NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fall Midwest Mini-Reunion

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:21am
weitekampt,

Thanks for the heads up but it's
all oak and birch from my backyard. It's been cut for a couple years so should before that little pest showed up. Most campgrounds use that as a good excuse to sell you a few sticks of wood for $5 but I understand.

By the way, is Wolf a private campground or state run?
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 11:17am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

Hollywood, you bringing Johnny along or coming by yourself?

As it stands I will be solo. Some of my buds might be going to Wilmington IL for the Great Plains MCWSA tournament.

We've got room for you in the motorhome if you don't mind sharing the couch with our Rottweiler, he's been fixed so you should have nothing to worry about.    Seriously thought, it's up to you, beats a sleeping bag or the back seat.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 1:04pm
Alan, I appreciate the offer. I might have to take you up on that, although sleeping in my Caddy isn't a problem. I will be bringing along some meat for that grill as well.

My arms are coming back to life after my first course skiing with Joel last weekend, I just ordered a thermo top and am psyched for this weekend. Beer and advil will be a flowing.
Mojoman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Beer and advil will be a flowing.

Atta Boy !! Worked for me all the time !!!
Enjoy !!!

Moj'
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 2:40pm
QUOTE]

We've got room for you in the motorhome if you don't mind sharing the couch with our Rottweiler, he's been fixed so you should have nothing to worry about.    Seriously thought, it's up to you, beats a sleeping bag or the back seat.

[/QUOTE]

Alan,

Yea but is Fang going to be safe on the couch with Hollywood??
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by quinner quinner wrote:

Alan,

Yea but is Fang going to be safe on the couch with Hollywood??

I'll bring plenty of peanut butter.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 3:18pm
I knew Quinner was lurking out there somewhere.

This dog will eat anything, you gonna be in for a heck of a night. Don't say I didn't warn you though, we don't call him the UNIT for nothin you know.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-20-2006 at 10:57pm
I'm REALLY jealous of you guys. Unfortunately, that would be about 6 hours for me. Make sure you post lots of pics. I'll be crossing my fingers on the weather for you. Here in northern IN they're calling for 76 on Saturday. Maybe you guys could come here....

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 8:39am
I said not to talk about weather, but after a quick check this morning I have to say we are really getting hosed here with the rain and wind predictions. I'm still going, of course, especially since I need the break and I have reservations there. Let's hope that the weathermen are wrong... keep the positive vibe going people.
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 9:18am
Talked to Extreme, looks as they will be out on the lake Saturday. As for Heidi and I, not so sure now. We have a PeeWee football conflict, and still trying to work out the details.

There's a reason ex's are ex's...pffffftttttt...
weitekampt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 9:45am
Well boys and girls, I am buying more tarps and warm clothes today. We are set on camping against my better judgement, but we are pumped about meeting people. I would imagine we will be there somewhere around noon. I would imagine people may already be out there on the water, but I am sure we will find you. Looks like the weather in the afternoon is going to be a bit better. Just glad the temps are going to be higher than previously expected.

Again, we will be wheeling in around 11-12 or so. Set up camp in a decent spot, hopefully high ground! Then look for my new water buddies.

Sorry, I am not going to detail the heck out of the boat, I am afraid the roads may be wet going down so please excuse the possible mess.

Are there any docks or anything where we can leave the boats if it does pour rain or just wanted to get a sandwich at the campsite? Never been there so I don't know much about he facilities.

Here is my number if people want it. 217-202-5946 and the name is Todd.

Later
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 10:00am
Way to go, Todd. That's a real sport! Of course, I detailed the outside of my boat completely... great timing. Ken, stop that crazy talk man- we need your sound system and I want to surf, so let's try to make it down, OK?

I have the Coors light as well as Miller Lite and a variety of "fun" beers as well. I also picked up two 12.00/ea choice strip steaks so I'm ready to roll!!!!
Gotwake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gotwake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 10:13am
LOL- still trying to come up with a plan, perhaps staying at the resort. Anyway we're trying, it may be Satuday afternoon. Do you have a surf board? We've been using the phase 5's and they are awesome.

Todd- there's only one dock at the launch at Wolf Creek, to load and unload. It's a great ramp though and I've pulled the boat out a couple times a day to do just what you're talking about. We've also floated while someone went and made sandwiches. (well, went and got more beer)
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 1:36pm
Joel,

Don't worry about the weather, a bad day out with friends still beats a good day at work

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 6:25pm
Hey everyone, I just heard that Clinton turned on the powerplant again. It was only off 3 days so the water will be about 85 degrees at one side of the lake. This is just a crazy idea and it is extremely late planning, but would anybody want to interested in going to clinton so we could veg in the water? If you look at a map, it insn't much further really.

This is just an idea, but I KNOW the water will be warm there and the campground is great too.

I have a county board meeting tonight, but will be checking mail this eveing.

217-202-5946
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 8:25pm
Todd, I appreciate the sentiment but I'm stickin with Shelby on this one. I'd love to do clinton one day though, that would be fun. I'll bring a drysuit for you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weitekampt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:46pm
Not a problem here. I will probably bring both my wet and dry suit. But you know what, only a sissy needs one unless it is under 50 degrees...water that is.

I am really looking forward to this. I think we are ready for a cold weekend, but awful entertaining.

Do I need to bring anything other than the boat and skis? I don't have any real crazy toys so i am kind of limited. But let me know if you need me to bring anything extra. I can sure try.

Has there been a general meeting time or site? Like I have said before, we will hopefully be wheeling into wolf around 11-12. I figure there won't be many people and we will see each other if they are on land. By no means let us hold anybody up. Get on the water if you want to and get the good skiing in. The wind will be a booger, but we will work with it.

Later!
1993 SkiNautique ProTec
2009 Boatmate trailer.
1240 hours on meter.
1993 Ski Nautique
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-21-2006 at 11:58pm
Should be fun. WORST case scenario, we end up at the bar at Eagle Creek all weekend. Still a great time if you ask me. The boat is now loaded up- couse, slalom skis, barefoot gear, boom, 3 ropes (2 slalom, one barefoot), swivel ski for kicks. Hopefully we can consolidate ropes and gear and get the whole group up at once behind the boat for fun... even the wind can't really stop a stunt like that.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 9:06am
Trunk of the Fleetwood is loaded, just gotta add beer, meat and ice on my way down. Keep your phones on so I can call when I'm lost and help me find the damn campsite.
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2006 at 9:19am
After the torrential rain this morning, the boat cover is on snug. The M3-train is about to pull out of the station.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic