Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Strangest thing you tried to ski on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
64X55 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64X55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 4:44pm
You kids - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME! (OR AT THE LAKE)!!!
We used to cut out a sort of small rectangle of plywood with handles. Kind of a Chevy Bow Tie emblem but without the slant. Approx. 12" to 18" long (anything works). We'd attach it to a tow rope and wearing a scuba mask and a snorkle, we'd then drag along behind the boat and when you turned the handles downward it would make you dive rather quickly and you could go up and down, resurface (which is always a good thing), etc. etc.
Absolutely do not try this without exercizing extreme caution. IT IS DANGEROUS! The boat we did it with was just a little outboard row boat and you want to go really really slow. Still, it works pretty good and is a lot of fun. Wear a life vest. You'll still submerge. Just be careful! Do I sound like a Dad? Oh, probably because I am!
Inboards Rule!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 4:08pm
water
Munday View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Munday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 3:14pm
After a srorm one day we found a picnic table off a guy named George's dock,my bro scott jumped in with a ski rope and rode it back over to his cove and we threw it back up there.Wish I'd had a camera he looked pretty funny it had x brace on each end sticking up.

Munday
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 2:55pm
We used to ski on a wooden oar. We also used to "barefoot" wearing soccer cleats, vans (the original checker-boarded ones), or flip flops. I do not recommend the flip flops because if you catch the front edge they will damn near rip your big toe off. It's also hard to keep your heal centered on them, especially when doing a deep water long line start, which is all we did behind the Boston Whaler back in the day.
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
CCrider89 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCrider89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2007 at 2:34pm
What is the strangest thing that you have tried to ski on? My son and I are going to try an ironing board this summer.
CCrider89
Boating in the northern Adirondacks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic