Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Supply / Fuel Pump / carb?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
wakesurfer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Supply / Fuel Pump / carb?
    Posted: July-21-2008 at 2:52am

hello again gentlemen.

i have finaly got the ole boat on the water and she acted up again.

here is what she did:

She had been started in the dry no problems. Put in the water ran for 30 minutes - perfect.

beached her gently for 30min.

then started her up... she shut down and will not start.

it seems no fuel is the issue. Does the fule pump just stop all the sudden like this?

when i give the throttle some love the carb doesn't squirt any gas into the chamber.

i disconnected ( by-passed the fuel / water separator )... I sucked on the fuel line from the tank and got a mouth full so the line to the tank is good and clear. it seems.

I took off the hose that goes from the carb to the pump at the pump side and started her up..

the fuel shoots out in small squirts very weak and every few seconds from the fuel pump.

it seems weak to me but I dont know what it should look like.

i think it is the fuel pump.

rebuilt most everything else.

how much should the fuel pump squirt out?

cheers for another day towed back to the ramp.

nice sunset.
jamie

eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 10:11am
you should get a squirt every revolution as the cam strokes the arm...go at it HW, it does sound as if the fuel pump is shot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 3:47pm

Might also be the anti syphon valve?

checking into to it this evening.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-21-2008 at 3:48pm
HW?
MdFooter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MdFooter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 2:19am
Wakesurfer,
Spend the money on a new fuel pump. When I put my new one in, it looked like Old Faithful with just a short crank.

Make sure you get a marine type, it has to have the overflow sight tube to be USCG approved.
KP
1st85 Nautique
2nd
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 9:43am
Wake, HW- Hollywood, He'll have a good time with that post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wakesurfer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 12:00pm

Well. As I am waiting for my pump to show up I figured I would go through the fuel lines once again.

I removed the water/ fuel sep, disconnected all the fuel lines and blew them out.

sprayed carb cleaner in everything imaginable.

and with 2 cranks, a small backfire out of the carb, she cranked.

and she continues to crank!

check this out.... I filled up with gas w my truck and boat same time, well, my truck is starting to idle horribly and will not keep at idle.

I switched out the gas on my truck. whaallaaa. runs perfect.

could of all this been because of bad gas / water / air pocket in fuel lines???

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2008 at 12:08pm
water in the gas but the seperator should catch it but unless the gas is really old which I doubt it shouldn't effect it much but if the seperator's full then yes if could have an effect.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic