NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BROKE AN EAR OFF PROP

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 12:59am
Al - I didn't lap-in the prop hub & it came loose when I used reverse.

I though there was something wrong with the tranny.

You won't ruin the prop by not doing the lapping, but you might lose it in the lake.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 11:30am
I skip the prussian blue step. I think it's a good idea, but I just can't afford the stuff. It's a weekend's worth of gas just for an ounce.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
P71_CrownVic View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P71_CrownVic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2011 at 11:39pm
Wait...so power turns, (what is the definition of a "power turn" anyway...simply a sharp turn or one where the boat fish tails?), can cause a blade of the prop to fall off?

If that's true...then my only reaction is "Jesus H. Christmas"...*jaw drops*
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 9:25am
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

I skip the prussian blue step. I think it's a good idea, but I just can't afford the stuff. It's a weekend's worth of gas just for an ounce.

Craig,
It doesn't sound like you use very much gas. The High Spot Blue is only $4.84 for a .75 oz. tube at Mcmaster and they are high on their pricing!! These days, you're lucky to get a gallon of gas for that $4.84!!

Yes, it is optional as mentioned but it's really an interesting step because it shows how far off the taper is or isn't.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
C-Bass View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C-Bass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 10:56am
Maybe I was looking at a different quantity than what I thought. Yeah I definitely use more gas than that. Thanks for the reality check.

I just double checked...the price I saw ($80+) was for a case of 36 tubes. Oops.
Craig
67 SN
73 SN
99 Sport
85SN
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 12:32pm
Originally posted by C-Bass C-Bass wrote:

I just double checked...the price I saw ($80+) was for a case of 36 tubes. Oops.

You could always buy the whole case and go as a drive-shaft with an irregular taper for Halloween
mustang allie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mustang allie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 2:05pm
Thanks again for all the input. after a lashing i pulled it back off and followed the prop install lesson on ccf was very informative, thank you. just skipped the blue stuff but after the valve gringing compound i marked before taking off and it worked out after those steps we were balls on in the first place. now i have piece of mind knowing that it is done according to the elder statesman of ccf instructions thanks again. oh yeah she likes race fuel and it smells good, that probably is frowned on but why work 70 hours a week dealing with idiots if your not gonna massively enjoy your time away from the office life is too short thanks again for all the advise
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 2:14pm
Im not sure I would frown upon the race gas- Ive never heard of extra octane doing any damage. It also is probably ethanol free, so thats a bonus! Of course, with 8.5:1 compression, you'd get every last bit of the same performance from 89 octane though- so the race gas is probably a big waste of money in that regard.
Bri892001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bri892001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-19-2011 at 2:15pm
Good work on the prop re-install/re-check
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic