NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Top 10 reasons to signup for GL?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Top 10 reasons to signup for GL?
    Posted: June-26-2008 at 11:20pm
Seriously, anyone living within a few hours should really consider coming out for the weekend or at least a day.

Top 10 reasons to sign up for GL.

10. Food, grub, nourishment - 2 reunion dinners and bonus BBQ at Raindog's compound.
9. Boats - from the 50s, to a brand new ride from the factory.
8. Barefooting - the PLBC guys promise to bring their pink wetsuits.
7. Adult Beverages - nothing like Shotski at the Goose Blind.
6. Babes in Bikinis - well, at least if the weather is warm.
5. SWAG - giveaways, drawings and raffles
4. Characters - Reid "I own 1000 boats" Pinkham; Pete "I still own my original underwear" Brainard; Chris "I can live on beer alone" Quinn; Joe "I rebuilt my entire boat last night" Fennesy; Tim "Propellor Man" Benjamin; Steve "what do you mean you only have 3 project boats" Workman; the list goes on and on . . .
3. Families and kids - they will have as good a time as you do.
2. What else are you going to do the weekend after a holiday.
1. It wouldn't be the same without you.

BKH

Livin' the Dream

Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-26-2008 at 11:47pm
Good job Brian!!

Lets see a final sign-up push

PS - Lets hope for a really warm wk-end. It was cold last year

Billy - the water never will be as warm as LA water. I'll take the LA water. Us old guys like to slow down and enjoy the warmth. You know what I mean.
Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 2:21am
LMAO....Good one Brian!!

you forgot a character tho... what about Paul "Check out my hull oramen.....ohhhh forget it" Waters.
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 4:35am
Knowing members are traveling over 1k miles just to go to some lake in WI with a couple old ski boats is pretty powerful IMO. It's not even about the boats, which are very nice, it's about meeting or seeing some of the guys and their

11. smoking hot wives.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 4:55am
Brian...is making a third trip from Cal...folks comming from MA,NY,LA,NC,GA !!! The Maddman and Lisa came last year all the way from Fla....point is...there is a reason someone would travel that far!!!

Think about it!

You won't meet a better group people anywhere!

I will sum it up by quoting a friend of mine who is looking to buy his first Correct Craft(I am sure he will be there next year).

"Man , I have looked at those Green Lake pictures at least 2 dozen times and I don't even own a Correct Craft yet. We are going next year...they look like my kind of people".

If anyone is still on the fence...just DO IT! I promise it will be more than you expect!

See ya all there!

stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 7:43am
Very good Brian!! You are always very creative.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 6:28pm
TODAY IS "D" DAY.... Good to see the boat total beating the year prior yet again. It's always good to see new as well as old faces..

Thanks for the rally Brian. I know of one other guy with a Southwind that will spend some time with us while vacationing in the area with some friends.. I hope there are more lurkers that may be able to get away one of the days to participate in this fun weekend away....

"GL08' Or Bust"

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 6:56pm
Well, for those who are motivated by reverse
psychology, here are the top 10 reasons not to show up in Green Lake.

10. Watching barefooters face plant makes you hurl.
9. You're on a diet
8. You clearly don't make the decisions in your family.
7. Girls in bikinis are icky.
6. You prefer to hang out with the jetski crowd.
5. Stang's 5 year old can ski better than you do.
4. Embarrasing back hair.
3. At your lake, you have the coolest boat.
2. You have a fear of Cheese Heads
1. Let's face it, there's no good reason not to show up in Green Lake.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 7:51pm
Come on guys, your killing me. You've got all the B's covered, Boats, Bikinis, Beer, Barefoot'n, Brawts, Blondiegurl (oops, sorry, I don't think she's going))
We've got a regional show ski tournament that same weekend in Indiana. If I could have figured out how to drain the lake in Warsaw, I'd be at GL. Mother Nature has not cooperated.
Have fun, I know it will be hard not to.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 8:21pm
Steve Which lake would that be ?   My brother lives off of Armstrong in a subdivision called Sawgrass something . He sails on Wawasee.
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by tullfooter tullfooter wrote:

Come on guys, your killing me
Steve

Have a safe and successful tournament. But, feel guilty, very, very guilty. BKH
Livin' the Dream

boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 10:14pm
Brian, I have one to add to the list........

ASPEN
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2008 at 10:22pm
The light of my life Doc. We'll see how she does on the long road trip. The whole family is looking forward to the trip. BKH
Livin' the Dream

MaddMarxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MaddMarxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 1:44am
BKH...you forgot a few characters, I have an even tighter Pink wetsuit for GL this year(Hollywood) and, if I hit on a 1000 chicks eventually one will say yes (Marshall)                                                                                           
reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 2:19am
I've just busted so much of a gut reading this stuff, (thanks BKH and MM) that I may not be able to make it to GL now. As I told Keith while I was in GL last year, I've taken a many boating vacation in my life, with nearly all being centered around boats and boating, but few could approach the level of fun I had last year. No twisting of Laurie's arm required for a return trip. And Stang is dead-on in his comments above, in that the boats provide the common bond, but it's this group of incredibly unique and super people that make the trip worthwhile. It's very hard to describe, so anyone out there on the fence, you should still come on out and see what we mean.      
ReidP
1973 Mustang

tullfooter View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tullfooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2008 at 12:02pm
Pat
It's a small, 23 acre, private lake that a guy owns. It's called Hidden Lake. It's located at the corner of 30 and 15, just north of the city of Warsaw.

Brian,
Thanks for the support.
If we didn't have this tournament, there is no doubt that my family and I would be joining you clowns in GL. Quigs85SN2001 and I are on the same team and we talk about the reunion constantly. I know Brian(Quigs85SN2001), James(87BFN), and I would be heading that way, and we'd be dragging all the rest of the Michiganians with us.
Have fun, we'll be thinking of you guys.
Steve
Play hard, life's not a trial run.
'85 BFN
'90 BFN

White Lake, Michigan

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 2:35pm
Brian,

Nice job.....Maybe you should consider a motivational speaking job in your future?

See ya there and thanks for a swift kick to the people on the fence or worried about a little extra money spent for gas.......They should just take in cosideration all you southern guys and how far your driving.......IT'S WORTH THE TRIP AT ANY COST!!!!

see ya there....paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-01-2008 at 12:52am
Nouns, adjectives and verbs simply don't compare:

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-02-2008 at 12:07am
Let's not forget the first year...

Can't wait for another great year filled with more great memories.

Rob
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 3:28am
PAULS NEW HULL ORNAMENTS TO BE AT GL?!!?

Rumors have it that The Boat Dr has an inside-line on Pauls replacement hull ornaments. So heres a pic that Billy obtained of them......

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 11:27am
Is it too late to cancel?
Greg

86 BFN
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic