Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Used Women’s Wakeboard

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Kevin's '79 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Used Women’s Wakeboard
    Posted: April-23-2008 at 11:30am
My daughters (ages 13 & 15) want to learn to wakeboard. Anyone out there have a used wakeboard that would work for beginners? If not, does anyone have suggestions for what I should be looking for? Thanks, Kevin
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 12:19pm
Approx. height, approx weight, shoe size, athletic ability, and is the intent for both to use the same board? BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 4:54pm
They are between 5'5" and 5'8" and weigh 115 to 125 lbs. Shoe size is 7.5-8. Since both are new at it I would like for them to share the wakeboard since they are close in size. Both know how to ski on two skis. Kevin
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 5:02pm
Check out www.ski-it-again.com
Ski it Again
Tim D View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-23-2008 at 6:13pm
I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a board for beginners. If they learn and show potential, and interest, then spend the money on something nicer. My neighbor bought my old hyperlite for his daughter, who had a nice o'brien, nothing wrong with it. She still can't jump the wakes.
Tim D
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 4:40am
I would be looking for about a 132cm board. Your girls are light enough to ride a smaller board, but they are fairly tall. Some people would push them up to a 134 or 135, but I would not.

If they care about girly graphics, then go for a womens board.   The manufacturers claim the womens' board are softer, lighter, blah blah blah, but I don't see it. Most of the boards are based off a men's board, with graphics change for the gals.

Hyperlite Motive (men's graphics) or Divine (girls graphics) is a good choice. Been a great beginner to advanced intermediate board for a long time.

Blindside Flower very easy beginner board.
Double Up Serena often found for low cost.
Liquid Force Diva though probably geared a little more toward intermediate/advanced.
Ronix Krush, Gator Lexy are other possiblities, but I don't know much about them.

Err on the side of better bindings. There are some adjustables that are ok. None are going to be fantastic. To me, the boots are far more important than the board.

There are lots of websites with 1 or 2 year old models. You can save a lot. You should be able to find good board/boot packages for $220-$240. Some of the sites: evogear.com, uswakesupply.com, wakegiant.com, grizzly-sports.com, djsboardshop.com (seems to have a lot of women's options).

Hope this helps. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevin's '79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-24-2008 at 11:52am
BKH,

Thanks for the excellent information. I had been looking at a Hyperlite Divine New Blem at evogear. I think I may go in that direction based upon the information you provided.

Kevin
05 210 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 05 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2008 at 12:48am
   Check out Boarders Mall.They have a bunch of closeout stuff cheap.I recently signed up for there "Boarders Best Buy" email program.It's free and they email you everyday with a new "smokin deal" good for 24 hrs or until supply is out.Most of the stuff is 40-65% off.BKH is right on with the size you need,look for a continous rocker design,usually more consistent and smooth for a beginner.

Mike
Air Nautique 210 Team

640 hours, not 1 regret
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 3:25am
Boarder's best buy deal for the next 24 hours is the Hyperlite Divine in a 134. $119.00. Would still need to find bindings separately. However, they've had some good deals on bindings lately as well. FWIW. BKH
Livin' the Dream

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 10:11am
BKH
Your dead right about the bindings. A bad set of bindings will make any board harder to ride. Not to be chauvinistic, but comfortable bindings will go a long way with the girls.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic