NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

’79 Ski Tique Rear Seat

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ’79 Ski Tique Rear Seat
    Posted: June-02-2008 at 9:51am
How would I go about making a new rear seat for a ski tique if I do not have the original frame to use as a plan?

Does someone here have plans or drawings available?

Thanks and I love this forum!
Kenny <>{
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 4:30pm
Kenny,
Look in the reference section for help. There wasn't any frame to speak of. The back of the seat was a cusion that snapped in along the back of of the seat. The bottom was a removable cushion that just layed on the floor. With pictures and a few dimensions off your boat, any seat guys could make them..
Good Luck.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 9:32pm
Kenny, Moj is correct.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 9:07am
Ok, thanks! With as tall as the seat bottom looks, I didn't know if there was a wood frame in there or not.

I did see one picture of a rear seat where the guy did build a frame and made storage under the seat, that looked like a pretty good idea.

Thanks again!
Kenny <>{
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 9:35am
Kenny, I'd suggest going with the original snap out seat. Trust me that the Tique is a ski boat and was never designed for cruising with a bunch of people in it. With anyone in the back, the boat will porpoise at anything over half throttle and for skiing you will need the extra room. You will not want anyone in the back when skiing anyway. Our rear seat wasn't in the boat once last summer! The dog house seat pad does come in handy when you do have a extra person on board for a short run across the lake - (do check you local ordinances regarding where people can sit!!).

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
78SkiTique View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 10:53am
Kenny: I am the proud new owner of a 1978 Ski Tique. My back seat sits on a simple wood frame that is mounted to the floor. The seat cushion sits on top and comes off so there is a little storage under it. The frame looks like it would be very easy to build. If you would like more info, dimensions, or pictures let me know.   It also gets you up off the floor a little.
KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 12:48pm
Thanks again for all of the replies!!

I haven't bought the Tique yet but there's a high probability that I will become the owner of one in the coming weeks (it will be my first inboard and first CC).

Pete and 78SkiTique, you both have great looking boats!!

Pete: Thanks for the input, I am for sure still learning about these boats. Most of the time I will just be hauling around my 5 yr old and my 9 yr old along with my wife so I don't think I will have a major overload issue as far as the rear seat goes. I am getting ready to turn 40 and I don't even know how to ski...yet...so in the beginning I will mostly be pulling the kids around on a tube.

78SkiTique: Thanks and yes I would like to see some pics of your seat (and interior in general) if you don't mind. Sorry for the problems you have had with your strut. I've been reading about your troubles and if it's any consolation to you, it helped me to know what to watch out for as I hunt for a boat. Hope you are close to having your boat going again!   

Kenny <>{
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2008 at 6:01pm
Kenny: I will send some pictures of the seat and interior. It will require the help of my 16 YO daughter to upload them. I had my boat running in the driveway last night with the NAV lights on. Can't wait to get it in the water. I hope you learned from my misfortune. You'll have to make sure nothing is bent in the drive line.   Good luck!

Skip
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 78SkiTique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2008 at 9:51am
Kenny: Here are some pictures of my rear seat and frame. It is out of the boat right now due to the repairs I'm working on. The frame is 4 inches high and the bottom cushion sits on top. The back snaps to the boat. There is a very little storage space under the seat.

Here is a shot of my boat running in the driveway with the NAV lights on. Do you think I'm anxious to get her in the water?

KennyA View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KennyA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:42pm
Skip: Thanks for posting the pics!! Hope you get her in the water soon, I haven't checked your strut thread lately but I am going to soon.
Kenny <>{
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic