NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thanks Rob and Dena!

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thanks Rob and Dena!
    Posted: June-09-2008 at 11:44am
Rleinen79 and his wife Dena hosted a CCF gathering this past weekend. We had a great time boating for two days on their turf, in the St. Joseph river (is that right?). We had all sorts of weather, from sunny and hot to torrential rain and tornado sirens. Good times. Stang72 and 2 of his kids showed up, as well as 81Nautique, Hollywood and Carolyn, and Rob's brother with his Martinique. I'll get some pics up soon.
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:18pm
Couple of highlights from the weekend:

- Joel drives the boat away at 30MPH with the anchor still attached to the bow eye (unknowingly).

- Loading the boats at the ramp with tornado sirens in the background and an apocalypse-like storm coming in- I was actually looking for the four horsemen as we pulled out.

- Towing a log the size of an alligator back to shore after almost running over it in Stang's 84 MC.

- Having a bonfire that could have probably been seen from the space station in Rob's backyard.

- Joel learns how to ride backward on trick skis, finally.

- Convoy of 4 boats/trailers driving in zero visibility rain to seek shelter at Dena's aunt's house during the storm.

Seriously though, lots of sunshine for the most part, lots of hanging out and swimming. Good times all around. Thanks again for having us!
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-09-2008 at 1:55pm
Never a dull moment when this gang gets together. Hugh thanks to Rob and Dena, hospitality was "outstanding". The living room looked like a refugee shelter sunday morning.

Not a ton of skiing as we fought 20mph winds all weekend but still had a awesome time just being on the water and catching up after a long winter.   I think all of us did more trick skiing this weekend than we've done in years and actually had a pretty good time even with the countless crashes.

Joel I missed your traffic issues saturday but if you had come out friday night you could have enjoyed a 2 hour drive in 40mph crosswinds, it was brutal white knuckle driving for quite a while. Hope to see everybody atleast once more before GL.

CCFans are the best people on the planet.
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 1:33am
Hopefully a great time was had by all. Thanks to all of you for making the trip out. Hopefully, we can make it some sort of annual summer kick-off event. Sorry Johnny and the BFN couldn't make it, but I heard from him today that she's running strong.

Definitely a first for me loading boats with the tornado sirens going off. I think we got the 3 remaining boats on the trailers in 3 minutes, tops. Got to love those inboards.

One of the highlights of the weekend for me was Sunday, as we're pulling the boats out (tornado sirens blaring, mind you) some A-hole in a mini van is backing his I/O into the water (and the grass, and the curb, etc). My wife, and Stang 72's son both tell him there's obviously a huge storm blowing in and he might want to reconsider. He pretty much tells them to go to hell because he's been waiting all weekend to get in the water, and he's going. Good luck to him.

Truly, as 81Nautique said, all the CCfans are great, great people. Haven't been disappointed so far. Those of you that haven't had a chance to get to a gathering, you have to do it.

Rob
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2008 at 10:24am
Great seeing everyone and a big thanks to Rob and Dena for hosting!

yep...you see it all right there on the ramps...I recon a person could just grab a lawn chair, camcorder and a cooler , sit there all day a watch the dumb as* activity roll in...and post it all on youtube!

Great weekend!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 1:27am
A couple of shots from the weekend. Looking back, I hardly took any. Hopefully someone else got some good ones.

Joel on trick behind the MC

Mrs Rleinen79 and Mrs & baby M3fan

Rob
M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 2:20am
Here's a few more pics: Indiana Gathering
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2008 at 12:15pm
Looks like the clouds broke enough to have a good time... Sorry I missed it. Hopefully I can make the fall gathering with you all....

Thanks for the pics..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 12:18am
Thanks for the pics...sure wish me and Patti could've been there to meet some more of the great C/CFANS. We ain't been disappointed yet meeting anyone.

Sure is a beautiful boat Alan.

Looks like a Stang sighting too.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 1:54am
oh yeah...that stang guy was there alright ...don't know why anyone would put up with him and his scurvey crew???

Hey John...how far is Panama beach from you??? One of my less obnoctious sons is down there for a week vacationing with other correct crafters!Is that close to you or any other Fla boys???

BTW...what is your Norris schedule??? We have a wild hair to go camping in Tenn...you never know who might drop in for a beer and a ride!!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-16-2008 at 3:31am
Would love to meet one of your crew but Panama beach is a long ways away. Up in the Panhandle and we are in the center of the state.

We will be at Norris about the 14th of July. Staying for 3 weeks. I'll have plenty of cold beer and always love to ride around in the '80!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic