Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Binding Strap

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Binding Strap
    Posted: April-28-2008 at 11:05pm
I have a 1970's vintage O'Brien Competitor water ski. I need to replace the strap that goes over the toe piece. If you can point me to some replacement parts, that would be great. If not, there must be something I can work with a little yankee ingenuity. Cutting them out of old tires and mud flaps would not work, but there must be something that would do the trick. Any ideas?
Jim
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2008 at 1:35am
Can you post a picture of what you need. I have a box full of old Obrien binding parts. I might have what you need.
Greg

86 BFN
64 Skier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 64 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-21-2008 at 1:34pm
Take it to a shoe repair shop. I've had great luck wiht this type of shop due to the fact that they have so many different materials they can work with.

At least once a year, someone yanks on a binding without enough lube and pulls the straps right out of the rubber and a shoe repair shop has fixed them for about $15.
64 Skier
66" HO VTX and 67" HO Triumph
71CC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic