Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Interest in Re-Producing Correct Craft T-Shirts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Interest in Re-Producing Correct Craft T-Shirts

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
Author
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by skierox skierox wrote:

The next thing you know is that we will be posting pictures of some of the old patches given at three event tournaments. That maybe a good idea for another post.

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 5:54pm
Great discussion! I have always thought people would be interested in historic CC items featuring logos and marketing designs from the 60's through the 90's ...

I have actually sought permission to create such items myself but unfortunately have been denied various times. Consequently, CCF is not permitted to produce such items.

Personally, I would be very interested in seeing classic CC shirts, hats, etc.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

I have actually sought permission to create such items myself but unfortunately have been denied various times. Consequently, CCF is not permitted to produce such items.

Thats a pretty ridiculous stance for "Nautiques" to take. They largely ignore the older boats and the Correct Craft name in their new products and marketing, so its not like CCF would be competing with them. Just like the forums and community here, it would be filling a void. What a shame!
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

I 60s think 60s you 60s guys 60s forgot 60s a 60s very 60s important 60s generation 60s. I 60s really 60s dont 60s want 60s to 60s complain 60s . But, 60s See 60s if 60s you 60s can 60s figure 60s out 60s my 60s choice 60s?!!?   

I don't even think they were printing things on T shirts way back then!!!

Steve,
Do you have any "tie-dyes" still from the late 60's??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 6:49pm
I agree, not sure where Nautique is coming from on this issue. There current product line of shirts, most hats have logos that are really hard to get excited about. I have not purchased anything new for clothing from Nautiques since 1999 and I own a 2005 Ski 206. The stuff they have now just doesn't do anything for me at all. I would gladly open my wallet to the classic Correct Craft shirts that are currently being displayed in this post.

If Nautiques wants to sell older Correct Craft active wear, than great, easier on all of us! The simple fact is that there is no desire, no effort and nothing being produced that even come close to the style of T-shirts that are desired by many of us.

Think of a comparision to these shirts shown on this post. The only shirts out there made today that look similar are the reunion shirts made for our members. I would guess that many are sold to those that never attended the reunions. I have purchased every year, but have only attended one reunion.

I would also guess that many people at Nautique can honestly say that they have never seen many of these shirts within their lifetime and most of their staff in fact have no idea what the product line looked like twenty or more years ago. That would include parts, shirts and boats. Only a handful would know what a San Jaun, or Correct Craft skier actually is. Realistically Nautiques are out of touch with us and we are out of touch any many ways with many of them when it comes to items like T-Shirts and other desired items.

Lets look at this another way! Just the 2001 hull from 1982-1989 roughly totals around 10,000 boats and throw in the 1990's, 1970's and 1960's and any others and you have thousands and thousands of boat owners that would be potential buyers of these T-Shirts! Most people start a general discussion just on that shirt that you are wearing, such as "I use to have a Correct Craft, what year do you own?"

Is there really anything standing in the way of our individual members trying to get this done?   

nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:10pm
Scott, you just hit the nail on the head. There are so many things that they made from parts and decals or stickers to things like cool shirts that they have no interest in re making but all of the folks that love this site and their old CORRECT CRAFT would love to purchase.

Are you going to sell thousands of these items,probably not but maybe a good amount to make people really happy and proud of a brand of boat.

Look at what the car guys have done reproducing old car parts,engine blocks emblems, shirts almost anything you could think of, So why not do it for this. I salute Pauly,Marty Mabe and anyone else that has reproduced any part or decal,sticker for our boats. Nautiques should be really happy that this site started by Keith several years ago has taken off and brought so many together to enjoy the old and newer boats we all love and that new people everyday find this site and get valuable information and help that is very hard to get from Nautiques at this point. There are just a few people still there that know about the heritage and workmanship and pride that was started by the Meloon family. Most do not know of the older line of boats or parts but this site in its growth has some of the best people and information out there.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:39pm
Nautiques has made it rather clear they aren't going out of their way to help or promote vintage Correct Crafts or their owners.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Great discussion! I have always thought people would be interested in historic CC items featuring logos and marketing designs from the 60's through the 90's ...

Personally, I would be very interested in seeing classic CC shirts, hats, etc.

-Keith

Hmmmm

I have a box of 200 shirts I bought from a defunct dealer.....

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:43pm
Exactly !! lets promote the Nautique Lifestyle for them with our old Correct Craft boats and functions so they can sell some new boats !!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:49pm
I have known that for a while. When you call the factory they tell you to go to this site on a recording if you have a boat that is 10 years old or older. When I would call Peggy in parts you would hear that recording.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 7:53pm
"I have actually sought permission to create such items myself but unfortunately have been denied various times. Consequently, CCF is not permitted to produce such items. "

Better to seek forgiveness than ask for permission.

So it sounds simple. Correct Craft stuff cannot be offically re produced by CCF or an official business, but what is to stop members from doing it and contributing to the site?
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 8:27pm
This is the reason they put a circle around the little (R)
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 8:42pm
What do your 200 shirts look like? I wish they would promote the old boats.
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 9:39pm

I 60s think 60s you 60s guys 60s forgot 60s a 60s very 60s important 60s generation 60s. I 60s really 60s dont 60s want 60s to 60s complain 60s . But, 60s See 60s if 60s you 60s can 60s figure 60s out 60s my 60s choice 60s?!!?   

Hello 62 Wood! It would be great if someone would post a picture of a T-Shirt from the 1960's! The honest truth is that when I bought my 1968 from a dealer in Iowa, I was in the land of Correct Crafts! I lived in Rockford Illinois at the time I bought my boat. We were trying to get in on the inboard action that those in Iowa knew so well. I brought some pocket change to buy shirts and hats while picking up my boat, but there was none to be had! Back then skiers shopped threw a magazine, "The Water Skier!" That is why so many older inboards had A.W.S.A. decals on their boats. We bought the white jackets to put our patches on from tournaments. I still have my 1960's Chuck Stern (red with white poka-dot hat) that I wear whenever I ski!

If someone has something from the 60's, 50's or all the way back to 1925 take a picture and post it here. Heck, my best years of skiing were from the 1960's! I was spending my weekends at 3 event tournaments trying to earn little trophies, or a big one very now and then. All my music is from the 1950's, those two decades are my escape from todays modern world.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 10:32pm
Paul,
Ive never had or seen a 60's CC Tshirt... Would be cool to make one tho...thought about it many times! About the only thing I even have, is the logo cut from one of my "EP" "ski shirts" (remember them?)... if I could just find it!...

I also had a blue baseball cap with the red Correct Craft script on the front. I wore it til the cardboard in the bill was mush...

And No pete, the tie-dyes are also long gone...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 10:44pm
Steve, I have an original 7" x 5" EP binding instruction sheet in my desk. The biggest logo is only 1/4" x 1/4" though...
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:27pm
Nothing from the 60s, but I had a Maherajah jacket that my father bought for me in 71 or 72. Wore that to school everyday for a couple of years. When my Dad passed away in 2004, I found it in a box in his garage. Unfortunately, too far gone to save.

I don't know how you guys keep Tshirts for 30 or 40 years. I've pretty much already worn out the reunion Ts from the last 4. BKH
Livin' the Dream

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:29pm
Originally posted by Pauly-Banana Pauly-Banana wrote:

We bought the white jackets to put our patches on from tournaments.

Like this one? No patches though - I never skied in the tournaments! I was always doing something like working on the jump or building a storage building (Charlie too)!!

BTW, The jacket still fits!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
QUEBEC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QUEBEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2010 at 11:48pm
I have a barefoot nautique t shirt from my promo days, somewhere with correct craft logo on front and a full picture on back of bfn realy cool will try to find. Also have 2 jackets with embroidery of the correct craft on the roads of the world logo front & back with a realy nice embroidery of a ski nautique in the center of the logo's on a trailer being towed by a van more cool old promo stuff from 87 to 90.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 12:24am
I'd definitely buy a shirt and hat that had the simple CC script logo from the 60's. Prolly too tree of 'em in different colors.

Oh yeah, +1 on DrCC's shirt too.

I have been gifted a blue and white SN wind breaker. Still has the tags on it. Size medium unfortunately. This would be pretty cool to have re-popped.

Front:

Back:
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 12:40am
Hey Pauly!
Do you remember this shirt? Not a Nautique shirt but I assume very rare! My Dad only wore this on special occassions (like church!!...not really)
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 12:42am
^^^Looks like Hollywood and Johnny, hahaha.
skierbrant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierbrant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 12:45am
Rain Dog,

I always wanted one of the coats when I was in my younger years! Cool coat from the 70s!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 1:33am
I have a Correct Craft Jacket like the one Rain Dog has. It in great condition but no tags. These are very nice !!
Pauly-Banana View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauly-Banana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:40am
Here we go guys! Here are some of my favorite shirts!

Early 1980's Front

Early 1980's Back

1990's Front

1990's Back

1978 Front

1978 Back

Early 1970's Front

Early 1970's Back

1996 Back!

Hopefully you can see that these are really cool, but I sure wish that someone would of told me that I needed to buy about three of every shirt so that I could still have one. Maybe even bigger sizes as the years go by! Most of these I leave in the drawer not to damage them, since I can't replace them at this time! I sure hope we can get something going! Imagine going to a CCF reunion and being able to buy these at the check-in table! Wow

skierox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skierox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 3:09am
Here is a lesson for Nautiques that I would like to share! This is economics 101! Hopefully the guys at corporate have heard of Adam Smith who lived from 1723-1790 who wrote, "The Wealth of Nations." It really is about how we can benefit others through our self-interest? He believed that our self-interest prompts us to work hard, take risks, and in the end benefit others through our activities!

I would like to share a story of the sale of a 1987 Ski Nautique to a nice guy on our lake. His name is DJ and he loves to wakeboard! He knew little about the the Correct Craft 2001. He even thought that the year of the boat was 2001 because of the side graphics.

DJ is also a student at "The University of Minnesota" who someday will have a very nice job! He asked where he could get some shirts and hats that represents his used 1987 boat. Our answer to him was that it was impossible, they really do not exist anywhere that we know of. He looked discouraged.

Someday, this kid is going to make a good income! He will also most likely outgrow his 1987 Ski Nautique. The probability is that this kid will someday be in the market for a new boat! What will he buy? By the way, he also noticed that the black vent tubing had some holes and needed to be replaced. Today we can tell him where to buy that, but two years ago I had no idea.

His experience with this 1987 will have huge implications with his choice of what to buy in the future. Going back to Adam Smith. While going into a city one can notice that a butcher on the street sells a variety of meats. The butcher needs the farmer to raise the cow that provides the meat to the butcher. The butcher needs to keep the farmer happy for obvious reasons. Nautiques should not forget about the older Correct Craft boat owners. Having us around really helps them in more ways than they can ever imagine. Having Shirts, hats and other items helps show our spirit of ownership that is displayed at the lake, on the road, at the office, the club etc...   

Re-producing these items helps show pride that really helps encourage others to join in. May not always be a new boat, but you never know how many sales developed from a Correct Craft owners 1968 Nautique! Pauly knows, just ask him, he will tell you! Currently on our small lake we have gone from one Correct Craft to nine since 1993! Also included is one MasterCraft and one Malibu! I would believe that we do make a difference as Correct Craft owners. Three cabins down for Pauly is a dentist who purchased a new Ski Nautique two years ago. Guess who he asked about buying a boat (Pauly-Banana). He also asked where to get a T-Shirt. He wanted to be part of the club!

BTW-In our water ski show from the early 1990's Pauly-Banana had a saucer act. He was known as "Farmer Paul!"
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 9:29am
The Love me Love my Ski Nautique shurt is awesome!

Also I've got one of those nylon blue & white ski nautique jackets, wear it every once & a while for the heck of it.

Nate
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
rman56 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rman56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 11:53am
I agree with skierox I think think they should have the older shirts re-done because thats where it started..................
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 1:23pm
SkierOx,

I'm headed out to a meeting and don't have time to go into a bunch of details. However, a reading of the Wealth of Nations would actually argue against Correct Craft spendinng labor and capital in support of old boats.

Perhaps we can discuss when I get home tonight.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-28-2010 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

SkierOx,

I'm headed out to a meeting and don't have time to go into a bunch of details. However, a reading of the Wealth of Nations would actually argue against Correct Craft spendinng labor and capital in support of old boats.

Perhaps we can discuss when I get home tonight.

BKH

Brian, The point that CC would have to spend ANY labor or capital is moot, we would do everything with no capital expense to anyone but those voluntarily buying shirts, with no labor except to the guy printing the shirts who will be compensated as well as a royalty paid to Correct Craft. Seems like a win/win to me.

Pauly and I have it sorted out so no one loses and no one has to put up a cent to get this done. All we need is a go from upstairs.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234 7>
  Share Topic