Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

looking for a transmission for 87 nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 15>
Author
nautiquechick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 12:54pm
Hey Eric,

I thought about asking you if I could just bring the whole boat to you if "my friend" wasn't going to come through for me. I understand it is his busy season but a promise is a promise. or so I thought. I can not even get a response out of him saying what day he might do it I told him I really needed it done and in the water by mid June I thought that was resonable but no answer to that either so I do not know what to do. Again a promise is a promise right??????
nautiquechick
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:09pm
Jessica,
I don't remember seeing anyone mentioning a dampner plate yet. With the trans pulled, it's the perfect time to get a new one in there. Don't worry, they are only about $100 and well worth it. With a bad or weak dampner, you could damage the trans. You don't want to do that to the rebuild.

The dampner is a spring loaded coupling between the engine and the trans. It's there specifically to protect the trans from vibration and shock damage. With weak or broken springs in it, it no longer serves that purpose.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
OverMyHead View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by nautiquechick nautiquechick wrote:

Hey Eric,

Again a promise is a promise right??????

If its on paper, its a contract. If its verbal its some words to make you feel better and the promiser can follow through or not. Failure to return phone calls indicates not. Bummer, but move on, find a friend that can turn a wrench and have them read instructions from someone at this site. you will need to undo the drive shaft,nuetral safty switch wires,tranny, shift linkage and disconnect the tranny cooler. and probably drain the fluid prior to shipping. Someone can give you step by step instruction when you have found a willing helper.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:26pm
Thanks, I will do that what ever anyone suggests with in reason. Agian I don't have alot to work with. And oh boy can't not even imagine the price of gas this summer on the lake. Lake prices are so much more then at the reg. pump and I was told not to use gas from a reg. pump is this true or can I save some money and put put the car grade gas into the boat.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Originally posted by nautiquechick nautiquechick wrote:

Hey Eric,

Again a promise is a promise right??????

If its on paper, its a contract. If its verbal its some words to make you feel better and the promiser can follow through or not. Failure to return phone calls indicates not. Bummer, but move on, find a friend that can turn a wrench and have them read instructions from someone at this site. you will need to undo the drive shaft,nuetral safty switch wires,tranny, shift linkage and disconnect the tranny cooler. and probably drain the fluid prior to shipping. Someone can give you step by step instruction when you have found a willing helper.

Yeah I know I know Big time bummer.   
nautiquechick
SN206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:31pm
I think what they are refering to is ethonal /nonethanol fuel, you want the later and can sometimes find it at certain gas stations.
...those who have fallen and those who will.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:37pm
Thanks for that info also so nonethanol from a reg gas stion is fine???
nautiquechick
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

I think what they are refering to is ethonal /nonethanol fuel, you want the later and can sometimes find it at certain gas stations.

Our older boats were not designed for ethanol use and it will eat up seals, hoses and such. You will have to search but if you ask at a few local gas stations someone will know where the is supply of non-ethenol (sometimes called non- oxygenated fuel) it is used in collectors cars, and small engines. I just replaced a 4 year old carburator on my lawn boy due to ethanol fuel. I am only using the non ethanol now for the mower and boat. The supply I found is a mid grade(higer octane) but about .30 cents a gallon more than regular. You will probably pay.50 cents or more eztra on the lake. Get a few 5 gallon gas cans and bring it in or trailer the boat to the station. I have to drive past 3 stations at 17 miles to the gallon to get it. That must help the environment.
For thousands of years men have felt the irresistible urge to go to sea, and many of them died. Things got better after they invented boats.
1987 Ski Nautique

behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by OverMyHead OverMyHead wrote:

Originally posted by SN206 SN206 wrote:

Our older boats were not designed for ethanol use and it will eat up seals, hoses and such. You will have to search but if you ask at a few local gas stations someone will know where the is supply of non-ethenol (sometimes called non- oxygenated fuel) it is used in collectors cars, and small engines. I just replaced a 4 year old carburator on my lawn boy due to ethanol fuel. I am only using the non ethanol now for the mower and boat. The supply I found is a mid grade(higer octane) but about .30 cents a gallon more than regular. You will probably pay.50 cents or more eztra on the lake. Get a few 5 gallon gas cans and bring it in or trailer the boat to the station. I have to drive past 3 stations at 17 miles to the gallon to get it. That must help the environment.

I think most ethanol problems are with boats that sit and are never ran.

Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:48pm
I do have the gas cans when the boat started running funny they told me it may be the gas. Only use the gas on the lake. but that gets expensive everytime you fill the boat up on the lake so I really want to save when and where I can. We are right on the lake It seems to me those gas station should carry this gas. I will check it out next time I am up there. Thanks.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:52pm
Unfotunately it was not the gas that was the problem it was the nice expensive transmission lucky me...
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 1:58pm
My heart just skipped a beat. Eric HELP ME what do I do????
nautiquechick
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:07pm
give me a little time I'll come up with something,
anyone in the area or know someone that could pull the trans? that was meant for the guy's on the site, I'll donate the damper and do the trans for what we discussed, I'll call it the re-seal price..

All we need now is someone to pull it, any takers?
"the things you own will start to own you"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:16pm
The Boat is sitting at the house at deep creek lake, Md I do not know why My "guy" won't even respond to me. Again he promised we are supposed to be friends. I just don't get it. Eric it is so nice to know there are still careing people out there that will help those of us out that do not have much to work with you make my heart smile and give me hope that you nice guys still exsist...Thank you for that
nautiquechick
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:17pm
I don't know how to reach him privately, and I am wary of putting this out in public because I don't want it to become a lynching.

Corey Cluster lives in Maryland. He's been looking for a chance to show everyone he's a good guy at heart. I don't know if he has the knowledge, ability, or time to pull the tranny out. If he does, it would be a heck of a nice thing to do, and would definitely show a lot of people that he is part of "the community."

Again, I don't want this to become a lynching. If he doesn't, can't or won't take the transmission out, I don't want to make him out to be the bad guy. This isn't his problem, but it would be a nice chance to help if he is able. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:23pm
No one is holding anyones feet to the fire and you are absolutely right this is not his problem nor is it anyone elses but mine. I appreciate any help that I can get.There will be no lynching from me or anyone else if he is willing or able to help me that is great if not again that is not his problem and I totaly understand that.
nautiquechick
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:31pm
Who does any auto repair for you or friends? / do any of them "moonlight"?

Any mechanic with basic skills should be able to do this...pulling the tranny, as they say "aint rocket science"..
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:43pm
Brian, that's a really great idea, I know if Jessica was here in Chicago she would have 10+ guy's around her boat lending a hand.

Jessica, maybe starting a new thread "Help pulling a Transmission in Maryland", may catch more attention. Getting it out is one thing, putting it back and getting it aligned is another.

BTW, what happened to the 8x10's Eric ordered??

PS, here is Cori's email address: coricluster@gmail.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:51pm
I have some 8x10's but I think I'd get kicked off here if I posted them lol
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 2:54pm
Yeah well if I can't get it out without help I'll need help getting it back in also I have not totaly given up on my "friend" yet
nautiquechick
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 5:24pm
we hav'nt gave up on the 8x10's either, im sure we'll get you fixed up shortly, put up a post under general discussion like Quinner suggests, by a case of nasty lite and they will come
"the things you own will start to own you"
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 6:51pm
just came out reading all 5 pages!!! LOL interesting post..and yet no pictures!!!
you sure can do better than that tiny one you posted...
BTW welcome here.
kapla aka "the picture man"
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 6:59pm
Mannnnnn, My therapist was just getting me over Kristof's bathtub picture....
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:11pm

ok maybe this one is a little better I am always the one behind the camera not in front of it. The last pic I tried to make bigger and it got blury.
nautiquechick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautiquechick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:35pm
why can't I just copy and paste a picture I don't understand
nautiquechick
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:47pm
Im all better now...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by 62 wood 62 wood wrote:

Im all better now...

sorry for the trauma I may have caused you
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 7:55pm
The hard part is done. It'll take less time to find someone to get that transmission out than it took you to figure out how to post that picture.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 10:03pm
So....

I gotta ask....

Where is Mr. Nautiquechick when this tranny needs removed??

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OverMyHead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-11-2010 at 10:45pm
Maybe he could not handle being known as Mr. Nautique chick.
1987 Ski Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 15>
  Share Topic