Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

"Correct Craft" Shifter Knobs

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 13>
Author
YooperSully View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YooperSully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-13-2010 at 5:23pm
I like the black, maybe next year...
87' 2001
cudas51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cudas51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-16-2010 at 11:17pm
BJ; I sent a M/O out today for a Light Blue one. Thanks for making these available. The Gold one I got a couple of weeks ago looks great. cudas51
Sephmu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sephmu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 4:28pm
Anyone know if these are gonna be the same bore as my 97?? I know they're not "era-correct" for my boat, but a black or white one sure would look good if I'm replacing my old cracked one anyway. Sure I could make it fit if it's different regardless....man these are sweet!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 5:19pm
Seph,
If your throttle assembly is "Morse" the thread is the same as the shifters knobs. The thread size is 3/8 X 24.
bj
hasbeenskier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2010 at 6:21pm
BJ... The knob looks awesome on the Ski Tique!

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 11:26am
Chris,
I am actually disappointed in the picture. I put each knob on a shift lever before placing the medallion on in an effort to get the Correct craft script to face the stern.
bj
hasbeenskier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 11:39am
Chris you might wanna try some teflon thread tape, it may just do the trick?
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Morfoot Morfoot wrote:

Chris you might wanna try some teflon thread tape, it may just do the trick?

BJ...be dissapointed with the picture quality, not the knob, I just put it on quick to snap a picture and get a taste of what it will look like this spring. No way in H*ll I was going to leave it on with workers around the shop.

Great thought Tim, I was thinking the same thing but needed someone to confirm that would work. I'll see if I can get to it this week
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 2:48pm
Chris,
The solution is a 3/8 X 24 JAM NUT to use as a locking nut. It may be hard to find.
bj
hasbeenskier
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 2:52pm
Ahhh! Great Idea BJ! Makes complete sense!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 8:52pm
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day!
bj
hasbeenskier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 9:15pm
BJ, I wouldnt spend too much time aligning the medallions. I suspect the threads on the Morse side arent going to be very consistent from throttle to throttle. Mine doesnt face rearwards either- but it still looks great!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 10:21pm
Tim,
Roger, I copy. I will look into buying a quantity of S.S. jam nuts. If they aren't to pricy I could include one with each knob.
By the way months ago you inquired what kind of grinder disks I use and I have been remiss in responding, but I never forgot about it. Well there is a picture. They come in different sizes and grits and they can't be beat.
bj
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 10:28pm
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2010 at 10:29pm
hasbeenskier
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 12:45am
BJ, I wouldnt worry about the jam nuts either- but then again, thats just me! Id rather have the medallion misaligned than to see a nut poking out the underside of the knob.

Good deal on the discs- where did you get them? On Joe's recommendation I bought a bunch of 24 grit flap discs from harbor freight and they worked great... though they didnt last all that long. Looks like you used a few different styles?
Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 10:17am
Could you put a drop of red loctite on the thread to keep the knob indexed where you want it ?
- waterdog -

78 Ski Tique

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-19-2010 at 11:38am
That is a good idea. The jam nuts I was refering to are very flat and would not show. I just think they will be hard to find and costly. AAANNNDDD no one has complained but ME.
bj
hasbeenskier
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2010 at 1:18am
BJ,

It was a pleasure getting to meet you at the SJRR and the Blue Knob that I purchased from you looks great !!!

Donald
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2010 at 11:19pm
BJ,

I missed out on the River Run. I was just checking to confirm recepit of received payment for yellow shifter know. I belive I sent payment a while back (End of Jan). Did you receive payment yet? Also have you completed the next production run of yellow shifter knobs. Please advise if you did not receive my USPS money order.

Thanks,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
89Ski_Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 89Ski_Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2010 at 12:57am
BJ,

I guess my previous post was premature, look what arrived today.... It looks great, thanks!! To all CCF Fan members wonder if they should purchase one, I highly recommend you order one today.

Thanks again,
Randy
1989 Ski Nautique
Former Boats:
1988 Dominique
1993 Ski Nautique
cudas51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cudas51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 12:03am
BJ; Have you got an update or any news since we talked on the phone about my shifter knobs? john
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2010 at 10:52pm
Good talking with you today John. They are going out Saturday Express mail
Thanks again
bj
hasbeenskier
cudas51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cudas51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2010 at 2:03pm
BJ, The knobs arrived. They look great. Thanks for everything. john
Bremsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bremsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2010 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

Chris,
The solution is a 3/8 X 24 JAM NUT to use as a locking nut. It may be hard to find.
bj

3/8-24 s/s jam nuts

Nice knobs too, wish I hadn't already bought the skidim one.
Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 3:23pm
Hey BJ,
I am wanting to get one of the knobs from you. Do you still have the white and black knobs left? Also I sent you a certified check for the stainless ski nautique emblem...did you get it yet?
~Bailey
Bailey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bailey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 3:27pm
BJ,
Do you have any of the black and white shifter knobs still available? If so I will get one from you. Also I sent you a certified check for the Ski Nautique stainless emblem. Did you get it yet?

thanks, Bailey
~Bailey
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2010 at 9:53pm
Barrett... The Ski Nautique emblem was mailed PRIORITY MAIL 4/14/10
You should have had it already. call me 727-612-4772
BJ
hasbeenskier
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-20-2010 at 10:14am
Barrett,
Good chatting with you. Good to here your dash emblem arrived. Let me know when you want a shifter knob.
bj
hasbeenskier
TX Foilhead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TX Foilhead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2010 at 11:33pm
BJ,

I was curious what kind of wood you used for these, I'm thinking a matching wood steering wheel would make the boat look real good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 13>
  Share Topic