Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

acme 540 prop for sale

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 3:31am
Just a thought on posting items for sale on the site:

I posted a similar item and had quite a few responses. Every one made an offer and every one was below the price I clearly stated in my post. A few were actually rude. I wonder if those same people negotiate at the grocery store or the gas station, I doubt it.

Now, there is no crime in low-balling. In fact, I was taught to always say "Is that the best you can do?" when faced with a negotiation. And the times I have made low-ball offers, I had cash on hand at that moment and focused solely on price - how I got it home was my problem. So a low-ball offer combined with "you pay shipping and I want you to install it while I have a beer" doesn't work for me as a seller (btw CJ none of this applies to you, or bmiller for that matter).

With regard to posting here and then posting on ebay - every seller has their time frame. I posted my item here and have not posted it on ebay for several reasons. If a year from now a current or future member digs up my post and makes a reasonable offer, we will probably have a deal. If not I, or my grandkids, can always donate the item to some future CorrectCraft museum. That is my time frame.

As always, thank you for your time,

Mike

For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
CJ Bech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Bech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:28pm
I was just venting sorry
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 1:47pm
Jbear
Sorry, wasn't following this post.
If you were a splicer in Ohio, 99% chance you were in one or more of our manholes. If it was leaking, it wasn't ours. lol   We are in SE MI but ship to OH.
Your right, small world. Where in Ohio are you? We are heading to Grand Rapids, OH, Friday for a barefoot race. Racing from GRap to Nepoleon and back.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

69 Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 2:07pm
Hey CJ,

I wasn't aiming any of that at you. I guess I just wanted to vent as well. Doing deals can be frustrating on both ends at times.

Thanks,
Mike
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.

"Where the **** are we?" Amelia Earhart. July 2, 1937
CJ Bech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Bech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2007 at 2:41pm
no thats cool 69,i just wanted to try this acme prop540 to see what it will do on my boat,without buying new,contacted Delta,but havent herd back
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 2:10am
Rob; Sorry to hear you had to sell that cool lookin' boat.

Steve: Me and mrsjbear now live in central Florida. Retired 3 years ago after working outside right next to Lake Erie for 33 years. I was only in leaking manholes fixing cable failures so I am sure none of them were yours. Warm in them holes in the winter and cool in the summer and lots of money in them holes! Working the underground was not for everyone but it was good to me.

You watching or racing? Good luck if it is racing!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 11:28am
jbear
We're racing.
I've only done a few races, I'm not that good, but they are a riot. My oldest son can knock off some nice runs. You talk about a niche sport, this takes the cake.
Endurance racing is what lead to me to being on this site. The BFN is such a great boat to knock down the waves I had to have one. The boat I now own showed up at a race here in MI and the guy said the owner (borrowed boat) was selling. He told me the price and I said sold.
Couldn't be happier. Well I could if I was able to put it on the lake I live on, 90hp outboard limit.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-16-2007 at 11:42pm
Steve; Just went and looked at the pic of your boat again...gotta love a guy that has his boat out...with the fly-high up and snow on the ground.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-17-2007 at 11:12am
Hi John
That was the day I bought the boat. I know it doesn't make sense to buy a boat in the winter, but I had skied behind the boat in Sept and figured not much can change in two months. Bought the fly high for $170 from a neighbor, earmarked for my brother-in-laws Supra (Christmas present). Surprise, fit the Nautique perfectly. Bonus for me, bummer for the brother-in-law. I think he got a sweater.
Boy, was I chompin at the bit for spring.
Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-18-2007 at 3:10am
Well lets see....sweater or fly-high.....uhhhh to bad for the bro-in-law.

Have fun at your race and post the results and maybe a pic or two.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

mjess View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2007 at 9:55pm
Tribal
Do you still have the prop for sell or did some end buying it? I have 78 S.N. and would like to buy it Thanks
ski naut
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2007 at 1:18am
He sold that prop on e-bay a long time ago.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic