss a lot. I'm not even going to try to comment on everything I missed, what's important is I'm going to pick my boat up today (I've been assured its running good as new...we'll see...) and I'm in spot G32. Looked to be the only one left when I logged in. I haven't had much time on the water this year, so I plan on spending every waking minute on the lake. Don't know what anybody else is bringing, I'll have a boom if we need one, and at least one cooler full of beer (probably more, and the drill blender will be in attendance). Have no idea who's coming with me yet, but I won't bring anybody that ain't a good time, so don't worry about that. Can't wait to see everybody, old friends and new alike!

Bring it over to test it out! Call me 330-461-2751
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

OK Guys

Been working on getting a Bimini for the 93 from MI-nick ( Nick Augustyn ) in Ypsilanti,Michigan. Mr. Kirk Parsons- aka ...Kaptain Kirk- dochockey--has agrred to get the bimini and bring to this event.
I will be making a personal apperance with a CCFan.com Banner in hand to present to Kaptain Kirk when he hands over the bimini

I'll be riding with Roger Reavis...aka Critter in his RV- and he might be pulling the Skylark up instead of his 80 SN--which he has just finished 'painting' all the graphics back on the boat. And Man is it SWEET

So working all the details out- but maybe finally the 66 Skylark can get back North again- as it was delivered to MWCC back in 1965.From there it was in the Chicago Boat Show in 1965 where a gentleman traded his 1953 Chevrolet in and bought the boat from there.

So Hope to see some New faces and not so New faces in a couple of weeks!

Marty Mabe in the house! I didn't get to drive the skylark in NC this year, you know I'll be looking to bum a ride!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:35pm
Actually....is your boat black and white?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:47pm
yeah...not technically white, its kinda like an offwhite cream color with a big black N running the length of the hull...lemme guess, did you see it Monday between 3 and 6 pm?
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:48pm
Yeah. I followed it home. Guy pulling it bounced it about a foot going over the tracks on Columbia road.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:53pm
that doesn't surprise me even a little...lets just say I am less that ecstatic about my service experience...did you see them running it? I'm picking it up in an hour but I'd still be interested in a scouting report.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 6:55pm
Yup watched him do donuts an F up the water while we were trying to use the course.
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 7:00pm
What are they doing to it anyway???
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 7:01pm
its funny you say that, he told me on the phone, yeah, I did a bunch of power turns and it ran great...and all I could think was, you moron, why would you use power turns as your description of how you know it ran good...
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 7:05pm
well I had a cracked trum in the transmission, so that had to be rebuilt, but when I got it back suddenly I was having fuel problems...a new pump, new filter, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor later he figured out it was the pressure regulator...allegedly. I don't believe a whole lot of what this guy tells me at this point...after he said he adjusted the timing...on a gt-40!
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
watrski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watrski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 7:10pm
So are you going to Erie with it? Give me a call around 5.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2012 at 7:16pm
no, Eric sent me to someone else
will do
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 2:57pm
Where's the food sign-up list Randy?   Well- anyways less than a week away! I'm not much on the pork--But am a Burger and dog guy Say will I have to bring my meat or would this be available for us Kids on Saturday Night?
Roger says he has a small tent- but might take you up on the bigger tent.
I hope dochockey has the Bimini by now--- I have his CCFan Banner
Also finalizing if we're bringing the Skylark or critter's 80 SN.
Critter's the early bird- So I guess we'll be there sometime around 4pm on Thursday the 2nd.
See ya'll Soon
66 Skylark
93 SN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by MartyMabe MartyMabe wrote:

Where's the food sign-up list Randy? [/IMG]

Ohio Mini Grocery List

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 6:47pm
There should be plenty of extra dogs and burgers for Saturday Marty.

I'll bring the big tent for you Marty

I vote for bringing the Skylark!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

I vote for bringing the Skylark!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-29-2012 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Randy_in_Ohio Randy_in_Ohio wrote:

There should be plenty of extra dogs and burgers for Saturday.

No crayfish or crawdads please

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2012 at 6:26pm
Looks like the weather should be good for this weekend.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randy_in_Ohio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 3:08pm
Here are some things you don't want to forget:

-Boat registration and safety gear
-Insect repellant
-Sunscreen
-Beer coozies
-Chairs

BTW There are a couple convenience stores located right outside of the park entrance on SR-22(Cadiz Rd.) , Mr. G's and Lakeside carryout, there is also a store at the campground entrance where you check in that sells ice and firewood.

Remember, all the sites in the campground have electricity, so if you want to bring a fan to plug in to keep your tent cool or a small fridge to keep your drinks cool...

MartyMabe View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MartyMabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-01-2012 at 8:04pm
OK Fans--- Represent the MidWest    I hope some CCFans show up on Saturday just for the day if ya'll can make it

Bring your wallets- help an Obama Kid out    I'm bringing a few Decals, Retro CC Script Guide Pole Covers, for a FALL BLOWOUT SALE !

Critter says the Skylark will Be in Tow behind the RV--- So Here's the chance to Drive and See The " OOPS ! "

I'm pumped to Get the Bimini from Kirk and present him with a CCFan.com Banner

Already sent Nick his Banner along with some other 'Goodies' and more to follow

1 more day for me fellas! YeeeeHawwwwww

66 Skylark
93 SN
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 1:57am
don't forget the pics....

hey Randy..call me next week if you still have my cell and leave me your number..thanx.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-02-2012 at 2:04am
John you back home?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12345>
  Share Topic