Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Correct Craft Script Emblems

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
Author
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Correct Craft Script Emblems
    Posted: January-15-2005 at 2:19am
I now have new white plastic w/black lettering Correct Craft Emblems. These are exact reproductions of 1978 Emblems. Cost per pair,$70.00 this includes UPS shipping.
Send check to Stan Christensen
          1668 N Baker Ave
          Ontario,Ca 91764
Include your shipping address with check.
Questions? E-Mail Rumstan@aol.com
           Or Call 909-322-8977   
Stan C
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-17-2005 at 9:50pm
Thanks for the pictures, they look exactly like the ones I'm looking for. Sending check tomorrow.

Thanks again, Steve.
captan1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captan1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2005 at 12:50am
Excellent quality, they look exactly size and color of the original ( broken )ones I had. Let me know if you make the script for the dash, I don't have one and don't know what it looks like, it appears something was there,, some holes from rivets I think. Thanks again, good job.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-27-2005 at 1:10am
Yes that would be nice to get the die cast chrome
Ski Nautique Script that had pins that held the logo on the dash , Does any one have one that could be remade ??
Mike
nates78ski View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nates78ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-01-2005 at 11:12am
I've got the die cast chrome Nautique for the dash in good condition.
Nathan
My '78 Ski Nautique

<a href="http://photobucket.com/Nates78ski" rel="nofoll
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2005 at 4:54pm
I just got my new emblems from Stan in the mail last night . They are perfect , excellent quality , Well worth the $$$$
Don't mess around buy a set of these for your
Classic Correct Craft !!!!
Best $$ spent , Faaaaaasst Shipment !!!!
Mike Thrower
(Nautique Frk )
Helping keep old Correct Crafts Alive)
JrCC View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-18-2005 at 2:11pm
Maybe you could do the same for the old style metal emblems just make the out of plastic and paint silver. I know I would buy a pair.
Bhedbloom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bhedbloom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-25-2005 at 11:09pm
Stan,

Do you know if they are the same as the emblems for the 1972 Southwind? Mine are shot and I need some new ones. If you have dimensions and photos please email to Bhedbloom@aol.com.

Thanks,
Barry
South Carolina
Barry, South Carolina
BrettB1 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-26-2005 at 5:55pm
How do you install these. I know they're riveted on.
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-27-2005 at 2:45am
Use 1/8 in. stainless steel pop rivets, it is best to use one a little longer and put a flat washer on the back side (this will prevent the rivets from pulling out through the hull)
Stan C
Stan C
BrettB1 View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrettB1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-13-2005 at 5:20pm
What kind of paint was used to paint the letters?
Stan C View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-14-2005 at 7:24pm
The black lettering on the emblems is a hot stamp process, a UV resistant foil is transferred to the plastic using a heated die.
Stan C
raygunclan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raygunclan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2005 at 4:52pm
can you post a pic on the thread?
thanks!
who needs a mortgage when you have a boat!?!?
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-26-2005 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by nates78ski nates78ski wrote:

I've got the die cast chrome Nautique for the dash in good condition.
collegian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote collegian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-31-2007 at 1:06am
Stan, I need a Correct Craft script emblem that is 9 3/4" long. It is for my 1957 Collegian. Can you help? Jay
fiddle-faddle60
84zz4ss View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 84zz4ss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-02-2007 at 6:22pm
Would these be correct for my 76 Nautique?
Thanks

Scott
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-05-2007 at 9:02am
Jay, The "emblems" you need for the Collegian, are they metal or are they painted on? If painted, I may be able to help.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
olebots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote olebots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-09-2007 at 1:30pm
Stan,
     We would like to see a picture of the emblems and the dimensions. We want to make sure that they will fit our 1974 Southwind.

Thanks
Ike

olebots@aol.com
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-15-2008 at 11:24pm
I wanted to bump this up because I just got off the phone with Stan- he still has several sets of emblems and has the ability to make more!

Pat, he mentioned that he hasnt forgotten about your reverse black/white emblems- theyre on his to-do list.

I saw a set of these emblems on ReidP's Skier this weekend and they look factory to me- I am ordering a few sets for myself.
Tellarico View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tellarico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 5:48pm
My check is in the mail. Paul
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-16-2008 at 10:02pm
Paul, shoot me an e mail with your phone #. I am less than 75 miles from you, have restored several Mustangs and own a '64 American Skier..........Contact me or send your adress ...........Boat dr
        1-318-386-2825
p/allen View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote p/allen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 1:59am
Thanks Tim , I just figured by now that he had given up . But I am glad that Stan has not forgoten about the reverse emblems . Thanks for the heads up .
I had forgotten about the conversations from the past weekend . I have been way to busy since we have been home .
Pat
My 72 Skier
Rock River
Dixon,ILL.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 11:50am
Pat, Im very glad that you and Reid both mentioned Stan's emblems- I thought I was SOL when both of mine broke within the last few weeks. Thanks for the heads up- I cant wait to get the new ones on!
bradjones View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bradjones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-17-2008 at 8:29pm
i am in upland, CA I would like to see what you have, please either send me a pic or I can drive over,

Thanks
Brad Jones
coltsphan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coltsphan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:52am
I need a starboard aft emblem for my 67 Mustang. Any thoughts? Thanks.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:37pm
Pete, Stan is selling the plastic white/black emblems that were used from (late?) '71 until ~1978. I just got my sets- Ive yet to install them. I should snap a picture- they look AWESOME.

Your '67 would have had the smaller script emblems made out of metal (aluminum?). I dont think anyone has reproduced them- at least not anyone who has made them available on this site. I would think there would be quite a market for them.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Your '67 would have had the smaller script emblems made out of metal (aluminum?). I dont think anyone has reproduced them- at least not anyone who has made them available on this site. I would think there would be quite a market for them.

Don't be silly theres no market for them things, they are all over the place, dime a dozen.. in fact I feel bad for anyone stuck with a set. However nice guy that I am if someone had a couple I would probably give them a couple bucks to take them off thier hands, you know just to help them out.

1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
boat dr View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boat dr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 2:26pm
Fans I have a buddy that just opened up a co. that specializes in water cutting.He says it will cut on a 3 axis plane.
If someone will "LOAN" me a emblem I will see if he can duplicate the script and make them from Stainless Steel..........Boat dr
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by boat dr boat dr wrote:

Fans I have a buddy that just opened up a co. that specializes in water cutting.He says it will cut on a 3 axis plane.
If someone will "LOAN" me a emblem I will see if he can duplicate the script and make them from Stainless Steel..........Boat dr

how does he plan on making the radius along the whole top edge around every letter? or is that just going to be beveled? waterjet isn't capable of doing that with 3 and even if it had 5 axis capibility it would be tough for a waterjet machine to pull off.
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-20-2008 at 4:10pm
There is also the challenge of the recessed area between the bottom of the letters and the strip where the mounting holes are. The recessed areas also have a textured surface, not polished.

The only way to make a convincing reproduction of these is to have them cast, like the originals.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123>
  Share Topic