NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Midwest Reunion - Another great one!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 3:21pm
Greg, Too bad you didn't get a picture of Tim's tent on Saturday morning!! I understand there was something else on his tent that wasn't caused by the storm. Maybe that bottle of Beam had something to do with it!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by skicat skicat wrote:

Here is a picture of Tim's & Joe's campsite area after the storm came through Thursday night. I guess as strong as it was, it was not as strong as the Beam by
Joe's cooler!

Jim is a good friend to have standing by when your going to be sleeping in a wet sleeping bag...
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 11:19pm
Not much to say that hasn't been said. Next year, we'll definitely stay Sunday night as well. That seems to be the trend. What's one more vacation day to stretch out an unbelievable weekend?

My biggest thanks go to Keith, for the site, Mojo, for all the work, Raindog, for the party Thursday night, and M3fan for volunteering to install the new bimini top on my boat, since I was too chicken s#*t to drill into the gel.

Rob
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 11:29pm
Some of my favorite pics from the week:

Thursday AM

JBear and Mrs Jbear in my Expedition making their "not-so" surprise entrance Friday night

Skicat's Barefoot Nautique....very sharp!

Pete Brainards Tique and M3fans 2000

The Lake and JBear putting the boat on the trailer. Are Jbears lips blue?
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 11:35pm
My 97 SNOB and M3fan's 2000 at The Bayview

Thursday night storms

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 12:09am
As we bask in the afterglow....

Another fantastic event. I had the privilege to spend time with CCFer's from Wed through Mon and we still didn't have enough time.

Thanks to all who braved the elements to stop over at the cookout. At one point, we were worried that we would have to consume 3.5 tenderloins and 4 gallons of beer each. Realize we had as good of time hosting as you did attending. Mom loved having her house filled with people laughing and carrying on. The only bummer (aside for the intense rain cell) was we were so busy we didn't take any pics. If anyone has some, please send them over.

Big thanks to Keith and Moj' who do all the heavy lifting, to all the sponsors who support the event and to Dave Hendricks and Ken Maloon from Correct Craft.

Special thanks to Adam Wensink. We finally found someone capable of unseating the Jonas Brothers in our household! What a relief...

Lastly, here's to everyone else in attendance for making last week the highlight of my summer.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 12:24am
We did get the camera out for a few good ones:

This old 'dog learned quite a few new tricks thanks to BKH, Stang72 and Adam Wensink. Heldon still kicks my a** though.

Once again, 67nautique312 hit on every wife and once again, struck out completely.

A shotski with all CC Classic owners in attendance.

Saturday night closers.

The last casualty of the week:
PLBC View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 2:21am
Ditto to what has been said already. Candice and I had a nice time seeing everyone again as well as meeting some new people. Definitely not enough time to get to talk to everybody. Here are a few pictures, I'll try to upload the rest to the FTP soon.

A HUGE thanks to Keith and Dave for the time and effort put in. I cannot imagine you two would have thought this would be come this big, and hopefully bigger in years to come. Nice work on the apparel Alan!

The 2001 and the almost Mrs.

Some of Illinois' finest
M3FAN's 00, Our 88, Quinnjob's 05, and Alan's 81

3 people diving for keys that sank on a floaty

'nuff said

Thanks again Brian for my first surf session.

TRBenj, Johnny, and Hollywierd in their matching 198? neon barefoot suits.

All Dave's hard work paid off.

Helden, aka the CLAW Master, the vending dude had a big payday this week.

(could not get it to rotate)

Enjoy the rest of your boating season!
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 2:22am
A few quick shots from my camera....

Billy, Chuck ,Tina (Chuck's wife) and I discussing the reason southerners wear long sleeve shirts in the middle of summer?!

I'd be smiling also, if I owned this coool SN!!

Blind leading the blind?
Jbear giving Chuck advise on changing his ignition switch...

wish this was my collection!! (the parking lot at the Bayview Sunday morning...there were also 2 or 3 parked on the street)

Pinkham's posee heading home Monday am...

What a weekend!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
BuffaloBFN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuffaloBFN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 2:37am
Steve, that last shot of the little girl(your daughter?) crashed out in what looks like afternoon sun is a classic. When the kids are worn out...?!!?   LOL

Amy and I are enjoying the pics and are really sad we couldn't make it to the show. We've read and heard that it was more than a good time...CCFan is one over the top group!

And thanks for your own kind words!!!    
1988 BFN-sold

"It's a Livin' Thing...What a Terrible Thing to Lose" ELO
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 3:42am
Raindog....great photos...I guess you have to be a classic bast*rd to know the moment! Agreat moment it was too!What a line up!

To add insult to injury...the boys had a first lesson today and will have 3 or 4 more in the next few days...Heldon has only just begun kicking your ass(and mine)...he went pretty big today and his coaches say they will have him landing an invert or two soon...Loren learned two new inverts...the real ass kickin is comming!!!! But I will bare the ass as well!

Had a blast hangin with you!Come down this fall for sure right!

Had a blast with all!

Room booked for next year....Dah (sort of a no brainer)!

Love all the pics everyone is posting...sure see a ton of smiles!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 3:50am
Here are some more photos.

The BKH family stops at Mt. Rushmore on the Drive to Green Lake

De - Mrs. Raindog

Emily - Daughter of 81Nautique

Denese - Mrs. BKH

RLeinen

Aspen - Miss BKH, and I think Sydney - Miss Raindog

Aspen enjoying the cruise out to Norwegian Bay

Sidney (I think)

Dominique - Miss Raindog ( I think)

BKH Surfs - well, at least I tried to surf

Denese and Aspen Drive the boat

Keep those photos coming.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 4:35am
Reids cool Mustang...

Who's shootin who?

Keith and Dave (from CC) after the ride out to the bay in "nauta-cuda"..

Thats also the way I usually listen to Mrs. 62

Good food..GREAT company!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 4:45am
Brian...thanks for posting more smiles. Those two in the last picture....princess's #1 & #2...your toast buddy , they rule and you know it!
Mt Rush....ask me to tell a story sometime about drinking a beer while sitting on GW's head at wee hrs in the morning....believe it or not, it happened!!!I have never seen it in the day though

Thanks for towing your rig for sooooo long...put a smile on my face it did...super fine rig indeed!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 5:33am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

I kept telling my wife, "See these are great guys." Thanks to mother CC for making boats that have enough stories to get people from across the nation (and next year from around the world) to get together and continue the stories.

You can count on it!!
Even more so after reading all these great posts here...
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 10:16am
Kristof,

Looking forward to meeting you. I figure you may have some accent when speaking English, but it can't be much stronger than those wonderful Wisconsin accents!

By the way, you gonna tow your boat?

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
azeus17 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote azeus17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 10:48am
Dang! You guys sure have a way of making all of us that could not make it jelous!

After seeing all the good times I missed, I am already planning on making it next year, no matter what!

I mean, if Kristof can come from halfway around the world, I think I can make it from FL!
Boats:
Current: 02 SANTE
Sold: 89 Sport Nautique
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 11:06am
I had the chance to meet and have lunch yesterday with Mr and Mrs Jbear. They stopped just South of Atlanta while on their way to Tennessee. One of the nicest couple's you'll ever meet. After only 90 minutes with them Kim and I felt like we've known them for along time. They said they had a great time at GL and that Kim and I fit in with the rest of those whom the've met on the site. John said that we really need to do a South East reunion either in Fla or Ga next year. Looking forward to it and meeting more CCfanatic's.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by bkhallpass bkhallpass wrote:

The BKH family stops at Mt. Rushmore on the Drive to Green Lake

BKH

Brian,

The fact that you made that trip is amazing enough, but I've been on those mountain roads up around Rushmore. I can't imagine hauling the SAN around those roads. Well done.

Glad the trip was a great one for you.

And to everyone else at GL, glad you had a great time. Keep the stories and pictures coming.

Larry
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 12:20pm

Usually it the boats that blow up on these outings. This SUV looks like its starting out on its 1,100 mile journey running a little hot!

(either that or its bird crap on the windshield)
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 12:48pm
Larry,
I think its 400 miles of "bug-juice" on my windshield. Sounds like the NC crew made it home ok...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Luchog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luchog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 2:43pm
so, any tug races this year????? any winners???
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 5:54pm
Great time again. Not nearly enough though I missed talking to a bunch of people. Glad everyone made it to and from safely.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Kristof,

Looking forward to meeting you. I figure you may have some accent when speaking English, but it can't be much stronger than those wonderful Wisconsin accents!

By the way, you gonna tow your boat?

Chuck

Chuck,

I hope my accent isn't too bad, but you'll have to ask that question to JBear, as he already spoke to me on the phone...

As for bringing the boat... Still looking for sponsors to cross the Atlantic LOL... Now wouldn't that be a great CC publicity stunt ROFLOL (I would need a refueling ship following me tho )
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by BuffaloBFN BuffaloBFN wrote:

Steve, that last shot of the little girl(your daughter?) crashed out in what looks like afternoon sun is a classic. When the kids are worn out...?!!?   LOL

Yeah Greg, that is our little kid - Alex - 5 y.o.

That brings me to a larger point that isn't always obvious. The kids, wives and girlfriends have a blast along with the rest of us, especially as they get to know each other a little better each year. Our kids look forward to the reunion and have as much fun as I do. From what I saw, I think all of the other kids, even the teenagers, had a really great time.

Maybe Keith needs a special forum for the ladies - a "Women's Asylum". They can trade tips on how to stay dry and warm in any pre-1990's CC, how to drag your husband away from the damn computer, how to spot new boat parts entering the house, etc.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 12:44am
It was quite a journey Larry, but we enjoyed it (at least I did). I can say it was quite a load pulling the boat over the Sierra Nevadas, Rocky Mountains, and the Black Hills. When I do it again, I hope to have the 82 Ski Nautique completed which will be a much lighter boat to tow. BKH
Livin' the Dream

rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:01am
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

how to drag your husband away from the damn computer

I think my wife might be the first to post in that one

Rob
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:16am
Keep the pics coming. Looks like it was a great time. What's the deal with the engine boxes being tied up? I've never seen that done.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 1:38am
Engine boxes tied so they don't rest on the back seats. BKH
Livin' the Dream

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Maybe Keith needs a special forum for the ladies - a "Women's Asylum". They can trade tips on how to stay dry and warm in any pre-1990's CC, how to drag your husband away from the damn computer, how to spot new boat parts entering the house, etc.

Raindog, great idea--but let's not get to overboard with how to spot new boat parts entering the house

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic