Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

prestolite distributor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
scerra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scerra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: prestolite distributor
    Posted: July-03-2008 at 9:26pm
Thanks to everyone for there advice. I bought a Mallory advance spring kit, P/N#29015 from summit racing catalog. I used there heaviest springs, seems to be working fine.

Thanks again
sc
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-05-2008 at 12:11pm
Interesting, What are your advance numbers? My Mallory came with springs strong enough to support the front end of a dump truck and was only getting 14 degrees of advance. I bought the same kit but certainly didn't use the heaviest ones. I don't remember what color they were but I now get 24 degress plus my base of 10 at 2600rpm. If you haven't checked the advance with a light I would do that as you might be leaving some free performance on the table.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-06-2008 at 12:43pm
Is there a hard stop on the advance weight travel in the prestolite? if so, is there a way to extend it? Mine tops out at 28 degrees @ 3000 RPM (idle = 10). My hunch is that it is not the springs limiting the advance, but the slots.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic