NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Deposit on another 86

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
Author
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 10:47am
Eric, did Hollywood assign your boat registration numbers?
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by wakeboardin2k4 wakeboardin2k4 wrote:

With standards of tge caliber i hope youre willing to compensate me for travel expenses

Got this from my kids for father's day. So far I have 19 cents. Got a ways to go.
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-12-2011 at 6:57pm
I have one like that Larry, I through all the loose change I have in my pocket as i enter home..some times only cents, some times $2, $5 o $10 bills....
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
wakeboardin2k4 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2011 at 3:33pm
Well the boat is coming back to NJ, buyer could not come through. Not upset, looking forward to the rest of the summer with the boat!
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2011 at 12:28pm
Ken I saw in the GL thread you're looking to upgrade.

New 200 coming your way?
"I'm planning to bring my girl that rides on a trailer with me and leave my girl that complains about camping at home"
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2011 at 2:53pm
Yes, working on a game plan, Eric. Love the '86 but I've been too spoiled with the newer hull wakes and EI. Not quite there just yet, but closer. Someday, you will just see a new avatar pop up. Won't pull the trigger on the 200. Too wide for the tunnel at Cochituate, as some of you already know. Minimally TSC1 but toying with the TSC3 and keeping it for the next 10+ years. I only do about 20 hours a year.

Enjoy your 2001, Eric. Put her on the market early spring and see what happens.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2011 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Nautique2001 Nautique2001 wrote:

Yes, working on a game plan, Eric. Love the '86 but I've been too spoiled with the newer hull wakes and EI. Not quite there just yet, but closer. Someday, you will just see a new avatar pop up. Won't pull the trigger on the 200. Too wide for the tunnel at Cochituate, as some of you already know. Minimally TSC1 but toying with the TSC3 and keeping it for the next 10+ years. I only do about 20 hours a year.

Enjoy your 2001, Eric. Put her on the market early spring and see what happens.

Make sense that the 200 is too wide for that bridge. I know youre more well versed on the ski wakes than I am but after skiing behind the crush I can't imagine most skiers would need more than what that hull can provide and at this point their priced very fairly.

You have surely earned an upgrade after all the time, money, and passion you have put into your 86. Hopefully you will be able to reclaim some of your investment.

I talked to a guy this week while on vacation in south carolina who went through the same thing you did. This guy purchased the boat from his brother in laws brother in law type thing. Well sure enough within a month of owning the boat the motor went, then the trans went on them.

They have fixed the issues with it but have lost faith in the boat. I steered the guy towards this site as he needs to do stringers too. I feel bad for the guy. He doesn't have the same faith in the brand that we all do, my point is I'm glad even after the crap your 86 put you through at first Ken that your still as strong in your CC roots as ever!

Heres a picture of his boat. It should look familiar Ken It was a quick last second iphone pic.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2011 at 8:08pm
Ken check this one out over on the "other" nautique site

http://www.planetnautique.com/vb3/showthread.php?20731-Thinking-of-selling-08-196LE

whats your email ken so if I come across a good deal on a TSC1-3 so I can just email you instead of posting stuff on here about it
NAUTIQUEjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTIQUEjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2011 at 12:06am
Ahh, this must be wetsanding month wakeboardin2k4 luv your color scheme i got a deal similar to yours end of last season.
1977 MasterCraft Stars&Stripes
1994 Ski Nautique
2000 Super Air Nautique
1986 Ski Nautique 2001
1999 Sport Nautique gt40 current

bbishop1974 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 2:22am
eric,the boat came out great!love the color scheme.i have that silver nautique thats on your dream list waiting for a restoration.interested in a deal?i sent tim a bunch of pics,it's rough.talk to him first if your interested.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2011 at 4:53am
Originally posted by bbishop1974 bbishop1974 wrote:

eric,the boat came out great!love the color scheme.i have that silver nautique thats on your dream list waiting for a restoration.interested in a deal?i sent tim a bunch of pics,it's rough.talk to him first if your interested.

I appreciate the idea and the offer, unfortunately my 68 barracuda is enough of a project to keep me entertained for a while. If you sell the silver and are interested in my 86 I'd be happy to discuss the sale of it and make you a very fair price on it.

If this were 10 years from now and I had my own shop and didn't live at home (I'm 23) I'd be far more inclined to take part in a trade and the project of that 86 but at this point in my life , and many of the guys that were at the CT mini reunion can attest to this as they heard my discussion with my old lady of my 68 purchase, that my 68 project is the most that my girlfriend will allow for project boats around the home.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:24am
i completely understand ,my current home renovation is keeping me from the restoration,that project is so big my girlfriend left me!enjoy that 86.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:27am
You don't have to disclose the actual number which you paid for the silver Nautique, but for the amount of work you will have to put into the boat do you think you got a fair deal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:32am
oh yeah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:34am
i knew what i was getting myself into with regards to the boat.the house is a different story
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:38am
Ya I understand making the home renovation the main priority. At least you did well in purchasing the boat initially.

Are you going to bring the silver to the NE reunion?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbishop1974 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 12:45am
not looking good on free time.one side of my house is open,my bedroom wall is a tarp!living like this for a month,its how i can afford to live on a lake.still worth it!
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 1:53am
wakeboarding2k4 ,
where in SC did you vacation? I spend my time on Clarks Hill (Lake Thurmond to all the newbies). If you are around next year, maybe you can show me how to wetsand.......but I am a slow learner!!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakeboardin2k4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2011 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by emccallum emccallum wrote:

wakeboarding2k4 ,
where in SC did you vacation? I spend my time on Clarks Hill (Lake Thurmond to all the newbies). If you are around next year, maybe you can show me how to wetsand.......but I am a slow learner!!

We stayed on the south end of lake Keowee which according to google maps isn't that far from you. We will most likely be back next year and I'd be happy to give you a run through on wetsanding. Thankfully it's a pretty simple yet time consuming skill but there are a few tips an tricks that help get the right finish.
emccallum View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emccallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-25-2011 at 1:20am
i have never been to Keowee, but I understand it is a great lake. Just finished up a long weekend of pulling kids. Made some memories. Shoot me a note next year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 234
  Share Topic