NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

flight control tower

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flight control tower
    Posted: January-22-2004 at 1:53pm
I have a 78 Martinique that I am considering adding a flight control tower to. I noticed in the diary pictures that "Ben" fabricated a tower to his boat. I'd like to know where I can find the fittings for this project.
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-22-2004 at 11:44pm
I would advise against adding a tower to your martinque.The towers on the newer boats have structurally reinforced mounting points to enable the tremendous forces to be distributed equally along the deck surface.Your boat was designed as a pleasure/ski boat,not a wakeboard tower boat,don't risk the serious damage or injury possibility.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
882001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 882001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-23-2004 at 12:56am
i disagree the deck on any nautique,that i have run across. is easily capable of supporting a tower. im gonna put one on my 2001.
try www.diytowers.com and www.inboardtalk.com
hope this helps..
veedub88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote veedub88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-24-2004 at 12:02am
I have used my 1977 martinique (see diaries) all last year with no problems whatsoever. There is only like maybe 200 pounds of force on the wakeboard rope. The fiberglass area where I mounted the tower is pretty thick. If you are going to wakeboard, you need a tower, so start building! I got the fittings online, just do a search for Kee-Klamp fittings. You have to match them with the corresponding pipe size. They are about 8$ a piece and they save tremendously on fabrication. Check out http://www.inboardtalk.com/tower/tower.html and http://www.onlinemetals.com/
nauti girl View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nauti girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-26-2004 at 1:00pm
Thanks for all the info. We appreciate it tremendously.
Nauti Girl
--I think my husband uses his own login now!
Canadianboater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianboater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2004 at 5:23pm
I have a 69 Correct Craft Southwind with a tower. These old boats are more then capable of handling the pressure of wakeboarding. Have fun, play safe.
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2004 at 7:10pm
i inspected all the various towers last night at the boat show. correct craft was the only boat line with a substatial mounting pad. we'll see what happens in the long run.

ANYONE that makes a tower (edit...for resale) must get a licence from cc to do so. they own the patent.

CCraftSkierFan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CCraftSkierFan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-04-2004 at 2:03am
Try checking out this first. Bought one last year and couldn't be more happy with it. You can still keep your original ski pylon.

Flitepipe
1975 Correct Craft Skier 16 302 Commander 220HP, towed with a 1989 F250 4x4, 7.3L diesel supercab
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic