Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Introducing myself-

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Introducing myself-
    Posted: April-09-2008 at 6:47pm
Hi,
My name is todd and I just found this site today. So far I love it. I am in the market for my first ski boat (im 22) and I just found a 1979 Ski Nautique at a local dealership. They are only asking $4999 which I dont think it to high of at price compared to other boats I have seen. It is missing the rear seat and the swim platform on the back is taken off. I am going to go look at it this weekend and take it for a test drive and then hopefully laying down the cash.. :) This boat is exactly what I am looking for, something that is not perfect that needs a few fixin's and shes ready to roll...I can never just leave something the way it sits. I bought a brand new fourwheeler to race motocross with and a couple weeks later I needed to upgrade the suspension, tires, axle...and so on..
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 6:53pm
Todd,

Welcome to the site. You will fit right in here. No one on this site can just let things be, even when there is nothing wrong with the boat, we all try to make them better. There have been a lot of topics covered over time, so try the search option to look for key words. If you do not find the answer your looking for that way. Just ask plenty of help here.
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 6:55pm

here she is...not to bad of shape for a 79 i dont think
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 6:57pm

tell me what you think.
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 7:11pm
Taz,

You need to check the floor for softspots, and the stringers for rot. It looks nice. If the floor and stringers are in decent shape, a pretty good deal. If not, you're looking at a lot of time and fair chunk of change to fix the floor and stringers and replace the carpet. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 7:17pm
I think you can do better than $4,999. It went for ~$3k on eBay a few weeks ago (didn't make reserve) and was on their lot all of last year as well. Even if you don't plan on using it, you're really going to miss the back seat and ring/finger for the pylon.

I don't believe the engine is original either.
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 7:35pm
Wow, hollywood. thanks for the info! would have never guessed it was on ebay. Do you mean they had it listed on ebay 3 weeks ago or they bought it off of ebay for $3000?

the boat will definentely get used. plan on doing lots of tubing, kneeboarding, skiing, and maybe try out wakeboarding (never done it)

The guy said that the floors are rock solid in it but I havent seen it yet so I dont know.
Do you guys think I should just pass on this boat or just offer them like 4000?

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 7:47pm
Tough to say if it's worth $4k, if it is to YOU then go for it, probably not to me though. They've had it for over a year, and tried putting it on eBay but it didn't meet the reserve. My point with the engine was it looks like a LH prop on there, which will give you some handling issues with such a small boat. There would also be a lot of unkowns with the engine in there now. I think they either have, or will be getting in an a blue 85 Ski Nautique soon so check on that.

Tubing??????????????

Tubing??????????????
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 7:53pm
Well hey that answers my questions. Thats the reason I joined this site is to get peoples opinions on the boat before I made a $4000-$5000 mistake.

im guessing "LH" means left hand???

yeah I like tubing, its only fun if the only way off the tube is frontflips and cartwheels...

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:03pm
I agree with HW. I'd pass on that one.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:08pm
Didn't realize the engine had been changed out. I'd pass as well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:14pm
tazman7,
Where are you located? There are a lot of boats listed on this site for under $5,000. You should be able to get a pretty good boat for that money. Do a For Sale Search and see if you can find something near you. Plenty of guys on the site will go take a look at a boat for you if it's not close by.

Good luck and welcome!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 8:46pm
I am located in northern Illinois. Ok I think I will pass on that boat then, I have also been looking at another boat on ebay that I am thinking abou bidding on. It isnt a SN but it is a supra.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBTOX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260226937232&_trksid=p3984.cTODAY.m238.lVI

I guess I have been bouncing back and for from this boat to a sn...Id like to not spend more than $5000 if I dont have too.

I have searched the classifieds on all of the surrounding states and nothing...
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:08pm
Taz, You have found a great site with people that can really help you finding, using, repairing and maintaining a CC as well as other boats. I concur with all the opinions and feel you still have plenty of time till boating so take your time looking. Hollywood (Kevin), M3fan (Joel) and myself as well as others you will meet here are in Northern Illinois. Make sure you keep us informed on the boats you find and maybe we will have more info on it. Lastly, I must comment that you are looking for a ski boat so go for the skiing and ditch the tube!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:35pm
Pete, boating season has already started! M3Fan was skiing on Sunday while quinner was putting his docks in. We'll be out this Saturday as well.
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 9:54pm
Noooo...the tube will never get ditched.
Dont worry, my old man knows how to barefoot, so thats prob the first thing I will be doing is learning that. I dont want to rush into buying a boat but I would like to get one soon so I can "fix" the things I want to before the water gets warm.
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 10:52pm
tazman7....My buddy has an 87-sn that has been parked in his back yard for about 2 or 3 years, last year I offered him 3000 for it, he did not want to sell it at the time but now he does, I have not looked at it in a wile, but I can tell you it will need some fixen up!.....the bad news is its in FL.
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 11:09pm
Yeah Florida and $4.19 for diesel dont get along to well...thanks for the offer though.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-09-2008 at 11:31pm
Taz,

Welcome! Once you start skiing/boarding or footing behind a true Inboard you will want to ditch that tube!

I would definitely continue your search and forget about that 79'. So where are you at in Northern Ill? Where do or will you be skiing? Like Pete said, there are quite a few of us in the area.

Like HW said, Put the docks and lifts in Saturday, we are ready to go, just not so sure about this weekend, snow/sleet and high of 38-42deg, damn that's cold for skiing!
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:44am
HW sez you guys are skiing. Who cares about a little sleet? Don't forget the camera CQ. Need some pics of HW skiing on his special day.

Not for me of course...Patti.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:01am
Taz
Welcome to the site. Be careful, it can be quite addictive.
I'm with the other guys, you can do well with 5K on this site. These guys will look out for boats in your area. Don't hesitate to ask someone to check out a boat that you are eyeing.
IMO, Supra should not be in the same sentence with Correct Craft.

Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 1:31am
My family owns a cottage in Cambridge Wisconsin on Lake Ripley.

Oh I know how forums can get addictive...I had to put myself on a budget..haha I belong to diesel forums, fish forums, quad forums,boat forums...

Ok I will stay away from that 79- I was talking to a guy that has his listed for sale on here for sale. Located in illinois for 6750. Looks like a very nice boat, still waiting for an email from him about a price though...
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 3:31am
Hollywood and Quinner,

You guys using those funny dry suits again? I am just messing with you guys ski on and have a good time.
NAUTI84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NAUTI84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-10-2008 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by tazman7 tazman7 wrote:

Noooo...the tube will never get ditched.

Ohh Taz -
The Tube's fate :

tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 2:13pm
Just wondering if anybody has spotted me a good one to buy yet?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 3:18pm
Lots, but you'll have to budget in your fuel consumption.
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 3:35pm
Yeah really...I have found several boats out of state but im not much for riding in cars that long...

Found a 77 on here in Illinois but there is a sale pending on it, hopefully the guy doesnt take it but I wont find out for a couple weeks... sucks because I have cash in hand.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 4:26pm
well your going to limit your choices by not driving some distance as several members won't have a problem going out and checking it out before hand, if the boat is in their area. That way you know you've got a good boat before you lay down some cash and drive that distance to pick-it up and won't be waisting time and money.

Anyway good luck with the search.
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by tazman7 tazman7 wrote:

Yeah really...I have found several boats out of state but im not much for riding in cars that long...

As mentioned, if you see something you like, speak up. Also mentioned is that a lot of these guys know a lot of boats! Hollywood already saved you 1. I had a 79 and I guarantee you didn't want a LH prop on that set-up.

That said, on that yellow 79...you may want to see if an educated buyer could get enough off of the price to switch the drive. It would have to be a good chunk off the asking price, and it would be a good bit of work; but I've also been known to be a horse trader...cash in a guy's face can have an amazing effect! It may be a terrible idea, but it does look clean. How does it look up close-gel, engine, bilge, stringers, etc?
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
tazman7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tazman7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 8:01pm
BuffaloBFN- Which boat are you talking about? The yellow 1979 or the yellow 1977 that is listed on here?

I havent gone to look at either one of these boats in person but from what the guy said about the 1979 listed on here for sale is that the boat is in great shape. There are some stress cracks near the bottom of the boat but that is normal. Engine and floors are solid. Said hes just selling to buy an open bow boat because he has kids.
Its just that he has another buyer that went through some trouble to get a loan for it and isnt coming to even look at it until April 20th and he said he wouldnt sell it from underneath him since he went through so much trouble getting the loan, which I can see his point and thats awesome that he is doing that for the guy but I have been screwed to many times to wait around for someone to say they are coming to look at something and passing up potential buyers in the process and that one buyer never showing up...happened with my waverunner and my 250r quad. I mean I could be in his driveway in 45 minutes with cash in my hand...why wait for someone else? But thats just my opinion, but it does mean that he is an honest person, and that means alot when buying something.
I just really like/want this boat, its in great shape, close to where I live...But as soon as I find a boat that I really like im buying it, I just hope he doesnt miss out on selling it by waiting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic