NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat names??!!??

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 11:19am
When I was young, my dad named our boat "AJOB". When people called the house, looking for my dad, we could say that he's "out on ajob".

BTW, on the back of my BFN I've got "Burning Soles".

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 12:24pm
jbear -

Presque Isle Bay over in PA. There are a couple good places to ski, but sometimes it's just too windy.
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 1:21pm
When in school had friend who named his 3 point hydro which he raced Miss Sun Beach.

The PA announcer had a great time with that name. That was the only fame for the boat for it didn't run very well. It did not have to for it still brought a lot of fun.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2008 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Behl Behl wrote:

When in school had friend who named his 3 point hydro which he raced Miss Sun Beach.

The PA announcer had a great time with that name. That was the only fame for the boat for it didn't run very well. It did not have to for it still brought a lot of fun.

Steve, I just tried sending you an email through the site- let me know if it came through! Either way, please send me an email: TRBenj@gmail.com

Sorry for the OT!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 2:44am
Ok Adam...been there...pretty place. Just thought by chance you meant our bay (Sandusky).

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 12:14pm
John/jbear,

It's not too far a ride between Erie & Sandusky. About every other summer the family goes over to Cedar Point.

If you ever want to head over to Erie to do some skiing let me know.

Oh and to stay on topic... my '80 Century Resorter is named Legacy (bought it off my Grandad) and my '63 Ski Nautique will be called Ski Biscuit when she is done.

Adam
63CCSN
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 12:27pm
The name of my boat is displayed nicely on the transom...Correct Craft. The name works for me all around.

Ken
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 12:52pm
John, i hear the the sea serpent is almost submerged over there in Huron, thats a good sign
"the things you own will start to own you"
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 12:56pm
John your ski club was in santucky? its becoming more clear everyday
"the things you own will start to own you"
peter1234 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter1234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2008 at 3:52pm
we named our green correct craft "algae"      I always wanted to name one " a hole in the water"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 11:23pm
Burning Soles is our barefoot race team name.

'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 11:32pm
Adam: Thanks for the offer but we are in Florida now. But we were on Sandusky Bay with our ski club for 30 years before me and the wife mover south.

eric; LOL...hadn't thought of the serpent in years. Can't belive there is water back in there...been dry for quite a few years. You been driving up that way to work on boats already?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2008 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by 63CCSN 63CCSN wrote:

John/jbear,

It's not too far a ride between Erie & Sandusky. About every other summer the family goes over to Cedar Point.

If you ever want to head over to Erie to do some skiing let me know.

Oh and to stay on topic... my '80 Century Resorter is named Legacy (bought it off my Grandad) and my '63 Ski Nautique will be called Ski Biscuit when she is done.

Adam
63CCSN

Adam, what color is your Resorter? My brother has an '80 that he and I bought new. Nice boat.
63CCSN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63CCSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 5:11pm
tullfooter - I really like where you put the name and the colors you used! It looks good.

Riley- My Grandfather bought the boat new. Then sold it. Some years later my dad was looking for a boat and bought it back. I bought it off Dad. I thought Legacy was a good name for her, since three of us had owned her.

Orginally she had a dark navy hull with a white deck and off white bottom. When the boat was out of the family, the owner had the hull sprayed red. It looks really good red, it's just not orginal. The bottom and deck are the orginal color, and the interior is the orginal tan. I like her a lot. Not as good a wake as a Nautique, but still fun to ski behind. She is powered with a 255 Mercruiser -- a 350 chevy block.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 5:18pm
Sounds like the same exact boat as this.

My brothers and I bought this at Channel Marine in NH in May of 1980. The pic was taken last summer. Great classic boat to cruise around in.

05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 11:32pm
    One of my customers has a 34 foot Sea Ray named "Dock Holidaze"

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2008 at 11:33pm
    Thread jack:

Bruce,

How is your brother making out with that boat ?

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 12:39am
The boat came out with very little damage. Unbelievably the windshield was not damaged. The interior was torn up and that's about it. Insurance is replacing his interior with Century stuff, and they paid for detailing the boat. It should be looking good by summer.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 3:38pm
The new Lost Lake barefoot boat.

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:47pm
You've got to be kidding!

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2008 at 4:50pm
Wood

That was done so well, I'm running home to check my garage.

Steve
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic