Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

learning to barefoot

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 145146147148149 152>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 1:13am
Nice...

Bet it was good being back on the water after a few weeks off.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 12:00pm
Looking good. Oh and Im sure he is hooked now.
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by skutsch skutsch wrote:

Andy, I agree, any high performance outboard is tough to get set up right. Way more variables then an inboard. I have never paid much attention to the OB Sanger barefooter, but if I remember they have very little dead rise. Hopefully they are not designed like Sangers flat bottom drag boats. At least the mastercraft & malibu have a pretty defined Vee complete w tracking fins, they hold course with a boom very well.

The outboards have the same 16 degree deadrise and the delta pad which is a flat triangle sanger is a modified v which is why they ride so well. They've all got tracking fins but overcoming a worn out steering cable on an outboard is not easy...people think hey I got a sanger outboard so this is it...no it's got to be set up for barefooting or it'll be a flashy bass boat thatll run 65
This is the life
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by GlassSeeker GlassSeeker wrote:

The outboards have the same 16 degree deadrise and the delta pad which is a flat triangle sanger is a modified v which is why they ride so well. They've all got tracking fins but overcoming a worn out steering cable on an outboard is not easy...people think hey I got a sanger outboard so this is it...no it's got to be set up for barefooting or it'll be a flashy bass boat that'll run 65

Andy, good to know. Yeah, if I was going to keep this as a long term barefoot boat, definitely would buy one of Kevin's slightly used motor's and junk that old steering (what ever it might be) and replace it with the Sea Star Pro hydraulic steering. Then Prop this thing to run about 55 mph, and you could probably pull people's arms off!
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-19-2016 at 8:24pm
Oops I left out what it was the same as...the sanger inboard...I prefer the inboard and havent met an outboard that I couldn't take full throttle deep water starts now the inboards they can pull harder quicker and launch you to speed...so calling a medium out of the hole becomes advisable
This is the life
lcgordon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lcgordon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-12-2016 at 11:18am
Here is a mostly barefoot 2016 crash video my buddy adam made. Its pretty good.

2016 Crash Video
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 2:04pm
finally i got my second back toe hold!
firts was at the WBC a couple of years ago!
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 2:05pm
not to much action here!! come on summer!!!
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 2:06pm
Facebook and instagram are sure taking part of the action...easier to post i guess...
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by kapla kapla wrote:

Facebook and instagram are sure taking part of the action...easier to post i guess...

Sadly I agree - good looking toe hold!
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2017 at 4:10pm
I feel guilty my self, been little lazy to post on ccf,

fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2017 at 12:06am
Nice work. Glad to see this thread bumped again!
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 3:28pm
Two seasons and well north of 100 tries since my first successful LLBD start, I am finally getting almost somewhat slightly consistent.. This is from a week or so ago. Thanks to Greg's always awesome driving and great videography and color commentary by special guest Adam Deen. (yes Adam, to answer your question, you did a great job with the camera)

So my starts are somewhat consistent but I am still squirrely once up, which either leads to a fall or me pussing out in fear of falling. Greg told me after his last session, which I wasnt at, he was going to buy himself a pink shirt for pussing out on an otherwise solid run. I thought instead, I would just buy one of these for the boat and every time one of us pusses out, we get to wear it.

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 3:38pm
I like it -
Don't know about the awesome driving but things are certainly looking like and feeling as though they are coming together.
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 5:30pm
Bravo! Nice work. The weather finally let up and we went out a couple of times this week. I will need that pink hat if my feet keep bruising from lack of water time. The pussification of America is real everywhere! Ask my nephew who blew out the front hard, and came up bloody.....(nose)....jumped in the boat and said "I'm Done"
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 5:31pm
Also, Good to see this thread alive again. Thanks.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2017 at 6:09pm
So I will start out by saying the lake is up 2 to 0 with me and GoPro devices..... All my fault and the real bummer was the second one was Kristin's and required replacement (the new BF Suit is now on hold). With that said I am still trying to figure out GoPro #3 but have purchased a new tower mount and feel we are somewhat more secure at this point. Unfortunately the GoPro's do not have a zoom feature but below is a short clip of one of my starts last weekend.

I would echo Larry's comments that I feel as though my starts are improving - and improving simply by getting my feet on the water as soon as possible. It probably did not hurt by spending 2 FULL days with Ben Groen a couple of weeks ago where I did nothing but work on back deeps.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 2:28pm
KR tumble up attempt

We're really enjoying our new to us boat. Still got some fine tuning to do on my boom setup, but despite that, we're still having fun.

My 12 year old can foot directly on the boom confidently on shoes and a little less so w/o.

Nonetheless, she wants to progress to the short rope.   Video above was one of her first attempts.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 2:49pm
The tumble up start really requires her to be able to pull herself to the point where the handle is at her hips - that takes a LOT of strength, you can see how she struggles.

I am sure many will disagree, but I firmly believe, it is easier and better to learn the deepwater start even on the short rope. This may seem more difficult but is really better to establish the muscle memory now so that when she wants to transition to long line out behind the boat it will be easier.

Here is a good video showing how to do a "deep" on the short rope (this is my daughter from a few years back):

This was on her first day learning, probably second set. But the second attempt on the video shows THE classic from: Nice stable butt glide, transition to a VERY stable 3 point (riding butt and two feet), finally gently pushing up to the barefoot position and skiing it away.
Swatkinz View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swatkinz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 3:08pm
Excellent video, Steve. Thanks for sharing. I'll have my daughter watch it.
Steve
2011 Sport/Air 200
Excalibur 343
2017 Boatmate Tandem Axle Trailer

Former CC owner (77, 80, 95, 88, all SNs)

Former Malibu owner (07, 09)
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 3:40pm
I thought maybe you let go from hot foot Larry.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 3:48pm
Nice work Greg and Larry. Keep after it, consistency will come.

Larry, you seem plenty tall and narrow right off the bat. Try staying a little more defensive (wide and low) until you're stable and comfortable. You might also be a bit fast... try 34-35 until you're more comfortable.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 5:03pm
Agree with Steve. Next step is DW start, not tumble up. Kevin. Can't blame me. Gregs clip is from the day after my trip up there. Different driver, tho I see nothing different from my pull. Tim, you probably aren't too far off as the prior two. Starts ended in out the back neck crackers. On the runs I do wuss out on I feel like my chin is only dropping 6 inches before it his the water so I feel like I am too low. Next step is figure out how to swing outside the wake. I am sure I can get a smoother ride in the curl. However I am still in survival mode back there and don't have much/any control
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 5:22pm
If you're fighting a particularly turbulent spot in the table on a particular boat, adjust rope length to get away from it. I would not be attempting to maneuver to the curl if you're not in control- that's asking for trouble.

Dumb question- your eyes are open, right?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 6:45pm
I agree with the rope length idea. when I watched it looked like you are making your move about the same spot as the prop wash starts.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 7:25pm
Steve W - good to see your daughter back at it. Forget the stick and ball sports. Another thing that is not helping her is the chine spray - hopefully the deep up will eliminate this for her

Steve K - sweet video and nice 3 point. You fellas and your videos / music

Bill - you sound like Scott Monahan ...........think we need another 10' on the rope. I will add another section and see what happens. Think that will put us at 110'.....Pretty soon the boat will be in VA and we will be calling on the phone to HIT IT

Tim - Larry is at 36. Perhaps slower is in order.......
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
skutsch View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skutsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

You fellas and your videos / music
- HA!

For Inspiration (and the last run is text book deep water on the boom rope)

OH and their is NOTHING like driving for a world champion skier, I am lucky to have gotten the chance with Elaine. And lucky to drive for another National champ on a regular basis, our very own esteemed member - Hollywood.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 8:32pm
If you saw any of my barefooting in the last week you'd think it was my first. Not staples in the head bad, but bad.

You can also shorten the rope and go slower to find a smoother spot in the table.
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Dumb question- your eyes are open, right?

not a dumb question at all........one day Eddie sez..."are your eyes open?" I said...gee not sure....when I concentrated on eyes and really 'seeing' something.....I improved.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
kytom2 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kytom2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2017 at 11:55pm
Jbear.....Karen says,,,,,don't look at your feet.....lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 145146147148149 152>
  Share Topic