Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

swim platform brackets needed

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: swim platform brackets needed
    Posted: June-23-2008 at 5:39pm
I am the proud new owner of a 1975 Ski Nautique and need the left rear bracket for the swim platform. Paul ptellarico@nbalawfirm.com
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 2:20pm
Paul, Aftermarket brackets are available but you would need to get all three. One left port side bracket may be hard to find. Also, swim platforms weren't a factory item until 78 or 79 so there aren't to many out there that match the 70's hulls. I would suggest you take the starboard side off and get it to a metal fab shop so they can make the mirror image bracket for you.

What happened? Did some one back into something?

Welcome to the site but we are all curious - post some pictures!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 2:42pm
Thanks Keith. I was thinking about fabricating one. I guess I was looking for the easy way out. I don't know how it broke, it looks like old age. The platform is in good shape so it must not have been too hard a hit. I have attached the pictures I took before I aired up the trailer tire and hauled it away. I was told it ran three years ago. I will post pictures when I complete the restoration. I hope it comes out as good as many of the boats I have seen on this site. Paul

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 3:47pm
Paul, For some reason your pictures aren't coming up. Try it again and use the "preview" before posting to check it out. We'd love to see the work you put into it.

BTW, I can tell one thing about your posting of pictures! Use the "enter/return" key between each post of the pictures. This will stack them from top to bottom rather than side to side. It just makes the thread easier to read because when pictures are side to side, the thread becomes wide and you have to keep scrolling left and right to read it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 5:50pm

75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by 8122pbrainard 8122pbrainard wrote:

Paul, Aftermarket brackets are available but you would need to get all three.

If you can'f find one to match, the aftermarket ones to which Pete (not Keith?) refers can be seen at alloy marine

Also, boat doc, on this site is a rep for them and can get you a good price. You will have to provide some measurements (swing in or out angle and transom angle.)

Also, swim platforms weren't a factory item until 68 or 69 so there aren't to many out there that match the 70's hulls.

Actually I think it was late 70s wasn't it?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Also, swim platforms weren't a factory item until 68 or 69 so there aren't to many out there that match the 70's hulls.

Actually I think it was late 70s wasn't it?

Wow!! Larry thanks for catching my typo. I changed it . I guess I've been thinking too much about the good old 60's lately!

Paul, Just like Larry said, It was the late 70's with the swim platforms.

I see you got the pictures up! Have you put together any plans yet on the restoration? Keep in mind that we're here and there is no such thing as a stupid question!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Tellarico Tellarico wrote:

I will post pictures when I complete the restoration. I hope it comes out as good as many of the boats I have seen on this site.

Nice platform to start with! But,No Way!... dont wait til its done to post pics. We want to see the whole process! Are you planning on an original restoration?
Good Luck!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2008 at 8:26pm
Thanks guys for all the help. Sorry to Pete, I guess I was reacting to the email from Keith telling me I had a response. I do plan on an original restoration and will have many questions along the way. I started with the motor which turned over yesterday after soaking in Mystery oil for two weeks. I am waiting on the new distributer cap before I crank it up. I pumped out some very nasty old gas and changed all fluids. I have a new steering cable ready to go on. I will need to replace the floor behind the motor, all carpet and new upholstery. My dad already replaced the teak slats on the step on the gunnels. They look pretty cool. I want to make sure it will run well before I do all the pretty up stuff.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-03-2008 at 8:08pm
Hey Tell,
I've got a set of brackets from a 76' SN. Should work. Let me know if you're still interested...

Moj'
d.dorsen@worldnet.att.net
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 5:27pm
Yes I am intrested! Please send pic and price. Mine are fiberglass and I mostly see metal? ptellarico@nbalawfirm.com Thanks,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic