NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

88’ New front Speaker Installation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 88’ New front Speaker Installation
    Posted: June-02-2008 at 6:09pm
Thanks to JR VIC and the new speakers that are coming my way I decided to utilize the ONE marine speaker that I had lying around (from a neighbor who went dumpster diving at a marine distribution center). I made a speaker box out of carbon fiber. I could have cut a hole in the arm pad on the port side (as I've seen some guy's do) but the as the saying round here goes ...." Keep it original!".... I did just that in redoing the front speaker.

...............OUT WITH THE OLD...........

............And IN WITH THE NEW!!!!.......

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 6:26pm
That looks terrific, Tim. Very clean, and completely reversable- cool! I may have to steal your idea when it comes time to do mine.

Oh, and Hollywood told me to tell you that he wants your old speaker so he can install it in his Caddy.
anthonylizardi View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anthonylizardi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 7:22pm
Really cool installation. Mine already has the hole in the pad.

How you build the box? I like the carbon color, how you finish it? Do you have pictures when you built the box?
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2008 at 11:56pm
Foot,Is that a stern light hiding under there?I have been looking for a storage place for mine.I am guessing a couple of spring clips like you would use to hold a push broom.The things you learn just by looking at this site amaze me.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 1:40am
Anthony.... I bent up some sheet metal in a basic box form. I made the legs bigger than what I actually needed. I then used several layers of carbon fiber material and layed them over the metal box I bent up. Cured the carbon fiber prepreg ( cloth with resin already in it) under a vaccum. Popped the box off the mold then trimed it up to fit contour of boat and trimmed down leg where I attached it the gunwhale. Sanded smooth then applied a thick coat of polyurathene. I drilled 3 very small holes to attach and installed with some stainless steel screws after picking up hole for the stud for vinyl covered plate.

No pictures of work in progress but I did save mold in case I need to pop out a few more.

Jimmy...... Yes, that is a stern light under there. It is attached with some plastic holders that are screwed into bottom side of gunwhale (or gunnel???). You should be able to get some just like it at a marine supply store or maybe even walmart. See attached photo for a better look.

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Towman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Towman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 2:34am
Tim thanks for the photo,great job on the speakers
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-03-2008 at 7:47am
Tim, I've got to say that you did a great job with lots of thought to the "keep it original". Certainly reversable!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic