FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Group Buy – Replica #2,#3 CC Trailers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Group Buy – Replica #2,#3 CC Trailers
    Posted: June-13-2008 at 4:51pm
We are testing the interest for new replica #2 and #3 Correct Craft trailers being supplied by Sun Fun Marine Sales of Columbus, OH.

We have worked out a 20% discount on these trailers for an initial order of four(4). If this test proves successful, there is the potential for a long term partnership between Sun Fun Marine and CCF.

Group Buy Details:
Model #2 or #3 Correct Craft replica inboard trailers with a retail price for ‘standard’ trailer - $2495.00 plus delivery charge of $124 to Columbus, OH.

20% discount to CorrectCraftFan.com Members in groups of 4 trailers - $1,996 (‘standard’ trailer) plus delivery charge of $124

Total discounted price for a ‘standard trailer’ - $2,120 (pickup in Columbus, OH)

Standard Trailer:
#2 or #3 trailer with carpeted bunks, flat style bow stop (as pictured below), lights, wheels, tongue, custom color and painted on pin-stripes

Not included: boat guides (as pictured below), prop guard, loop style ‘tall’ bow stop, tongue jack, winch stand and hand winch

Optional Add-ons:
Tongue jack (welded on): add $39.95
Boat guides (as pictured): add $99.95
Bow stop with winch stand (includes bolt-on winch and strap): add $189.90
Prop guard (weld-on): add $99.95
Loop style ‘tall’ bow stop: add $259.95

Please allow three weeks from group order for delivery to Columbus, OH.

To become a part of this group buy, please contact

Mike Smith
Sun Fun Marine Sales, LLC
2845 Brice Rd.
Brice, (Columbus) OH 43109
phone: (614) 755-2600
fax: (614) 755-3800
email: Mike@SunFunMarine.com
web: [ul=http://www.SunFunMarine.com]www.SunFunMarine.com[/url]

Trailer Photos ('standard trailer' with optional boat guides'):

All trailer questions should be address to Mike Smith.

Thank you,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-13-2008 at 5:15pm
I'm considering ordering a trailer. When I compared the cost for a custom trailer and the time and cost to refurbish an original, this option makes sense for me.

If these trailers can be stacked so more than one can be pulled at once, I'm willing to try and work out delivery logistics as I travel through IL and WI. I could even bring the trailers to Green Lake if this would help people out (assuming they would be ready for pick up on 7-5 or 7-7.)

Lastly, I'd like people to chime in with their opinions on the trailer. Many of you know waaaay more than I do with trailers of this design.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2008 at 10:56am
Steve,

First impression is that someone has spent a lot of time to try to build a pretty decent replica of the original. There are a few things that are different maybe for ease of fabrication but all things considered not bad.

First note is that it is not a drop axle so the boat will sit fairly high. Good or bad is up to you as you may be able to go without the added cost of a prop guard but it will impact your loading.

The fenders are not correct but I'm sure that's because the rounded are off the shelf items and less expensive to buy than build. It looks like a bit of a hybrid between an older 70's trailer and an early 90's because of the fenders.

They did go through the trouble of bending the main channels as opposed to just making a V bunk, the hull sits so much nicer this way.

Not a big fan of the rear guides but they will work. The way they've mounted the angle front and rear of the fender frame will allow for a nice step platform. Overall build quality from looking at pictures really seems to be pretty good. One thing I think is odd is it looks like the coupler is welded on instead of bolted, makes change out for replacement or upgrade to brakes pretty difficult if needed.

Pricewise I think it's ok with the group buy price but if you add the better bow stop, trailer guides and prop guard it starts to get up there. If I were in the market for a trailer I would have to give this serious consideration. You have to keep in mind that almost any used trailer you find could cost upwards of a grand to strip, paint, rewire/lights, bearings, tires,   it's easy to spend money when restoring anything.
Bob's2001 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob's2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2011 at 2:07am
Any one know if these trailers are still available?
Bob Ed
83 2001
storm34 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote storm34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2016 at 1:03am
8 Years has past - anyone buy one of these?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic