NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Draining oil

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
tjeffery72Mus. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjeffery72Mus. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Draining oil
    Posted: April-11-2008 at 8:19pm
What is the best method of draining oil, there is not alot of room for a pan down there, I was thinking about getting a thin pan and makeing a hole in the side of it and running a tube from it to drain the oil out the the bottom, to another pan. Is this to much work or is there an better way???
The Guy.

joed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 9:27pm
1. Pump it thru the dipstick tube... you can get a suitable pump at auto parts or marine store.

2. Buy a drain kit that attaches to the drain opening and has tubing with a cap on it that you can route thru the drain in the bilge.

Hope that helps.
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2008 at 10:14pm
oil suction type through dip stick tube:

Drain kit from pan drain through hull drain hole:

Before you buy a drain hose kit, Check the fitting size on the oil pan. I don't know what H/M used for a pan. Also check the distance to the thru hull in the bottom of the boat for the proper hose length.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 1:38am
This is mine, homemade. It's not marine grade hose, but in 18 years it hasn't caused any problems.
Tim D
tjeffery72Mus. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjeffery72Mus. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 1:50am
Thats awesome, I might try something like that I think... Very nice Tim...
The Guy.

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2008 at 2:12pm
Tim, the drain hose is ample but that fuel pump does not appear to be Coast Guard approved,hope that is not the issue................Boat dr
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic