Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water leak

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
roxchem View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roxchem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water leak
    Posted: May-28-2008 at 8:12pm
Last week I bought a 1985 Nautique that I found on Correct Craft Fan. I discovered that there is a water leak somewhere in front of the drain plug. I suspect that the leak may be related to the fins. I am considering removing the screws that hold the fins and resealing them. Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a recommended sealant and could the water leak be comming from any thing else in front of the drain plug???
1985 Nautique
phospher View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phospher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 1:53pm
i believe you want to use 3m's 5200.
behindpropeller View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote behindpropeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 2:31pm
Fill it with water on the trailer to find your leak.

jayc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 2:46pm
I'm still chasing leaks on a 82 nautique i recently bought.

So far I've replaced both exhaust hoses at the stern as they were both rotted and leaking, sealed the platform mounting bolts, and resealed the speedo through hull points. Its still taking on water through the stuffing box and rudder box so they are yet to do but at least my tracking fins are not leaking!

There's not much else in front of the drain that could be leaking but as said above, filing the boat with a hose while on the trailer is a good idea.
1982 Nautique 2001 - 351W Dual Fuel
1982 Ski Tique - 351W Dual fuel
1996 Maxum 210ss -350 EFI Dual Fuel
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-29-2008 at 2:55pm
Jack, The only other thing that may be leaking is the pitot tube running up to the speedometers. Do they work?
Yes, 3M 5200 is the way to go with the fins.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic