NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CT Mini 2014, August 22-24

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 12>
Author
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 2:27pm
Watch out for Tim, his hospitality absolutely stops at the end on the tow rope.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 3:30pm
Hahaha ^^. I received Tim's Cold (Ski to the) Shoulder, literally, during our Sunday night trick run
Bakchose View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bakchose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 3:32pm
Here are a couple of pictures. First is me pulling Brian on the wake board and the second is myself skiing for the first time in over 2 years.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 4:07pm
It looks like one outstanding weekend, glad you all had a great time.
I have to ask what engine was in the Nautique pulling the 10/11 skiers out? Had a great rumble and really came alive once they hit some RPM.
Thanks for sharing the pictures, this party really sets the standard for a great weekend. Way to go to the Benjamin clan.

BTW: A buddy had a 1964 Miller flat bottom with a Cobra 427 Ford two four barrel set up, we skied behind it a lot of times. On glass once we were already going 65 MPH, I was on ski behind this boat and made the mistake of telling him to floor it. It almost pulled me over the ski! We decided to test its power one day, Beach started 7 guys on old Ma ha and O'Brien ski's. All went well till we tried a turn around in the narrow river, one fell down. We went back for him and danged if that 427 did not pull all 7 of us up deep water with single ski's.
Never tried 8 but 7 was our record.
My 78 Nautique record was 5 single skiers but two were 110 pound ladies.
Pulled with my 13x14 prop all deep water starts. We got up but it took a long drag.
Back to your Nautique, it does not sound stock, sounds really powerful.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 4:37pm
The [attempted] barefoot line behind the 79 Barefoot is a highly modified 454 and the trick run was a stock Python powered 99 Ski Nautique.
lfskizzer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lfskizzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 5:25pm
We wanted to say a huge thank you to the Benjamin family for hosting us yet again this year. It was a great weekend as usual. We look forward to it every year and cant wait for next year :)

Jess' friend Dawn is sore as heck after her first time wake surfing. Jess and I got up skiing for the first time ever together and I got in some early morning barefooting and shoe skiing.

Great to see alot of familiar faces, and new faces as well. Thanks again.
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Watch out for Tim, his hospitality absolutely stops at the end on the tow rope.

This is so true but than again someone has some stitches due to Hollywoods howdy do.
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 8:09pm
That 454 sounds sick.

Looks like you guys had a great time.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 8:52pm
Figured I'd give it a few days to let the fog clear before posting in this thread again, but since that hasn't happened quite yet, I'm posting anyways!

We had an awesome time, thanks to everyone for coming out. Everyone's contributions were much appreciated- especially my family members who more than did their fair share. I was generally useless but it was the one of the best weekends of the summer. What an absolutely fantastic group! Look forward to seeing you all soon.

If anyone has any pictures or video of those step off battles on fri, please post them up... Some awesome skiing and excellent entertainment! I'm sure Tim-Bob has some good stuff for us as well... Looking forward to seeing it.

The bfn above is our '79 that was the subject of its own thread on here if you want to check it out. We had it propped down with a 540 and it seemed to do a decent job pulling us up, not bad as holeshot is not its strong suit. Maybe we'll think to try a barefoot line in the morning next year, as the water conditions might have been a touch better.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:00pm
Well, Jake and I made it home unscathed in just over 4 hours. He only made me stop for food once so that helped. Managed to get home in time to take a looong hot shower,get the truck unpacked and give the barge a proper cleaning. I must have had a thousand of those Tyler Lake insects martyr themselves on my dew covered interior . Those bastards were in every crack and crevice on my boat. After that, I managed to get nothing done as I was sound asleep by 8!

Anyhow, wanted to say a huge thanks again to the entire family: Tim,Sara,Gregg,Patty,Laurie,Tony,UTodd,Sage,Jay,and Scott for making us feel at home on your turf. You guys truly are an amazing package. The effort you put forth into making this happen is simply unbelievable.

Thanks to all of you CCfans who showed up and contributed food, fun, alcohol, pulls, laughs and memories. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new friends as well. As usual, I met a bunch of new people on Friday and by Sunday I felt like I'd known them for years.

Thanks Paul, for hauling Jake around on the boom in that less than stellar water. He was pretty excited just to be out there.

Thanks Alan, for the ride and the offer to take the helm in the Hurricane. That boat is absolutely beautiful.

And last but not least, thanks Adam, for cementing another classic reunion memory into the minds of anyone still awake at 3am.

I swear to god Jay, we really were coming back to get you at the boat launch. Really.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:07pm
   This is what the water looked like Monday morning. Wish we could have stayed a little longer......I think it was close to 80 degrees by 9am

I have a few more pics I'll try to get up in a bit

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:33pm
Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

And last but not least, thanks Adam, for cementing another classic reunion memory into the minds of anyone still awake at 3am.

ME: It was pretty funny how Brad pretty much stacked the pop-up trailer up on Jenga blocks to level it out. [With a little chuckle] Looked a little precarious.

MIKE [Pausing for a moment, then blurting out in hysterics]: It was stable enough for Brad, Adam might have been another story!
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2014 at 11:44pm
The rest of my pics:

One Reid assisted Selfie:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

Parting shot:
IAughtNaut View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IAughtNaut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:05am
Originally posted by Bri892001 Bri892001 wrote:

Originally posted by 05 210 05 210 wrote:

ME: It was pretty funny how Brad pretty much stacked the pop-up trailer up on Jenga blocks to level it out. [With a little chuckle] Looked a little precarious.

MIKE [Pausing for a moment, then blurting out in hysterics]: It was stable enough for Brad, Adam might have been another story!
there was a bee in the tent and we were trying to kill it before getting stung. either he was a quick little b@stard or I was too drunk for bee chasing cause it took several tries to finally get him.
bring the ruckus
2000 Pro Air
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:10am

Gratuitous boat selfie:

man I love the simple look of this boat!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:11am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

Agreed. The 93 "standard" is anything but standard. Total boat p 0 rn.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

JDD33 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JDD33 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 12:29am
Our family wishes to extend a HUGE Thank You to the Benjamin family for all their efforts to pull together such a great event.   
Our family had so much fun we're still smiling and can't wait for next year!

Abby and Sara made improvements with their skiing and had a blast skiing with Lisl.

John was able to continue his progression on slalom and the highlight was probably driving the boat( with lisl ) around the lake and to the ramp and successfully loading the boat first try! Way to go John!

Lisl skied more this weekend than she has all year and was pleased that it was with her kids!

Thanks to our friends that helped us out with footing and driving technique , trick ski pulls, and teaching me how to wake surf!

Tim, thanks for the help with the prop change!

Todd, the ride and drive in the ski Tique is permanently etched in my mind!

Greg, thanks for the " one last pull" on Monday! I smiled from ear to ear the whole way home!

To all of our CCF friends new and old it was great to see you safe travels ,happy boating and we look,forward to seeing all of you sooner than later!

John,Lisl,John,Abby,Sara, and Kaycee!
Old school goin back to school!
OldSchoolBlue84 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OldSchoolBlue84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 1:04am
Originally posted by JDD33 JDD33 wrote:

Tim, thanks for the help with the prop change!

John, my wife wants to thank you for letting me drive your boat with your new 540 prop

Have a good one
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 1:33am
Thanks for the compliments guys

Thanks John for helping me load up and head out Monday.

Here is the full Barefooter run:
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 8:51am

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

Ditto!! Caught my eye in the first pic of several.
What year is she?
Js
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:31am
Brian's boat is beautiful. No vinyl in it except for the driver's and observer's seats. It's a nice simple ski boat.

I've got to thank Scott Benjamin for insisting that I take his Python 196 out before we left. That is a really nice boat and it is fast. Tim, that boat prop walks when you back off the throttle at full speed.

What impresses me about Tim's BFN besides it's power and speed, is how stable and safe it feels at all speeds. It's not an over powered boat like Todd's Tique which I got to think rides like a Jersey Skiff.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:46am

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 9:49am

Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:27am
Great pics guys... What an awesome weekend you had !!!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

I have to jump on this bandwagon too. Simple, clean, I'm like wow. My favorite one in these pics, well tied with the Orange Crush
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:06am
That picture of the Crush reminded me, Greg gave me a pull Friday night at 28'off behind it and I was in heaven. I forgot how awesome that boat is.
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:26am
Looks like we may need to plan a trip east next summer!!!

Sure enjoy looking at all the pictures. My son Evan watched the video several times of you guys all taking off. That boat sounds flat out nasty!

Good job Benjamin family!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:27am
Originally posted by Smithfamily Smithfamily wrote:

Gratuitous boat selfie:

john

Ditto!! Caught my eye in the first pic of several.
What year is she?

It sometimes makes me wonder about marketing these boats - if someone posts a picture of a 12 color splash graphic with huge lettering and decals everywhere, probably no comment. Post a boat like Brian's and a bunch of us go WOW, that looks awesome! Maybe the manufacturers should take note, for every one of the rainbow boats there should also be a simple clean graphic offered to cover those of us who like understated. Brian, ever think your boat would get this much attention?!!!

Looks like an amazing weekend as usual, thanks for all the pics!
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:44am
What do you say at this point that already hasn't been said. What a wonderful weekend on the Benjamin Bayou. I had a fabulous time and I didn't even ski. The weather and water was just too cold for this southern boy and when the sun finally came out on Sunday, I was too busy taking pics, and driving boats. I got tapped for the trick ski run Sun night but once things finally settled down to do it the sun went over the trees and I was about to freeze (some that did were shaking when they got back in the boat).

The Whole Benjamin Clan did an outstanding job once again and as always if you went hungry it's your own fault as there was more than plenty of food to feed small the army that was there. Many thanks to those that brought whatever and it was comical to see folks scramble for Joe's Salt Potato's.

If you ever get a chance to join the Benjamin family for this event, I highly suggest you add it to your bucket list cause there is nothing like it. The lake may be small but there is always a boat going and coming and CCFans are everywhere and together like family as truly that is what we are. So very cool to see guys you've met on the internet from all over the place share in an embrace, a laugh, a cold beer and all becasue of some silly ski boat that we all love.

Nothing beats a ride in a Benjamin boat no matter what it is because they all are fast and the smiles and whoops coming from those who drive one are worth the price of admission.

Bruce and Daves 66 Seafoam Green Mustang was a thrill to drive and I regret not skiing behind her. She is a thing of beauty to see and ride in.

If the Deen boys are around you can bet your last dollar that there will be a funny story come out of it. I wasn't there or up when it happened but to hear several tell the tale made me laugh all day Sat and Sun.

I've ranted and rambled long enough and I know that all of you are anxiously waiting for the snaps I took. These pics only show a portion of the weekend and many are timeline snaps. I bought a faster camera to stop time just at the right moment for us all to enjoy. Sorry for the delay but the wait will be worth it. Hope to see many of you at Pinkham Point in a couple weeks!

Tim's Nephew Colton age 2...Start em young!

Bruce in the 66 Mustang

'Skipper' aka Dock Dog and one of MANY!

Dave Hart barefootin with no rope!

Kristen doing some Swiviling....she's very good and I was impressed. Good job girl

...and the graceful dismount.....

with a smile!

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2014 at 11:45am
The SN standard is probably my favorite NWZ hull. I almost let one pry the 86 from my hands this last spring. Probably should have bought it. It was here in the shop and it had the factor rear seat option.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic