Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fish Nautique, getting the bug for one

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
filmhog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote filmhog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fish Nautique, getting the bug for one
    Posted: April-23-2008 at 9:46pm
I've seen the photos and thinking that a fish nautique might be a nice solution here on Lake Tahoe. For fishing....and then for just having fun and tooling around. Can anyone give me a primer on desirable years and motors and what to look for, i.e. Achilles heels?
Thank you.
Jan
79 Ski Nautique
71 Riva Olympic
tkbsurf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tkbsurf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2008 at 9:23am
Hey filmhog,

I love my "fish". The only thing I would consider a handicap of sorts is the deep draft. It draws almmost 3ft, so it is something to consider if the area you will be useing the boat is shallow. Another are of concern is the engine bay bulkheads. They are almost always rotted out.It is an easy fix , however if they are not repaired there could be downnstream damage such as weak floors, cracks, etc. One of the reasons for the water damage is that water from the deck drains right into the bilge via the rear deck hatch. It pours right on to the battery shelf area. This is very annoying! I am in progress with redesigning the floor to include a drain p-ath and hose to exit the engine bay area. other than that it is a great boat! We use it year round for just about every boating activity you can think of. I just posted a few pics on the diary page.   
MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 3:10am
filmhog...Take a look at (Craigslist orlando) there is a nice one on there, with a twin-motor package in it!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic