NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Velvet Drive leaking.... alot

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Velvet Drive leaking.... alot
    Posted: May-12-2008 at 2:18pm
well i replaced the rear seal at the end of last year due to a large oil leak that I thought was coming from there. First time out this year I kept an eye on it. Seems like it is leaking where the bearing retainer meets with the case. I put a new gasket there last year as well but I know that it is still dripping. Im losing about 1 qt every few hours, so a big leak. The gasket seemed really thin Anybody know where I can get a BW replacement gasket.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 3:13pm
what trans? a 10-18 or 10-17 the bolts go thru on the 10-18's and if you dont put a sealer on them they will leak
i probably have one that i could give you, something isnt up to par and it seems as if you have more than a gasket problem, call me if you want to talk about the problem, Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 5:33pm
Do you use the aviation sealant on the threads as well or what do you use.

Thanks Eric will do. Ill call you later this week when I get my new phone, my dumba** dropped mine in the lake this weekend.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-12-2008 at 10:59pm
did you put silicone under the flange nut? and did you look at the seal surface on the output coupling?
i use 580 loctite or pipe dope on the threads if it is a 10-18. on the 10-17 the bolts have the gasket completely surrounding the threads and dont leak,
did you use the right gasket?
Eric
"the things you own will start to own you"
nc2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nc2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2008 at 12:48pm
its a 10-17. I used the right gasket...the one the completely surronds the bolt holes. I replaced the front gasket as well thinking that it would go next. Its leaking the same amount it was before I replaced them and the front seal wasnt pushed out before so im guessing that the pump didnt push it out this time but I will check.

Anybody got a milk crate? lol
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic