NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Midwest Reunion - Another great one!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
Author
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

how to drag your husband away from the damn computer

I think my wife might be the first to post in that one

Rob

If she calls you due to labor pains, do not say "I just need to finish this post and I'll be right there". You'll never live to hear the end of that one.

You a Pops yet, Rob?
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 3:16am

You a Pops yet, Rob?

Getting close. Due date is Aug 10.

Rob
rleinen79 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rleinen79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 3:26am
Pics are going up a lot slower than I thought they would....who's holding out on us?

Friday AM

Sat at sandbar Alans 81 and 2 pyramids:
L to R Quinner, Johnny, Tim Benjamin, 81 Nautique,Lauren (stang72's son), and Todd Weitkamp

Oops, 81Nautique is down

One is better than nothing

Second try

M3Fan View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 10:43am
Originally posted by rleinen79 rleinen79 wrote:

You a Pops yet, Rob?

Getting close. Due date is Aug 10.

Rob

I think I speak on behalf of all of us who have kids- enjoy these next couple weekends of true, restful sleep. Truly. Relish and enjoy the sleep because it will literally be years before you sleep like this again. I really miss sleeping in and never being awoken at night. Madison woke up today at 4 AM- that train's never late!
2000 SN GT40 w/99 Graphics/Gel
2016 SN 200 OB 5.3L DI
https://forum.fifteenoff.com

NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 10:41pm
This looks like it was a great time. Is anyone that attended going to Smith Mountain Lake 8/2, 8/3 for the PN reunion?
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
65 'cuda View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 65 'cuda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-20-2008 at 1:03am
Thanks to Keith and all the members and sponsers who made this event possible. This was our first but will not be our last. The term "reunion" really fits, the people we met and the friends that we made really did feel like family. We had a great, great, time and are looking forward to it again next year. Some pics:

tachyon View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tachyon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 2:57am
Wow! What a great time we had at Green Lake! I really enjoyed getting to meet everyone out at the sandbar & loved checking out the boats too! Both my wife & I commented on how friendly the whole group was & we really enjoyed meeting all of you!

Can't wait to come again next year & I'll be sure to bring a few more Super Deluxe Boom Mounts for the raffle! I have a few more products up my sleeve that should be ready over the winter, hopefully I can offer more to this fantastic group!

We tried to get to the sandbar on Sunday, but after pounding the 3 foot? rollers heading out (reminded me of the most dangerous catch on the discovery channel!), we decided to pack it in & head home...did anyone make it out there on Sunday? I've never seen waves so big on a lake!

Thanks again guys, can't wait to come again next year!

-Rick
Manufacturer of the Super Deluxe Boom Mount!

www.tachyonmotorsports.com
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 3:15am
Rick...several of us did brave it though the big and nasty! It turned out to be well worth the tough ride over...the bay was calm and skiable as long as you did'nt go out too far...it layed down a bit as the afternoon went on...another good time! Sorry you missed that one!
Glad you made the trip and plan to attend next year!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 1:33pm
Hey all,
Just back from GL....
What a wonderfull week on "Flat", calm Green Lake... As usual the lake calmed down after everyone left.... Just have to come out all week people !!!

Anyway, what an amazing event... I can call it an event now.. Cooking brats for over 100 people is an "event" hahaha..

I'm glad everyone had such a great time. Seeing people get together from all corners of the country to meet and spend time with is worth it all... Keith has some work to do trying to top GL08', becasue I'm not sure it can be done...

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand with the tent and grill etc. It was again, most appreciated !!!!

I've got some good pics as well that we'll get up and out as soon as I can...

Da Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 4:02pm
No question every year this event continues to one up the prior years success. It was particularly great for me having Maddie there this year, she had an absolute blast and is still talking about all her new friends and the great time she had. Thanks to all who attended and a special thanks to the sponsors, organizers, friends and families, hope to see you all again in 09' or a time or two in between.

Start posting your pic's cause I did a really poor job of taking my own.
Kristof View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kristof Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-23-2008 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Mojo Mojo wrote:

Keith has some work to do trying to top GL08', becasue I'm not sure it can be done...

Oh, but Moj', it'll be international next year LOL
- Gun control means: using BOTH hands!
- Money doesn't make one happy, but when it rains cats and dogs, it's still better to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle...

Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 8:23pm
I had a chance to speak with Ken Meloon last week. He once again told me of what a great time he had and the wonderful impression the event had on him. He is doing his best to join us in Lake George as well this September.

Ken provided the following quote which I'll be adding to the reunion pages shortly.

"I have been to many Correct Craft owner reunions over the years in Ohio, Texas and Florida at various theme parks, but the Green Lake, Wisconsin reunion was extra special in that we were able to spend time together on the water enjoying our Correct Craft boats. It was like a walk down memory lane for me in that I saw Correct Crafts from the early 60's to present day. I hope to be able to attend again next year and plan to bring my 1975 CC Mustang to share in the fun." -Ken Meloon, Chairman of the Board, Correct Craft, Inc.
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 8:29pm
That's super Keith. Good guy. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2008 at 8:50pm
Keith,
Great impressions only happen once.. That's very cool. Looks like Quinner can't do the "peeing Tin man" routine again... Shoot..

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-31-2008 at 10:40am
Not a good start.....

tim and boat Dr

tim and PLBC clan

Meet and greet Friday night

meet and greet

set up for meet and greet

time to eat

One nice CC

Mojo working hard to feed everyone

one of Mojos boats

Marshall's boat

Brian(BKH) mrs bkh and daughter

Boat Dr and Boat nurse

Party on!!

What's up Mojo

Adam performing

Keith starting off awards get together.

Mr meloon giving a speach.

Steve and mojo.... I'm working on the new hull ornaments....LOL

Steve and dave

CC group at the Goose Blind

One more.

I have more but didn't know how many would fit on here......I had a great time and many thanks again to keith and Mojo for everything!!You guys are the ***************!!!!!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
dmiracle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmiracle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 6:38pm
Looks like a great time was had by all. Wish I could have attended.

Keith - I keep checking the CCF store for 2008 reunion t-shirts. Will you be offering them for sale again this year. My 2007 shirt has gotten a lot of use at the lake on weekends.

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2008 at 6:41pm
Enjoying the pictures, I did not get the camera out once all weekend.
74SkiNautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 6:47pm
Who decides where the reunions are?
74SkiNautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 8:26pm
Chris, we can have one at your house.All you gotta do is "INVITE"............
But we gotta have a place to stay, loads of food, a nice lake to boat in, warm water, clear sunny days and did I say LOTTSA FOOD, and WARM WATER.
If you want to invite us all over to your house just pick a date.May not be as big as GREEN LAKE but you gotta start small.
BTW where the hell are you??????????

WE WILL COME................Boat dr
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by 74SkiNautique 74SkiNautique wrote:

Billy sorta has it right.....

Green Lake actually started about 3 1/2 years ago when 4 really cool guys on the site found out they only lived a few hours away from each other. (one had a summer home in GL) Its rumored that they "just wanted to get together" some weekend. This made others on the site very jealous and they also wanted to be included, so it was opened up to accept anyone with a Correct Craft.

Well, it kinda got carried away and people came from near and far to see what all the fuss was about. They had so much fun that others thruout the country (at least some NewEnglanders) decided they too would do this and started the re-union that is now held at Lake george.

So you see, you too could start one.....(now enter what Boat Dr said!)

BTW, GREAT looking SN you got!

ohhh, and Billy get your glasses out ... look under Chris' avatar for his location!!

64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2008 at 10:06pm

Welcome to the site 74. Great looking boat you have. I see in your profile that you had to do a little work to get it running. And, I see that you are a 15 year old that likes to ski with your dad.

Good for you! Some of your best memories are going to come from that boat.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2008 at 2:50am
Originally posted by The Lake The Lake wrote:

Welcome to the site 74. Great looking boat you have. I see in your profile that you had to do a little work to get it running. And, I see that you are a 15 year old that likes to ski with your dad.

Good for you! Some of your best memories are going to come from that boat.

Chuck

Well, my dad was a truck driver, and he owned his own 1987 Peterbilt 359 Classic! Times change and he decided to sell the buisness, and get a job (still as a driver) but employed at Frito-Lay. Correct Craft has always been in the family, my grandpa has a 1989 Ski Nautique(link to follow). Since we live in Va, and my grandpa lives in NY, we only get to use it about 2 times a year!
   That all changed when my Uncle(My dads brother) found this boat as a surprise to help him get over the selling of his Dream Truck! It was located on lake Erie in Sandusky, OH, some 500 miles away. I was 10 years old at the time, and we drove up there and my dad saw the potentialof this boat. Due to my age, I thought a boat is a boat! I now have very different views on that! So, the thing ran like CRAP! But my dad can fix almost anything, and he really did a good job!
   We had to redo the ignition system, and the accelerator pump on the carb, and really that fixed the major problems. Of course, little bugs here and there. We just added 8 new plugs and cleaned and gapped the points.
   It has a swim platform which was added by the previous owner. We always trailor it, and as long as the engine is strong, this boat has many more memories to be made!
   We live about 30 miles from Smith Mountain lake. It is 40 miles long, and full of the best coves for skiing! I am seeing more and more Correct Crafts on this beautiful lake. I would love to have a reunion here but it's a LOT of work!

-Chris

My Granpas '89    

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=906&sort=&pagenum=1&yrstart=1989&yrend=1989
74SkiNautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2008 at 3:17am
Hi-ya Chris: Really enjoy your posts! Always a story about these awesome boats.

I skiied on Sandusky Bay for about 30 years with the West Shore Water Ski Club. I knew most of the Correct Crafts there. Do you remember who you guys bought it from? BTW...beautiful boat. Kinda refreshing to see a young guy who enjoys an older ride...not needing a loud (music) wake boat.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74SkiNautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-10-2008 at 5:24pm
   We bought it from a young man named Ryan Wailey. He had to move to Colorado and could not take the boat with him. I'm glad he didnt!
   I know what you are saying about a Loud MUSIC Wakeboard boat. I am a slalom skier, and proud of it! Our boat does have a custom stereo but we are not permitted to let it go loud enough to interfear with the engine's sound! Nothing like Straight pipes on a V8!
74SkiNautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2008 at 2:09am
Chris: Small world. Knew Ryan and his Dad for many years. Not really friends...but would see them out on the Bay nearly every weekend. Thanks for the memory.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-11-2008 at 10:41am
Steve, (62wood),

Actually how the whole Green lake reunion started.....Stang and myself started a thread about getting together in Mo. and having a classic reunion......Well a ALOT of the other guys showed interest in having a reunion for all CC's so two of our Main representatives (Mojo, 81nautique) had the perfect place for it and really put forth alot of time to make it happen....and it blossomed from there into a full flegged Reunion

To see where it started Look at topic Classic owners Reunion   

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2008 at 5:12pm
Well, I have finally finished the 2008 Midwest Reunion slide show. I narrowed it down to just 224 photos but still think it does a great job of capturing the great time had by all.

Enjoy!

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2008 at 1:40am
Wow that musta been alot of work but thanks....was great to relive the wekend again thru the pictures.

Now all ya gotta do it top it with a show from Lake George!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 12:56pm
Keith, Fantastic job on the slide show!

BTW, every picture of jbear at the Friday meet and great I noticed he's got his legs crossed. Maybe next year we should have the function at the top of the hill - closer to the mens room for the old guy!!!

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-10-2008 at 5:18pm
Hey Guys,
I know that a handfull of you who attended the Midwest Reunion received youth size shirts by mistake. Well, Action Screen Printing (Alan, aka 81Nautique) was nice enough to print a few more Green Lake shirts. I'll be sending them out next week after I get back from Lake George.

I have most of the names but if you mistakenly received one of the youth shirts, please email me with your address and the size you need.

Thanks,
Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1234>
  Share Topic