NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Midwest Reunion - Another great one!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Midwest Reunion - Another great one!!
    Posted: July-13-2008 at 7:16pm
All I can say, is the GL reunion was another fantastic weekend. Great seeing new faces/meeting new friends and seeing all the many friends from last year.

My sincere thanks the all who made it great especially Keith and Dave who did all the work to make it happen.

I'm already looking forward to 2009!!

Next year maybe the wind will cooperate and not produce the rough water that we had. I don't think anyone came in off the lake yesterday that wasn't wet!! Today the wind was even stronger!!

I don't want to forget Steve's (rain dog) party on Thursday evening. It was a lot of work for himself and family and very appreciated.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Brady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-13-2008 at 8:53pm

Just returned from my first GL reunion, a great time. It was nice to meet so many CC Fans, and see so many great boats. My hats off to those responsible for this great event, as I know there is much work involved in making these thing happen. Thankfully all survived the severe weather.
Thanks for the invite Pete
Charlie
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
69 Barracuda
ripster92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ripster92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 2:14am
OH MAN!!! That was an awesome time. Got to meet some people that I didn't run into last year. Everyone was great to hang out with... sometimes longer than I wanted to. You guy's that are reading this, chances are, except for Pete and Brady, I think, didn't make it, but you should have!
1992 SN Black w/ Yellow
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 7:02am
Absolute blast, just some teaser photos from thursday on the water, try to come back and caption them tomorrow...

Rob and his beautiful SNOB, thanks for the pull and lugging my ski around for me Rob.

Alan (81Nautique) and family along with Brian Hall (BKH) and Family both boats were class winners and look even better in person, neither are trailer queens they did plenty of pulling over the weekend.

Chris Quinn Helping set up Brian Hall and Daughter Aspen for a two ski attempt behind Alan’s 81

Brian and Aspen after attempt 1.

Good view of the tow boat.

Steve “Raindog” Evens getting his girls up on the wakeboard with plenty of willing helpers, sadly I can’t tell which is Sydney and which one is Dom from the pics, so I won’t caption each one but they made great wakeboard strides this weekend. They still can’t splash for a darn though…

Aspen serving as spotter for a surfing run behind her boat

Alan’s son Adam in his first ever surfing session after conquering getting out of the wake

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Johnny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 3:16pm
What a weekend! This reunion just keeps getting better every year. It was great seeing so many familiar faces and meeting some new ones. Wish I could have stayed another day like a lot of people did.

Much thanks to Keith and Dave, you guys did a great job putting everything together and making sure things ran smoothly .

Can't wait to see everyone's pictures!
keegan99usa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keegan99usa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 4:52pm
It was great to meet all of you guys and girls! My wife just kept on commenting how nice and friendly everyone was. i sure wish the wind would have stayed away, but it was a great time and we are planning on next year for sure! Keep the pictures coming since that was one thing that did not make the trip (camera) It looked like there will be thousands of pics going by all the people with cameras.
Thanks for a great time everyone!
Dan
Is it Summer yet??
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-14-2008 at 7:04pm
What an amazing weekend with 37 boats and over 120 people! So many wonderful people along with so many great stories to tell about the weekend. I will be writing up a more detailed recap shortly but wanted to post a few highlights and photos as soon as possible.

Dave Dorsen (Mojo) did another amazing job of coordinating the facilities and rental equipment – and cooks a mean bratwurst! Steve Evans (RainDog) and family hosted a great party on Thursday night. They were amazingly generous entertainers, even through the crazy storm that hit during the party.

One of the many highlights of the weekend was a surprise visit from Ken Meloon on Saturday. Not only did Ken mingle with everyone, getting in the water, talking with people and signing boats, but he also brought his slalom trick ski and enjoyed a pull from Joel Hughes (M3Fan) – entertaining us all with some great skiing!

Adam Wensink ran the SAN 230 from 9am until 5pm, giving at least a dozen people free boarding and surfing lessons and wowed the entire sandbar with an amazing ride himself in probably the roughest water he’s ever seen!

Dave Hendricks not only represented Correct Craft at the event but was a tremendous help as well. A very special thank you to Dave for sharing his Correct Craft knowledge and for being a incredible help throughout the weekend.

Also, a big thank you to all the sponsors.

Below are a few photos. There will be a lot more to come. Thank you everyone for another terrific weekend in Green Lake!

Friday afternoon:

Saturday morning:

Ken Meloon:

Ken and I:

Adam Wensink:

Adam signing autographs:

Saturday night banquet:

Raffle prizes:

Ken Meloon speaking:

Rare Correct Craft parts/decals from Dave Hendricks:

Safe travels to everyone who is stil returning home. I understand the weather is perfect in Green Lake today - will make it even harder to leave...

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 1:56am
Well what can I say? What an AWESOME time! Sure the wind blew for two days...guess we missed the really bad storm thursday evening. But it was really not about the weather or the skiing...it was about meeting all you guys. What a pleasure to be able to put some faces with all the familiar names. And just as pleasurable to see some of the people we've already met.

Can't hardly start mentioning names for thank-yous as I am sure to miss someone. But I gotta mention Mojo for the great food Friday night plus all the legwork he does ahead of time.

Last but not least...where would we all be without Keith? This all started with him. You all saw how hard he worked all weekend. I hope he had as good a time as all of us had.

Thanks again guys for a great weekend!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 4:42am
WOW....words can not begin to tell the story...it was purely magical! It's that people thing!

Damn...jbear was there and I did'nt meet him? I did meet this John Berry dude who drove all the way from AZ....way cool dude he was!

A giant thanks to those who put such great efforts into making such an incredible event...Keith(for all you do),Mojo(for getting it done),Mrs.Mojo (for tolerating Mr. Mojo)Adam Wensink(for an incredible day on the water day...again), Dave Hendricks(for keeping us plugged into the mother company!),Raindog,Dee and Raindogs mom (for hosting a great get together and providing wheels for Keith),magicman Alan and Dana (for the cool T's and the awesome banner)....the crew at the Bayview ( for helping one another carry things to and from vehicles,loading boats and parking trailers), Sponsors!......the list goes on and on and on.....

Thanks to all for comming a sharing yourselves and families with one another!!!!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 9:39am
AWESOME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish i could have stayed another couple of days!

WOW.....All the boats, great people,Correct Craft sponsors, Ken Meloon,etc etc etc.......How could we possibly top this one?

Great to see everyone again and all the new faces.......wish i would have taken more time to get to know all the new arrivalls this year but then again there is always next year.

Thanks keith!!! wouldn't have been possible without you starting this whole thing.

Dave (Mojo).....once again you da man!

Steve....thanks for the get together at your place! Great time!

Looks like i'm gonna have to venture up to the Florida reunion and see what it is all about?

Thanks again and looking forward to see'n you all again soon!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 2:27pm
Patricia and I had a great time at GL again. This year, we got a chance to meet some new friends and catch up with old friends.

John, we were thrilled to finally get to meet you and Patty. It felt like we've know you forever. I heard from Patricia that you like my new shorts.

Joel/Beth, you two were fun to hang with. Thank for the pull on Sunday and allowing me to drive the 2000 SN. Got to get me one!

Rob, It was great seeing you again this year. I absolutely love the SNOB with the GT40. It handled great on Lake Michigan.

Matt, It was great meeting you. Love the bright red on your 2001. Stay in touch!

Brian, great seeing you again. Great chat at the Goose.

Mojo, sorry Patricia and I missed you on Sunday night. I crashed right after dinner. The 5:00AM wake-ups/footn'/skiing caught up to me. I was in bed by 8:00, out the door at 5:00AM to catch our flight yesterday.

Dave Hendricks from Correct Craft, thanks for spending hours chatting with me about Correct Crafts. We're talking about planning a factory tour within the year. I'll stay in touch!

To the rest of everyone, thanks for another great year. We're gearing up for Lake George in September.

Most of all, thanks to Keith for allowing all of us to be together at the CorrectCraftFan.com reunion. What an experience!

Ken
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 4:34pm
Congratulations to the 2008 CorrectCraftFan.com Midwest Reunion Award Winners

Below is a list of the this year's Midwest Reunion award winners, voted on by fellow attendees.

Best of Class 1969 and earlier:
Paul Waters (aka 67nautique312) - 1963 Classic

Best of Class 1970-1981
Alan Arrighi (aka 81Nautique) - 1981 Ski Nautique 20th Anniversary Edition

Best of Class 1982-1989
Matt Blank (aka 85nautiquematt) - 1985 Ski Nautique

Best of Class 1990-1999
Dan Dix (aka keegan99usa) - 1991 Ski Nautique

Best of Class 2000-2008
Brian Hall (aka bkhallpass) - 2001 Super Air Nautique 210

Best Engine
Billy Sutton (aka Boat Dr) - 1964 American Skier with a highly modified Ford PCM 302

Most Dedicated
Brian Hall (aka bkhallpass) - who drove 2,151 miles (one way) with his family and 2001 Super Air Nautique 210 in tow.

Best of Show
Alan Arrighi (aka 81Nautique) - 1981 Ski Nautique 20th Anniversary Edition

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 8:19pm
Another great year- huge thanks to Keith and Mojo for pulling this whole thing together! Id also like to personally thank JoeinNY (for putting me up on my trip out, the campsite, etc), Quinner, Ripster and Alan (for the pulls), Behl (for picking up and storing a Mustang floor pan for 3 months in Indy), HW (for letting me crash in his trailer when it rained), ReidP (for the prop) and Pete (for backing into my tail light ).

My only complaint was that the weekend was too short- I didnt see as many boats or talk to as many people as I would have liked. The boats were great, but the people are top notch- old faces and new all seemed like old friends. I hope to see many of you in NY this fall!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 11:27pm
A great time was had! Didn't get to see everyone,didn't take enough pic's,BUT I do exclusive pictures of the "Wild Mans" (62 wood) maiden launch of his "Ski Nautique" Barracuda!

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:45am
WHAT CAN YOU SAY?!!!!!??? ....Another GREAT Time!!

So many memories... Jbear's long over-do arrival... 9 guys "coaching"(with 9 different opinions) Cuck, "The Lake" while installing an ignition switch in his great looking 68 SN... the sight of seeing almost 40 CC's in the bay on Sat afternoon.... my newest boat, the 68 Nauta-cuda "winning" the write in vote for best redneck boat... giving Keith and Dave Hendricks from Correct Craft a wet-ride out to the bay on Sat( they got no pride?)... and on and on....

Again, A BIG thanks to everyone involved in making this happen!

btw Gary, thanks for the pics of the maiden voyage!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Behl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Behl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:53am
TRBenj

Glad you made it home. The floor must have made the trip home OK

Steve in Indy

Redone 1977 Ski Tique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:58am
Group shot at the campground

Tim's(TRBenj's) Skier

Marshall's Mustang

Rodney's H&M

Sadley on Sunday I saw Jbear with tools in hand,but I had no camera-
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 2:09am
The pic we didnt get was of Pete's smile after driving the Boat Dr's not-even-close to original 64!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 2:13am
Keith , I tip my hat to you again for the site and the hard work involved in keeping this site of misfits all on the same page. MoJo a bow to you for the food ,Them was some killer weenies.......
And a hand to Steve to open his home to all these CCFans.
Karen and I had a better time than last, renewed some old friendships and started some new,but a great time was had for all there.
The high light of her time was Ken Maloon signing the engine cover on "her boat".The wind was a little rough, the water a little cool,the boat show awsome,the awards top notch and the camaraderie unsurpassed .
It was a 2300 mile trip for Karen and I , but well worth the effort......Boat dr/Boat nurse.....
The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 2:48am
I'll jump in with all of you guys to express my thanks to Keith; what a great opportunity this site has been.

I finally got to meet Reid, who introduced me to my boat four years ago. I was also pleasantly surprised that collectively we are all younger than what I imagined, although not by much.

62 Wood, aren't you glad I hung around to make sure that your boat could get across the lake on it's maiden voyage? (Thanks for pulling me in.)

A big thanks to the Boat Dr. for getting me back on the water! What a joy to bounce like a cork on the seven sees.

I kept telling my wife, "See these are great guys." Thanks to mother CC for making boats that have enough stories to get people from across the nation (and next year from around the world) to get together and continue the stories.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 3:51am
Roger (Critter) asked us to post up a note when we got in - Well, we're finally in, back home in CA.

No need to repeat what's been said above. We had a great time, and we'll be back again.

BKH
Livin' the Dream

reidp View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reidp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 11:19am
Good deal, Brian. Laurie, the dogs and I pulled back in about 10 AM yesterday. We were caravaning with Jerry and Critter, but we had to pull over 3hrs from home and snooze for a while as those two rigs ran the 17-19 hrs straight.

I don't know how it happened, but in my opinion this year was even better than 2007!
ReidP
1973 Mustang

skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 12:21pm
I hear ya Reid. That trip home got pretty long. I made it back in about 6:30 Monday night & was beat all day yesterday. The good part was I made it home with no problems & a great time was had by all. Big thanks to everyone that put in a lot of time for the reunion.

Greg

86 BFN
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 12:30pm
Sounds andd looks like you guys had a great time as always. Mad that I missed it. Guess I have to sit and wait for all the pics to show up.
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 12:44pm
Looks like we've now heard from just about everyone that had a long trip home so glad your drives were uneventful.

Have to agree with everyone as this was the best one yet. Hugh thanks to Keith, Mojo and Raindog you guys are the best.

Now I'm Jones'n for some more pictures so lets get em up there.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:32pm
Here are a few more more photos:

These are from Joel :

Some more of my photos:

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 1:57pm
Keith,
Can you make a full res pic of the group available on the FTP site?

-Steve
skicat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skicat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 3:01pm
Here is a picture of Tim's & Joe's campsite area after the storm came through Thursday night. I guess as strong as it was, it was not as strong as the Beam by Joe's cooler!

Greg

86 BFN
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 3:14pm
Speaking of the FTP site .... Here are the directions for uploading photos from the 2008 Midwest Reunion.

To upload your images to the FTP server:
Click here or visit: ftp://gl08_uploads:ccf@www.correctcraftfan.com

Once connected, create a New folder:

Rename the folder with your name:

Double click on the new folder with your name (which will be empty) and then simply copy all your photos from your computer and paste them to the folder:

Then just let it run. Let me know if you have any quesitons.

I will be collecting all the photos and putting them together into a slide show and possibly a screen saver and/or a cool GL08 wallpaper image.

Thanks,
-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Keith,
Can you make a full res pic of the group available on the FTP site?

-Steve

Steve,
Great idea. I will clean up the high res version of the group photo, upload it to the server and provide a link. Most likely by tomorrow.

Thanks,
Keith

Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic