Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

CARB SPACER

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
77 nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CARB SPACER
    Posted: July-18-2008 at 2:45am
I'm installing an Edelbrock Performer intake on my '77 SN. I'm sure this has been covered before but I can not seem to find A post that discribes what I have.

Again it's A '77 with a 351W and it has the spacer under the carb with the pcv port. It has the origional 4160 Holley.

When I put the spacer on the new intake it will not seal. The carb mounting flange on the intake is thinner than the stock one so unless I turn the spacer upside down it will not seal. I do not think I want to run it upside down because the valleys in the spacer will eventually pool up with oil from the pcv.

I see Summit has an adaptor plate that looks like what I may need. I saw this on one post when I searched this topic but there was no replies after it was posted. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2732

I still have clearance with the spacer,(but not much) and would like to use it for performance reasons.

Thanks, Jeff.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 3:06am
One more question,

What has been done with mounting the coil back in it's origional location with the Edelbrock intake? It does not have the extra threaded hole for the second bolt on the coil bracket.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 10:59am
you have to have the adapter or it doesn't seal.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 77 nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 11:18am
79, The above mentioned one will work correct?

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-18-2008 at 11:26am
That is the correct spacer and you can modify your coil bracket slightly and mount it to an intake manifold bolt.
horkn View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horkn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-19-2008 at 9:00pm
Yes, you can use the edelbrock 2732 like I did, or use the summit brand one. Either way, they are basically the same price.

As far as the coil bracket, my 78 351w had the coil bracket on an intake manifold bolt to begin with. I am pretty sure the 77 is the same way as mine.

I did have to bend the coil bracket a bit to allow the coil to clear everything though. Since yours is a 77 and mine a 78 and we are using the same components, I can comfortably say everything went back toegther pretty smoothly. You should not have any issues either. I did need to modify my adjustment of my throttle bracket, but that was pretty much about it.

Well, minus the clearance of the flame arrestor with the PCV port equipped carb spacer. For now I just won't use the spacer and use the threaded hole in the back right runner for the pcv signal.
78 martinique- refloored, reinforced, stringers re glassed, re engineered interior
GT40P heads Edelbrock Performer intake acme 4 blade
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/horkn/fish/nautique.jpg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic