NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Yucatan Yellow Correct Craft??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
Author
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 2:27am
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Originally posted by reidp reidp wrote:

Can you post the Freeport pict beside the color chart as well.

Which color Freeport are you referring to? Theres none in the '66 brochure and no turquoise Freeports that I could find in any of them.

First look back again at the "66 Brochure", then "Exciting Line of Correct Crafts (3)", then bottom of page, then new eye glasses. If there was a hot 20 yr old in a turquoise two piece, I guarantee you'd have seen it the first time. Anyway, it looks blue-er there. But if there's anything I like as much or more than blue, it's orange, and esp when a woman's buying!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 7:24am
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Pete,
Is your friends cuda Tangerine with a white deck? What color is his interior? Any pics?

And, Im not sure which way to go, between paint and gel yet, lots of homework to do before final decision... but I'm actually kinda leaning towards the gel as of now. ... Either way a paint sample is a good way to start.

GO ORANGE!!!!     (i think)

It does have the white deck. It is I believe a 69 or 70 and is not the SS. I don't remember ever seeing any SS's sold by our dealer up there, Watercraft Sales. The interior is that real light beige with the same color piping. I'll see if I can get into their boathouse when I'm up north next which won't be until Christmas. I don't think the style of the interior will be exactly the same as the 66. I think the 66 would of had just the padded upholstered side panels (hardboard inside) without the fake trapizoid side pockets that may have been added in 68. The floor and the base (as in shoe) would have been the same. The actual seats in the 66 were plain white I beleive.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 1:00pm
Pete,
It sounds a lot like the one I posted on the first page of this topic?

I like it, but I dont think the beige interior is for me... If I did a white deck, I think an orange interior with white piping/accents? .... or maybe white interior,orange piping and orange engine cover?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 3:45pm

.. or maybe white interior,orange piping and orange engine cover?

You mean something like this. I really like this one.

(Last years New England Best of Show)

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 3:50pm
I'll bet Pam likes Dreamsikles!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:22pm
Yeah Larry,
I kinda like all one color hull with the white interior...

With a white deck ,I think I would want more orange in the interior,with white piping / accents. Could be hard to match "oranges"?

Pete, Whats a dreamsikle?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:29pm

Pete, Whats a dreamsikle?

Just a little play on words, the orange mustang is referred to as "creamsicle" in the diaries.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:45pm

"So what's the difference between a Creamsicle and a Dreamsicle?

The sherbet-like shell of the Creamsicle is identical to that of the Dreamsicle, but the payoff inside is ice cream in the former, ice milk in the latter. The difference in price, last time I checked, was about a nickel."
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:51pm
HW good one ...is that Tangerine?
I didnt know he ha a CC?! did it have a white deck?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:52pm
Sometimes the depth and breadth of knowledge on this site is simply beyond comprehension
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Sometimes the depth and breadth of knowledge on this site is simply beyond comprehension

and I just wanted to see a yellow boat!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 5:01pm
62, my friend with the Wildcat called last night to tell me that the paint can is at a boat shop that is doing fiberglass work to the wildcat. I'm trying to contact the shop to get the brand/code. Hopefully, it's on the can.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 7:03pm
Wow HW, You sure came up with a good explanation for my stupid mistake! I did mean Creamsicle! I'm however glad to here that there is a Dreamsicle imitation of a Creamsicle!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2007 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

I did mean Creamsicle!

Ok here it is then.

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 12:52am
[QUOTE=Riley] 62, my friend with the Wildcat called last night to tell me that the paint can is at a boat shop that is doing fiberglass work to the wildcat. I'm trying to contact the shop to get the brand/code. Hopefully, it's on the can.[/QUOTE

Thanks again for all your help! There's not a big rush on getting the info, so whenever it works is cool!... now , I have a cravi'n for ice cream for some reason....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 6:28pm
Steve,

I just spoke with the guy at the FG repair shop. He is interested in finding more paint, so if you have any luck, let me know.

What the can reads:

Nason Full-Thane
2K urathane
6282IB
Car/National/Fleet
Red

No paint code.
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2007 at 7:27pm
Bruce,
I just checked with the place I get some of my auto paint from. According to them,Nason is DuPont's economy line of paint. He couldnt come up with any reference to that number in his computer tho.

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <123
  Share Topic