NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St Johns, FL River

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 22>
Author
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 2:59am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Next year I get an extra week vacation, I think I know how I'm going to spend it! Trailer down the weekend before, ski a few days, then meet up on this river. Have fun guys!

Thank goodness we don't have to wait till next year...we'll see you and Carolyn next weekend!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 3:02am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Have you noticed it has taken many fewer posts to make this fairly significant interstate event happen than it takes to get 4 or 5 guys together for a beer in chicago? I wouldn't want to be at that table at the end of the evening. If it takes that much effort for those old ladies to plan the event can you imagine what its like watching them try to figure out how to divy up the bill fairly?

Maybe they'll just have Pete get the tab!

Sure wish you could make it Larry...you would not be sorry!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 3:10am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Have you noticed it has taken many fewer posts to make this fairly significant interstate event happen than it takes to get 4 or 5 guys together for a beer in chicago? I wouldn't want to be at that table at the end of the evening. If it takes that much effort for those old ladies to plan the event can you imagine what its like watching them try to figure out how to divy up the bill fairly?

Which one is Brainard, I've always wondered what he looked like?!?

Pete is the one with PJB embroidered on his cuffs!

Sorry Pete...could not resist.

Adam: Is this not gonna be too cool? Ever think that when you met up with us last year for this day that it would turn into this?

john

"Loud pipes save lives"

hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 11:11am
You guys seem pumped up. I am pleased to see the excitment in the river run. It is a beautiful area. I call it "The Old Florida". The weather was so nice for the event last year I am afraid to throw my hat in. If I did it would be cold and rainy all weekend long. Maybe if I just penciled in my name it would not put a hex on the event. I would dive on a grenade to protect you guys.
bj
hasbeenskier
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 11:41am
Originally posted by hasbeenskier hasbeenskier wrote:

You guys seem pumped up. I am pleased to see the excitment in the river run. It is a beautiful area. I call it "The Old Florida". The weather was so nice for the event last year I am afraid to throw my hat in. If I did it would be cold and rainy all weekend long. Maybe if I just penciled in my name it would not put a hex on the event. I would dive on a grenade to protect you guys.
bj

God, you are so right about the weather last year. I just can't imagine a lake as big as that could ever be that glass calm again. It was incredible.
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-16-2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by backfoot100 backfoot100 wrote:

God, you are so right about the weather last year. I just can't imagine a lake as big as that could ever be that glass calm again. It was incredible.

You mean it's not always like that? At Green Lake the water is always perfect
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 3:18am
You mean last year was "perfect"...man you need to join us down here for a visit Gary.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 4:06am
so how maney Boats do we have coming this year so far?
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

You mean last year was "perfect"...man you need to join us down here for a visit Gary.

john

So we had a little breeze and some dampness one night. I'm planning for '10!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2009 at 11:30pm
I sure have been missing out on this thread/conversation! I've been avoiding looking at the thread because I'm not going to make it and would sure like too - didn't want to add to my winter no boating blues!

Larry and Adam,
This is the best I can do as far as a picture. I tried to enlarge it but my computer skills aren't great plus it got real grainy. At least you'll see why John and I are always referring to each others hair!

Adam,
It's PWB!! (Peter William)

Everyone, have a great time and I'm sure it will be a great one.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 1:43am
Sorry Pete...my mistake on the initals.

Nice hair BTW...looks like you are leading the pack.

Looks like that nice "smooth" Green lake.

Looks like 10 boats right now Mark..

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 3:06am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Adam,
It's PWB!! (Peter William)

That was the Jbear who made the cuff comment, he's still learning how to do the "quote" thing!

-Adam

1973 Skier
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 3:18am
I'm workin' on it.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 11:18am
Heres some more shots of the perfect water of green-lake, keep in mind this lake is about 4 times the size, about 14-miles from end to end!

BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 1:11pm
We're getting excited about the trip. Hopefully I'll have the pumpkin back together this time next weekend and have trailer brakes for the first time since I've owned it.

What's a typical day on the river down there? Will lunch and dinner be mostly on the water somewhere? Maybe a cookout at Parramore's Sat night?

Are most bringing skiing/boarding gear? How often will we wish we had left the tower at home because of low hanging trees?

We've done our share of camping, but not so much with a boat in tow.
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
critter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote critter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 2:47pm
Greg, I plan on bringing my boom, a board and ski. I hope to have someone help me get up on my board while there. I did no skiing or boarding in GL but I am hoping that the river is a bit warmer. I took my board to LG also but just too cold for an old man like me.
You are welcome to use what I bring if you would like.
A cookout in the campground Sat night would be great for Cathie and I.
I think that my daugher and grandson may be going as well.
1980 Ski Nautique
1966 Barracuda
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 2:54pm
Sounds great Roger...if others agree on the cookout, we could start a 'to bring' list for a cookout. That's what we're doing is a list to bring...should we be prepared to eat mostly out or mostly at camp? I wonder how close the grub store is?

I'm no pro on a board, but I'm pretty good at getting people out the first time!
1988 BFN-sold

Joe C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 10:03pm
This trip sounds great. I would love to join the group if you have room for another.
76 ski nautique
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 10:24pm
Of Course, bring it on brother. Do you intend to bring a boat too?
bj
hasbeenskier
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 11:07pm
Joe , welcome aboard ......
Game plan is to have fun and get these old boats wet. Are you bringing a boat too? It appears to be groing slowly as the time comes closer.
We will all meet up Sat morn. at the public ramp, look at the maps posted above. Glad to have you and yours along for the "GATHERING"
Karen and I will arrive in Astor on Fri. about noon. We are staying at the Parramore Campground.........Boat dr

Joe C View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-18-2009 at 11:24pm
Boat dr
Yes I will be bringing my 76. I will be contacting Parramore about a camp site to pitch a tent on Friday evening. I am not sure if the wife will be attending or not at this time    Joe
76 ski nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:07am
You coming hasbeen? Hope so.

Not sure what you guys will be up to in the campground on fri or sat evenings but as to on the water...we spent the day last year riding. Floated up at the Springs where we had lunch. Plenty of skiing avalible on the lake as long as it is fairly smooth. I would say bring your equipment but be sure to have a cooler, snacks and lunch.

Man this is gettin' better every day.

Keith..you better fly down.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:06am
Critter, I'd be happy to help get you up on a board.I've taught plenty of kids of all ages and enjoy doing so. I'm planning on bringing mine ( LF trip) and a couple of kneeboards (airrageous).

Greg I'm also planning on bringing my skylon so if you want to leave the tower at home your more than welcome to use the skylon if you need too.

Kim and I may leave Thurs night and stop in Valdosta for the night and get up the next morn to get there. She said if the gang were going to tour the CC factory she'd like to go.

Eating? Who said anything about eating. I thought we were all on the liquid diet for the weekend.

I know that Kim and I were planning on eating out for dinner if there is such a thing but if grills are readily available then a good steak might be in order.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 11:09am
Originally posted by jbear jbear wrote:

Keith..you better fly down.
john

This reminds mw... What's happened to our "Godfather"??

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 12:53pm
I would be up for a BBQ at the campground. If a "to bring" list gets started, let me know.

I also plan on bringing the ski and board. No tower, but at my skill level, it would not make a whole lotta difference.

Greg-
I am not familiar with this section of the river, but in general, I don't think you need to worry about the trees that much (at least my experience on the creeks in the northern sections).
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 1:53pm
Thanks Adam, I did see some taller boats in the backgrounds of the pics from last year. I guess the CCF guys were 'keepin it Pete' as I didn't see any towers on the CC's.

And thanks Tim as well. I'll bring our pile of gear if we find room for it. Our camping gear fills the truck up, and I'm not planning on towing with a cover; so I'll see how it shakes out.
1988 BFN-sold

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-19-2009 at 10:12pm
!#@$@!@# I need to be in WA State this week-end. Hope you guys have a great time and the weather is coopertive.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 12:39am
To those of you staying over night on the river, you should have a spot light with you, there are parts of the river that get very dark, and make sure all your Tags and stickers are up to date!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 1:51am
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

This reminds me... What's happened to our "Godfather"??

I have talked to him by e-mail....think he may try to make it out. Has been very busy at work I guess and lurks on here...

Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

I guess the CCF guys were 'keepin it Pete'

And what would that be...turtle necks, long sleeves and monograms?

LOL Pete..I try not to I swear..but sometimes I can't help myself..

john

PS to Larry: This works pretty good! Thanks!
"Loud pipes save lives"

Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-20-2009 at 11:30am
Just an update to an earlier discussion we had on this thread. Ended up going with Goodyear Marathons 205/75r15's for the trailer yesterday. Got em at Kauffman tire for $216.00. Thanks for all your help guy's. Should I drop by Northern equip and pick up a spare hub for the trip for peace of mind or do you think I'm good to go. Did check the bearings and spindles. They look great.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 22>
  Share Topic