NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

N3 Winter Parts Round Up

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 12:43pm
Edit - Nevermind.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by Air206 Air206 wrote:

Originally posted by storm34 storm34 wrote:

Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

the 90 on that tandem!

Gotcha Hollywood......... Merry Christmas.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 1:03pm
Boy, if somebody ever comes up with a source for colored rub rail inserts they are going to retire early...
Previous: 1993 Electric Blue/Charcoal Ski Nautique
Current: 2016 Ski Nautique 200 Open Bow
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 2:47pm
Who was the original manufacturer of the rub rail? I am guessing the insert is 1/2" diameter.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 2:51pm
I have seen some folks use lengths of industrial silicone tubing which comes in various diameters, colors and thicknesses.... Seems as though the softer silicone would be an easier replacement material. Don't know how it holds up.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 2:56pm
Taco marine makes the inserts I have found out. They make black- white, and grey. Wonder if they would make the other colors ?
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 3:05pm
There has to be something out there that would work. I would like to do some research. I hate seeing boats that once had color have none after the rubrail is replaced.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 3:15pm
I'll look around for a source for you Zach. This way you can offer it to your customers
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 3:24pm
I could arrange this, work for a coatings manufacturer and am technical lead for automotive division which primarily develops coatings for rubber extrusion.
Colour matching would be no issue, but it probably wouldn't be cost affective unless you live in Europe!
'82 Ski Tique
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 3:42pm
Need to know if the insert is 3/8" or 1/2". Taco marine sells black 50' role for $39 I found. 1/2" is $90. Need to know diameter to find out some options for people. I did find the best way to clean one is with a mr clean magic eraser. They almost look like new when you are done.
gR@HaM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gR@HaM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 3:59pm
From what I remember depends on whether you have the original rail or not. I went for taco marine replacement rubrail and insert, got raped on import duty from US!!
If your looking to 'paint' the insert then best to check that it isn't already coated with a clear release agent as you could have problems with getting it to adhere. The same applies if looking to source silicone tube I would stick to EPDM
'82 Ski Tique
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by velde99 velde99 wrote:

Need to know if the insert is 3/8" or 1/2".

Pretty sure it was 5/8” on all the boats that came with colored rub rail inserts
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 4:29pm
Yes 5/8" is correct. Spoke with someone at correct craft. Also said taco marine was the company that made the rub rail. Did not know if they made insert. Gonna check with them next.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 4:42pm
If you painted a rubrail I imagine you would have greater problems getting it to not unadhere whenever you rubbed anything.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 4:49pm
So I just got off the phone with Taco marine. They did in fact make the rub rails and inserts. They told me that they would make any color you want! But the minimum order is 2000 ft. So that leaves Zach at N3 to start taking orders. Would only need to sell 40 boats of each color ordered. So hope that helps everyone if you want oem.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 5:41pm
40 boats sounds like a tall order, who knows?? On Blue looks like we have 2, only 38 to go

Thanks for the info, if it does materialize I would definitely be in for one boat (50') of Vapor Blue or Silver metallic if available.
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 5:53pm
Someone said you can use 16mm (outer diameter) silcone tubing. Blue is available in that size on eBay for under $4 a foot. Blue - Red - Yellow are also available. They have purple and pink too.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 11:11pm
I would be down for the red. How are you supposed to keep them original if you can't source them? Maybe we need to get our plastic expert,Dave Gwinn on this
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 11:29pm
Your ebay solution at $4 a foot x 50 feet is $200. That's some spendy rub rail inserts. What was the price of 2000 feet from Taco Marine? If we can get enough "blue guys" on here to get my cost down to $75 - $100 I'm in.
Got Tiques View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Got Tiques Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2013 at 11:31pm
Steve,

The yellow/black '90 on the yellow tandem is the boat we launched at Arrowhead Marina &RV Park, Glenville, NY 12302, 518 382-8966 (free advertisement) in September and the one you got pics of along side your Barefooter. I think you even got some shots on the trailer parked next to your boat. Post them if you can, but I'm thinking the 90 is due for an outing at the CT mini 2014!!

Todd

Zach, who is in line for the Wineberry rubrail insert. Sounds like Hollywood needs red, and I would use on my 04 ski to replace the factory installed black. Send me a PM with the length to fit an 04 Ski and a price if it is available.

Todd
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 12:09am
Guy said he would only work price out with a dealership- ie. N3
velde99 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote velde99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 12:19am
Also black inserts from taco for 50' range from $89-$115- that without being customized. Those obviously are retail prices. Maybe if enough people prepay- Zach could do the project a little
Over cost. I need yellow- so I am guessing that will be tough to find 40 takers.
KRoundy View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRoundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 2:07pm
Bummer. Zach - let us know if something works out. Any other ideas out there?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 3:07pm
Figure out a way to market these to other manufacturers with the same rub rail.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-19-2013 at 4:21pm
"other manufacturers" don't care like we do haha. I will be fresh after our week and a half vacation so we can get the wheels turning on a lot of things.
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 11:47am
Ok so Here goes nothing.

Alright, the first two lenses I believe to be for the mid-late 60s bow lights.

The second one with the clear pieces I believe to be the lenses for the earlier-mid 60s rear all around light.

The bullet bow lights I have no clue

The other clear one is oddly shaped and I am not sure what it fits

The large ones I believe to fit the early large bow light (could be wrong)

The last ones are weird and I am also not sure what they fit

The quantities of the mid 60s are plenty. All of the others I just have a few.

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 2:21pm
Found some NOS mid-late 60s gauges. They are identical to what came out of our Skylark other than having orange pointers instead of white. Great original un used shape. I think I have enough to make 2 full sets of 4 IE(water temp, fuel, oil, volts).

storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 2:29pm

phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 3:29pm
Was waiting on that haha.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2014 at 3:50pm
So we are offering up first born sons right off the bat? I was thinking we could start the bidding slightly lower, and that only after better pictures would the bidding go that high.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic