Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New England CorrectCraftfan.com Reunion!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 22>
Author
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2006 at 5:11am
Boys - you're right, this site is the best!
I'm amazed at how this N.E. group just seemed to pop-up out of nowhere.
Would love to see some sort of list (Maybe better profile info) of exactly who everyone is. Maybe something like:Screen name, real name, boat, lake, approx age.

Hey - 75Tique(Larry)& Nautique2001(Ken),
Not sure exactly where you guys are at, but if we're close enough, it'd be great to try and get a few guys together for a weekly afterwork ski
My ski time dwindled to once or twice a year the past few years & I'd love to change that. I may be gettin old, but I hope never to old to ski! Banana Man is my hero!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2006 at 6:22am
My boat is kept in Natick, however, I live in Upton off Rt 495. I'm all for getting together mornings, nights or weekends through out the summer. I need a driver because my wife won't take the wheel. She just watches. Anyway, we should plan on meeting in the spring. Even if us locals get together and chat over dinner and some beers. By the time our reunion comes in August, I imagine we'll all know each other.

Counting the days to spring!

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2006 at 2:32pm
We've got a couple more additional events for our reunion in August. Craig made a great suggestion regarding giving back to the community. During our Correct Craft land event, we'll attract the locals to come and participate. We want to get kids involved too. We're going to rent a dunking tank and use that to generate money for charity. We'd like to alert the local newspaper about our reunion and charity event. I hope this alerts other local CC owners that aren't in the CCF community. The more boats, the better. Also, here's a great incentive that Craig came up with.

"anyone that sinks Fred would get a NECC gift certificate for 10% off in the store or towards service".

Fred is NECC's service department manager. I don't think he'll wear a speedo, but that's OK.

I'm going to work on contacting the town hall to get a list of charities. As time gets closer, I'll contact the local newspaper and see if they'll do a write-up.

I'm going to personally donate money towards our event. We'll have our official registration very soon. Keith, let me know when you're ready.

Thanks,

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2006 at 4:13pm
Pretty cool design for our tee shirts. Thank you Alan - 81Nautique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2006 at 5:21pm
I'm working on a hotel for those of you staying Saturday night. The link below is the closest hotel to NECC, approx 2 miles. The current rate is $119.00 per night. Depending on how many people are staying overnight, we can probably lock in a lower rate now. AAA members might get a lower rate too. It's early into our planning stage, but I'd like to get an idea of how many of you are staying overnight Saturday. At least I can block-off some rooms now. I'll be there.

http://anchorageinns.com/rochester/index.html
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2006 at 6:43pm
    Has anyone confirmed a lake to go onto after the reunion yet? Does Keith still want me to see about Mousam lake? The reason why I ask is because I talked to one of the board of directors of the lake association, and he didnt see any reason why we couldnt use the beach. This was a complete reversal on what I was told. Would Keith be interested in me going further with this and see if it can happen, or are we all set???? Well, March is here and we have only about 6 months to wait!!! I wont get much sleep between now and then!!
                      Jeff....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 7:55am
Jeff,

Looks like we're going to Milton, NH. It's about 10 miles from Rochester. It's a pretty good size lake with a beach, picnic tables, grills, facilities, etc. Looks like our destination!

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2006 at 6:59pm
   Ken, sounds good, that isnt far from us and actually on the way back to Mousam from NECC so that will work out great for me!
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2006 at 7:52am
Great. I'm going to launch my boat in Milton, NH in April. I'll take some pictures and post them.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2006 at 8:25pm
    Its funny you say that because the 74 M17 was on that lake as a demo as my Grandfather bought it new from Rays Marina. Im assuming we are talking about the same place. Milton 3 ponds I beleive. As close as it is, Im not highly familiar with that area...
                             Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2006 at 7:13am
Yes, Ray's Marina is on that lake. Milton Three Ponds is the official name. I don't know where Milton beach is from there. I've seen people skiing by Ray's. Looks very nice.
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2006 at 6:10pm
   The town beach is located just a little past Ray's Marina.There is a launch at the beach,but not sure if there are any others.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2006 at 6:19pm
I think I remember where that is. If I recall, isnt it next to where the railroad tracks cross??
Is there anyone thats familiar with the lake??? I remember some friends saying there are some tough spots. Is this true?? It would be nice if someone was there who knew the lake inside and out...
                           Jeff....
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2006 at 7:37pm
     I have only been there once,so I can't be of much help.I know that the depth changes quite frequently and there are some shallow spots,but I think you're ok if you stay out of the coves.I'm pretty sure half the lake is in Maine & half is in N.H.,Don't know if you need Maine's lake protection stickers to be legal or not.I never bothered to check cause I have them anyway.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2006 at 7:41pm
    Oh yeah, we here most call them the "weed sticker". Dont mind paying a little so long as it goes where its supposed to go!!
                             Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 7:48am
I can call the folks at NECC or Ray's to find out if there are any specific areas to stay away from. I'm sure I'll try this lake out several times before our rally. I can get a better idea of the lay-out and conditions.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 9:25am
Spring is getting closer, my friends. We should plan on meeting somewhere for food and beverages to get to know each other. We can find the most central location to everyone. When I was active in the Three Seasons Ski Club, we had a dinner to kick off the season. No need to wait until August. We should do something next month.

If somebody is a great skier or rider, I'd like to learn how to improve. I'm average at best. Plus, I lack drivers. I have plenty of spotters.

Ken
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 10:32am
Looking at the map, looks like Framingham, Sudbury, Concord are towns smack in the middle of most of us. Framingham can be accessed via Mass Pike, Route 128, Route 495 and Route 9. John Harvard's Brewery is a decent place and it's directly off of the Mass Pike in Framingham. Let me know what you guys think.

Ken
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 12:29pm
I think that its a great idea to meet up this spring. Location isnt all that important to me since Im pretty central to everyone (live in Medford/work in Andover).

Ken, if you need more drivers, I wouldnt mind meeting up to give you a pull this summer. My boat is in CT, so I wouldnt otherwise do any skiing during the work week.

-Tim
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 2:58pm
Sounds good, Tim. I'm looking forward to an active summer with skiing and boarding. We can discuss over a beer.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 4:39pm
The first couple of rounds are on me.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-09-2006 at 7:14pm
    That sounds like a good time as well! It will be difficult to get away right now as we are going crazy with some large projects. Hopefully, things will slow down an a month or two.

Am I going to need a taxi to drive me home??

Ken and whoever, my neighbor, a friend (trick skier) and I usually get a few runs in the early AM when its glass. Anyone who wants to join in some weekend would be great!

Jeff....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 7:40am
Jeff, no problem. I want to give everyone an open invitation to dinner sometime in late April or May.

A taxi is OK, a stretcher we'll avoid.

This is what I'm talking about when I say that this is going to be a great summer. It will be great to ski and board with others.

Ken
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 2:45pm
Hey Ken,

I might be the closest to you... I live in Blackstone and work in Framingham. (Boat is in Maine though...)

Assuming what ever date is decided on works for me, count me in for a meeting.

I was just thinking we should call ourselves something. I was thinking NECCO - New England Correct Craft Owners (Original, I know.), but then I figured we'd run into trouble with the New England Confectionery Company - maker of NECCO waffers! LOL!

Kyle
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-10-2006 at 4:31pm
Did someone say beer!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-11-2006 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Jeff: Get that guy to post pics, now that you are an expert! Gotta see this bright orange Mustang.

john

Its in the diaries now, doesnt she shine!!
                             Jeff...
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2006 at 10:31am
We could also be NECCOA, Northeast Correct Craft Owners Association. We can't forget our friend Joe from NY.

How about we discuss it over some drinks and appetizers. Again, the first two rounds of beer are on me!

I think http://www.johnharvards.com/ will be the place to go. Again, Framingham looks central to the majority of us. We should plan on end of April.

Ken
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2006 at 6:00pm
    Just out of curiosity, what happens if the day of the reunion we get all day rain or thunderstorms?? Raindate?? Enjoy regardless?? I know its a risk to take and didnt want to bring up a negative thing but its stuck in my head.
                                 Jeff....
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2006 at 8:59pm
All,
Briefly spoke with Craig from NECC last week. I was on the West coast, travel for work, and didn't have time to talk to him about details. I hope to speak with him tomorrow and have the registration page up this week.

Count me in for John Harvard's. I work right in Framingham and could easily make it over for lunch or dinner.

We'll think more about the rain as we get a little closer. I assume that unless there is torrential downpour we'd battle through.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2006 at 7:55am
Keith,

Here's what we've established:

August 5, Saturday - Event at NECC
Start around 10:00AM. Craig will put up a sign and ballons at the entrance. We'll have events. Some are TBD. Craig will work on getting some vendors for his ski equipment. Food will be cooked and provided by a person Craig knows. Craig also mentioned having somebody appear and discuss engines and engine repair/tune ups. Also, we discussed renting a dunk tank for charity. We'd like events that kids can get involved with. Craig will also call Correct Craft for prizes and give-aways. Wrap up time TBD.

Later that day, we all drive to Milton Town Beach and launch.

August 6, Sunday - All day boating at Milton Town Beach (Milton Three Ponds). Skiing, boarding, cruising, etc. We can cook on the beach.

Closest hotel is:

http://anchorageinns.com/rochester/index.html

Again it's $119.00 per night, but if I can start getting commitments now, we might be able to block several rooms and get a better rate.

Ken

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic