NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I value your thoughts

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I value your thoughts
    Posted: June-28-2008 at 10:15pm
Half heartedly and with reluctance I am looking for a personal water craft. I have located a couple: (NEW 05 Honda R-12) and used Yamaha GP1200R with 110hrs. Both with trailers $7900.and $3500. respectively I don't know JACK! Any input as to makes to avoid and models to research?
Thank you all for any comments
bj
hasbeenskier
uk1979 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uk1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 10:57am
I have a early GP1200 from new 1998, good Ski only thing I found battery if not used allot will go off and need a new one,If been standing a long time may be good to flush out the the 2 stroke tank and pump, as Its been said this can clog up and then fry the engine.
It may be just me but if you are down wind or around it a long time the fumes can give you a bad head, but the the sound of it on the lake is real good every one knows your there Loud.
Not sure if the one you are looking at is 2 stroke, can ski/wake of it but not big on weight so can pull it around on the rope,will jump out on a low wake, good hull shape so it will turn at speed but you may not a few spills will happen, if you are on the way off flick yourself off as you can get you foot locked between the hull and the seat, and you go one way and the ski and foot the other, the pain in you ankle or nee is not good, 6 months to get back into shape. So if you think your on the way off stile it and dive.

Roger.
Lets have a go
56 Starflite
77 SN
78 SN
80 BFN
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 12:41pm
hasbeen, i have a brand new unassembled in the Bomardier box, a 3D 110 hp, 787 cc.
$3000.00 buys it if you are interested,
no trailer but is shippable moter freight, with a title too...
Eric
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2008 at 1:18pm
If I were you, I would look at four strokes. Not sure if the models you mentioned above are or not, but I would rather change the oil once or twice a season that have to carry the mix oil around all the time and worry about it running out.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
bmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 10:51am
I've have a 1992 Sea Doo XP,still runs like a scalded dog.I have also ridden some of ther newer models.It is the only brand of ski you want to buy.
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2008 at 6:39pm
I have to agree with Brian about the Sea Doo. When i was a kid, my Dad bought a Kawasaki SS and a Sea Doo GTX (GTP?, can't remeber now, it was the 3 person model). They were both used when we bought them, but the Kawasaki was newer. We had nothing but trouble with the Kaw, and never one problem with the Sea Doo (except it sank at the dock once, due to our own mistake. Even then, we changed all the fluids, removed the water from the cylinders, and she was back to normal). I would highly recomend the Sea Doo.
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic