NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jbears 351

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 10>
Author
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:16pm
   Threadjack...Jeff where have you been?Working your a$$ off as usual?You need to take some time off this summer

Nice work guys.Looks like the JBear project was a complete success.Thanks for sharing it with us.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 9:54pm
    Hey Mike!! Im sure Jbear wont mind the small threadjack!! I have been workin my a$$ off and hoping it will slow down for summer. Not much time on the computer lately, but hopefully the ice will be off of Mousam soon!!

Jeff...
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-26-2007 at 10:38pm
All. Got here late 'cause I had a meeting tonite and an important phone call to cover first.

So.....thanks gotta go to Blondie for the great pics of Sunday's test ride. Eat your hearts out you northern guys, it was upper 70's, sunny with a light breeze. What a treat to get the boat in the water this time of year.

Speaking of treats; was so cool to have Mark, Kevin, and Lisa come all the way over to our place. Always is more fun when there is a couple of boats to play together. Don't let anyone kid you, Marks boat is serious fast, way more than the '80. Helps to have a brother like Keith who has been wrenching for years and has his own shop. Kinda consider it my shop too. The boats did draw alot of attencion. The local sheriff visited us on the ramp and in the water. We also just happened to cross his path in each of the 4 different lakes we were on. Thankfully he did not notice that my sticker was expired.

Ok now to the good stuff. 79 did a little tweaking on the ramp and in the water. I still don't think he likes my points. But....we got 4800rpm out of her, an increase of 400rpm. We didn't run full throttle as I was kinda scared to and the water was a little rough. But I had throttle left. I need to GPS her as I do not trust the speedos. At least not the ones I can't wear. But I could never push the speedos past 44 or 45 before and yesterday they were almost bouncing at 50! I am turning a 13x14 right now. Usually run a 13x13 but might not put that back on. Better just go for the 540. Talk about screaming!

Was great fun playing Boat. Ran into "Big Wave Dave" out on the lake. He was out in his old, beautiful Century. After playing for awhile we beached at our favorite on the water spot, the Harborside. Cold beer and great food. Plus NASCAR on the tv's.

Awesome day all around. Many thanks go to 79 and Backfoot for coming out to enjoy the fun as well. The good lookin' lady lucky enough to be betwwen me and Chris is mrsjbear. We did miss Reid but he called me twice and I think I called him 3 times. Wonder what Laurie was thinking?

As to the awesome one-of-a-kind shirt; I wear it proudly and am happy to be an "honorary" New England guy but sure am not above accepting some PLBC gear. I would even be happy to make a donation to the PLBC entertainment fund.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:06am
Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun down there. John, you're first on the list when the next run of PLBC wear comes out. Don't drive too fast, you don't want to mess up that hair.
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:33am
Great picture, gentleman. I love the two cla$$ic Nautiques in the background. Reminds me of my '80. Hot looking boats!

Ken
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:11pm
so where at GL can we have CC drag races?
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:28pm
any where as long as it's early in the morning or late afternoon with little to no wind.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 6:30pm
good point
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:41pm
   Hey John, when are youu going to get really brave and take a trip up here to New England with the 80 so everyone up here can see it for real?? Oh yeah, the only downfall is you will probably WONT be in any condition to drive after everyone buys you rounds of drinks!!! A little off the subject maybe.....

Jeff...

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 8:54pm
JEFF: That would be a long haul from Central Florida. Wouldn't I be able to bum a ride? Also would be so cool to ride and drive Ken's boat again, if he would let me. Lots of time spent in that boat!

Hollywood: Where have you and PLBC been? Haven't seen you guys on. They making you actually work during the day? I would be proud to wear some PLBC stuff. I am not declaring more alegience to either area of the country, but I did get a cool New England shirt first. Thought it was cool that Joel (I think) noticed.

We also mentioned multiples here a couple of posts ago. We always did them whenever a guy got a new boat. Thats the way we used to break them in. Biggest was 6 behind the first big block in the Club. Was owned by a great guy, now gone, named Jim Judge. We also did 8 on two booms with Dale Good's big block 2001 model boat. Now about all I can do is a double. By the time Hollywood gets around to me I might be to old.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 9:55pm
jbear,
Kinda got behind on checking your post..been too busy here plowing snow . ..

Man Im really jealous now!!! Bad enough to have to watch all you wrenching on you ride while mines still in storage... THEN you add insult by showing pics in the water!!! Congats on the upgrades!... Now get out that sandpaper!!!

btw, does your "team" soup-up pontunas?
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-27-2007 at 10:13pm
I figure these guys could soup-up anything, even a pontuna.

Sorry about all the snow. It is awesome to go play boat this time of the year.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 8:32pm
    Jbear!!! Easy on the sandpaper!!! That boat rocks the way it is. Maybe some Diamond cut with a good rotary buffer... I wish I had that ride at my dock!!! Oh yeah,you are already at 9 pages!!! All I can say Is AMAZING!!!!

Jeff....
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 8:58pm
the graphics where repaint at some point in time and it's just flaking off that's why the transom looks so rough. The paint they used is a little different they didn't use rustoleum like the factory did when it was repainted. but it does need wetsanded and re-done, the inside is awsome and the gel's in great shape just need's the graphics fixed up.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:12pm
    79, ever use the Diamod Cut on a rotary buffer?? I tried it and worked great!! And yes, it you need to scuff off to gel to get it to shine, wet sanding is the only way....

Jeff....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 9:23pm
Can ya still use that diamond stuff on the graphics? Like Chris said, its a repaint over the old stuff. Proably need to start over.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:27pm
I almost thought we were going to have to talk jbear out of picking a race with this guy!

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:45pm
I bet Jbear's boat could take it. After all look at all the work that was done to it.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:49pm
No flakey paint here, just a whole lot of dullness!

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:52pm
Is that eliminator one of those boats that they say ,All show and no go . Regardless I bet John could take him. I deffinetly know he could pull more footers .
Whats more impressive ? Pulling 5 or 6 footers or going so fast nobody can see you anyway .

Pat
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 10:52pm
Awe, that Eliminator's not that fast, as i beat that dude last year, while pulling a 'footer. Only reason he caught back up was
'cause my skier's feet caught on fire so I had to slow down, and then I spilled my wine cooler. Did someone say something about the GLCC Boat Drag Nationals? Best news for the rest of us is that jbear's boat can't make it. Maybe we could have another competition where each boat has to pull a slalom skier, or a barefooter, and another where you have to run down and turn around a ball/marker and come back, or whatever else.
ReidP
1973 Mustang

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:25pm
Pat; I vote for pullin' the footers.

Reid; We used to have fun with "barefoot drags". Step off and the driver keeps rollin' up the speed. The feet used to get hot.

MM; I gotta admit your graphics look better than mine. Can't wait to see them all in the green.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:52pm
GLCC Boat Drag Nationals, I like that, and the down and back race, that way TRB and some of the other guys with the bigger boats will have a chance, with two hole shots in one race!!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2007 at 11:59pm
MM; Even so, you know us old style boat guys could take them newer ones easily.

Never in a million years did I think I would be bragging on how fast my boat is.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 12:02am
Thanks... jbear,Mrs jbear, 79, Backfoot, for a great day out on a cool chain of lakes! We all had a good time and we will be coming back soon..

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 12:05am
You guys are welcome back ANYTIME!

Mark what should I do with these parts I brought home, pitch them into the dumpster?

john

sure wish we hadn't dropped the camera on the way out the door. We could've gotten on a few more of MM's boat and Blondie. Will have a new one for mrsjbear before we hit the water again.
"Loud pipes save lives"

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 12:22am
Maybe you should step up to a waterproof the next time! One like ours is $220!

About the parts, can you use a new anchor? ha ha, hang on to them for now, but you can toss out that old exhaust manifold!

I will have Blondie post the link for the camera so you can take a look at it!   
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 12:33am
The choice is Patti's, but one like yours is good with me.

About the parts; done, no need for a new anchor!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:41am
jeff I've never used the diamond cut or buffer for that matter, wetsanded by hand and used a DA as well.

you guys will have to determind the course length that way I know which prop to use, short course old prop long corurse I'll leave it alone. How about a contest for who's motor shines the most or has the most chrome on it?

anyone catch the chrome PCM exhaust manifolds on EBAY?
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2007 at 8:49am
Jbear,
Great pics... The boat looks fantastic.. Job well done.. 81' has the artwork for the transome, just start sanding that baby down and re-shoot it !! His can out great !!

Anyway, I'm due to come back down in a couple of months.. I'll have to definitely make it a point to check out Chris's handywork !!

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 45678 10>
  Share Topic